PDA

View Full Version : Pointing DNS

Ying-Yang
09-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Hi! I have just started a new site but I don't seem to be able to point the domain at the server. I have never had this problem before. Anyone know what you are supposed to do?

NS-Icon
09-05-2005, 04:33 AM
Hi,

Generally, you visit your domain registrar control panel and look for an option which allows you to transfer / modify your name servers and update these to those provided by your new hosting provider.

If you need further help either your hosting provider or domain registrar should be able to point you in the right direction. :D

Ying-Yang
09-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Tahir

Done all that with the control panel - guess I will have to contact the domain registrar.

Thanks

Ying-Yang

iqbal77
02-16-2012, 10:07 PM
your will provide you with dsn data. you log in the control panel enter ther server name and glue recond which is the server ip

John karner
02-16-2012, 11:18 PM
your will offer you with dsn information. you log in the user interface get into pposite hosting server name and stick recond which is the hosting server ip

jacob@samiflab.
02-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Hi There,

Done all that with the control panel - guess I will have to contact the domain registrar.

Thanks,

bidaddy
05-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Pointing vs. Name Servers Domain Connection. DNS is the management of your domain – i.e., you use it any time that you point your domain to an IP address, redirect emails to your email host or connect different subdomains to different servers.

Andrewskyler
06-15-2017, 03:51 AM
Every hosting has a different way to optimise dns, it's so hard to replay

Nathank
06-15-2017, 05:37 AM
I would suggest you to check name servers in your domain registrar panel, which name servers you are using and pointing to your website. You need to use the same name serves as hosting providers assigned to you. so that your website will be redirecting to your server.

aegisinfoways
06-23-2017, 01:56 AM
Pointing vs. Name Web servers domain connection. DNS is the control of your domain – i.e., you use it any moment that you factor your domain to an IP deal with, divert e-mails to your e-mail variety or link different subdomains to different servers.