PDA

View Full Version : Do you really need a knowledgebase?

energizedit
11-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Do you really need a knowledgebase?

If you have a knowledgebase can you tell me if your clients actually use it? I think I would prefer to just disable this feature in Client Exec.

Mark

~ServerPoint~
11-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Mark.
You need to expect the customers (new) which might have no idea about web hosting and what exactly it is
I believe that is really important

pwslinks
11-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Question. If you enable it would it cost you so much burden?

HostEase
11-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Of course you need knowledgebase to your clients.

GlasirHost
11-26-2009, 07:21 PM
It's always a good idea to maintain a knowledgebase for the sake of less knowledgeable clients.

A solid knowledgebase for most hosts can probably be written in a few hours, and given the time that you might save on answering support tickets that could have been answered with it, it seems to be a no brainer. :)

Any time spent when you're free that could lessen the support load is both time and money saved.

lusi47
12-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Hello

Thanks for sharing this
I think that a knowledge base is important unless you have a wiki or forums (other search able places where customers can find answers.) Ultimately the purpose of the knowledge base is to reduce support costs by helping customers answer their own questions.

If its not full of articles though, its just going to be sad. Maybe best to disable it until you have time to populate it

Thanks

infrenion
12-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Self Help tools like knowledgebase is important now a days to keep your support tickets low.

CodyBane
12-14-2009, 02:52 PM
You will be able to tell if they're using it simply be checking your web stats. If you don't have any either install awstats or activate google analytics on your site.

RH1
12-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Most definitely a plus and helps you out a lot. before I made our extensive KB I was handling a lot of trouble tickets. Did that up, made it easy and accessible and cut my support tickets 80%

Hosting India
12-16-2009, 06:44 AM
Knowledge base is very important for the sites selling online products. You and your clients can use them when ever they need any help, asking you every time instead

~ServerPoint~
12-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Most definitely a plus and helps you out a lot. before I made our extensive KB I was handling a lot of trouble tickets. Did that up, made it easy and accessible and cut my support tickets 80%

Indeed. We always refer to the knowledgebase users with the most common questions

sequencehosting
12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
When I first started Sequence Hosting I didn't expect anyone to use the knowledge base but I can tell you from experience it's very important. As soon as we receive a couple of support tickets on a topic we add the answer to our knowledge base and it reduces support requests.

If your just starting out make sure you add something and don't leave it empty. There is nothing worse to a customer than an empty knowledge base.

Regards,
Jack

durginchandler2
04-28-2011, 06:44 PM
You instrument be able to affirm if they're using it only be checking your web stats. If you don't score any either put awstats or change google analytics on your tract.

michaelmoody84
07-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Now a days it will be very useful for all the people in different sectors.Because it naturally reduces the time and money.Yes you can disable it for Client Exec.

Knowledge base software (http://www.knowledgebaseforce.com/benefits.aspx)

Do you really need a knowledgebase?

If you have a knowledgebase can you tell me if your clients actually use it? I think I would prefer to just disable this feature in Client Exec.

Mark

quintonlinscott
07-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Most unquestionably a plus and helps you out a lot. before I made our extensive KB I was handling a lot of trouble tickets. Did that up, made it easy and accessible

carlbug
07-25-2011, 04:36 AM
for? please offer me more details... I dont really know what to say

pedroshaw12
04-05-2012, 01:00 AM
I can tell you from experience it's very important. I first started Sequence Hosting I didn't expect anyone to use the knowledge base. What do you think?

rooseveltlewis4
04-09-2012, 12:32 AM
I didn't expect anyone to use the knowledge base but I can tell you from experience it's very important. I first started Sequence Hosting. What do you think about it? Please share your views on this.

stuartcook36
04-10-2012, 12:48 AM
The options are immense in the sense tat you can seek for them anywhere. It is really great thing to have especially when you are looking for such things.

John karner
04-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Self Help tools like knowledgebase is important now a days

travonbell11
10-30-2012, 12:52 AM
You can always check your web stats and come to a conclusion. It is necessary to activate Google analytics as well as install awstats.

ernestmandela
10-30-2012, 02:12 AM
This will help to tell if they're using it simply be checking your web stats. If you don’t have it then install awstats. You can also activate Google analytics on your site.

Tec-Zilla
11-13-2012, 11:45 PM
you can use knowledge base for FAQ's and to post nameservers so that your clients will not go searching everywhere for it

Williammilton12
02-04-2013, 01:30 AM
I'm waiting for the man using a basic, but I can tell you from experience, that it is very important. The series begins hosting. Do you think? Please share your opinion.