PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had any experience with Rackspace Exchange Hosting?

immediate
11-13-2009, 06:51 AM
They are said to be probably the best hosting provider in the world. Look at all these sky-high prices.

Anyone here had any experience with their Exchange Hosting or Email Hosting? :confused:

dostrelvalto
11-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Welcome to this site and I am also newbie here.
My name is Disoza and I have just recently join this site.
I am here to interact with people and definitely get the information regarding experiencefestival community.
Glad to join this site.

jazzlander@gmai
04-23-2010, 11:49 AM
It is not very often where I feel the necessity to write in the forums. There are so many gremlins paid for by the companies to bury negative comments that your attempt to put honest information out there gets trashed very quickly, but i think everyone should be aware of issues I have had. My name is Jason Stadtlander and I am a consultant based in Montreal. I was persuaded to use the Cloud Services that Rackspace has been raving about and to my dismay it was on one of my largest clients. We have suffered over the past 5 months from constant downtown or 9 second lag times before pages would show up. Rackspace may be big and may have good marketshare but they failed miserably to come up to bat when I called them to complain about their services. I got excuses and worse yet, NO CALLBACKS. Can you believe a company who markets themselves as "Fanatical Support" doesn't call back when you leave messages for supervisors. I have now been forced to begin moving the site to a new provider that has dedicated servers, let's see if Hostgator or the Planet can do better then the pathetic excuses I got from Rackspace's Cloud support. Oh, and one more thing, let's see if Graham Weston (President?) of Rackspace calls or emails me after I left a message with with admin assistant.

ben.fox
01-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Rackspaces' Cloud server offerings originally were launched without their Fanatical support. So largely the management and administration of the cloud products were up to the user. There is online support for this but it is relatively basic, but their guys know what they are taking about, but they are only there to support the operating of the server. its effectively a bare metal solution. This has recently changed and indeed Rackspace has launched their support on to the cloud in recent months.

If initially you had gone with Rackspaces' dedicated server options then support is automatically there. there are dedicated SLA's around the server. Its not cheap but it is very very good. depending on the size of the solution you have there are different support levels as well. the Fanatical support they have is phenomenal and will support up to the OS and other key components (RHEL, Apache, My sql, php) or on windows (Windows 03/08, IIS6, MS SQL and asp.net) (windows licencing is a pain and can be costly especially with MS SQL. If you have more of an intensive site its not cheap but they have their intensive support and you get 2 contacts, an account manager who you know on 1st name terms and a lead tech who baffles me with information but is very educational.

The point is you get what you pay for, support is going to cost more but Rackspace does set these expectations from the off.

It does depend on how essential you website/application is to you. what are the implications of down time? whats the cost of that? I know for mission critical apps I wouldn't go else where. Thats how they position themselves in the market and is what they deliver.

koffi
02-01-2011, 05:35 AM
Well,
Rackspace Exchange Hosting is new for me, above information about it is very useful for me.
Thanks for sharing.

maxknight
03-04-2011, 03:43 AM
I think any company which wants to setup their emails on Exchange or for that matter any other Mail Server, they should think seriously about hiring a full time system engineer or outsource their mail server management to a company which specializes in the same. What Rackspace offers is base level of managed services - it does not do service level support or monitoring in their standard plans. Anything that requires troubleshooting from them is highly priced.

trenton2345
03-29-2011, 06:45 AM
Rackspace Exchange Hosting is new for me, above information about it is very useful for me.Thanks for sharing.

Michaltrot
05-14-2011, 01:34 AM
Managed Exchange Hosting
These days, “managed Exchange hosting” can have a variety of definitions—from “hosted Exchange” to “dedicated Exchange hosting.” It’s enough to make anyone’s head spin. But we’re going to break it down here, so you can be confident that you’re choosing the right fit for your business.

~ServerPoint~
05-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks for your inputs guys... Well, I have to close this thread cos it is too old.

Try to create new one if you want to know more about this topic.