PDA

View Full Version : What makes a "True" SEO Pro?

seanhakes
11-14-2009, 01:25 PM
What makes a true SEO? I am a strong advocate that true SEOs have working knowladge and understanding of web based technologies as these can play a roll in SEO rankings. (I.E, what is a .htaccess file, how does it work, how do you configure one? Apache mod_rewrite? HTML, CSS ?)

If you don't know web design how can you fully understand the technical aspects of SEO? On page elements and basic understanding of <h1> tags, link structure etc... is only a small part of SEO... :eek:

immediate
11-14-2009, 09:31 PM
The ability to simply rank websites come superior to anything else in qualifying a true SEO expert.

harleybrakes
11-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Over the past year we have worked with a number of organizations that have chosen to relocate their sites from an existing domain to a new domain. One of the questions that always comes up early in the process is “how much traffic are we going to lose?” It is an excellent question and not an easy one to answer, but in today’s column I am going to explore that exact question.

hostmaster
11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
The ability to acheive high rankings and lots of organic traffic.

HostEase
11-18-2009, 12:51 PM
What makes a true SEO? I am a strong advocate that true SEOs have working knowladge and understanding of web based technologies as these can play a roll in SEO rankings.
Yes,a true seo should charge of multi knowledge such as html,css and so on.

mjtaylor
11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Well, an understanding of the technology is important and perhaps desirable, but as a consultant, I don't need to be able to write CSS; I do need to understand how to instruct the designer to use it to enhance the optimization of the site.

Hands on understanding is not critical; understanding the SEO potential of any website element is.

amandalove
11-30-2018, 12:27 PM
I'm wanting to re-appropriate a SEO venture for one of my site to any SEO organization. I have a rundown of them. Be that as it may, before it, i'd jump at the chance to realize what would it be a good idea for me to look first while employing a SEO organization? Do you have any proposal?