PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft ASP

Nino
09-08-2005, 04:32 AM
I am looking for a hosting company offering Microsoft ASP support as part of its reseller plans. Any recommendations?

Nino

NS-Icon
09-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi Nino,

I think you would require a windows based hosting provider as Apache_ASP module is slightly different and therefore requires some code changes for your ASP based scripts.

You could take a look at 1PlanHost or hostnexus.com

Best of luck, keep us posted on who you choose and how it works out :)

dchman
09-08-2005, 05:56 PM
How about DiscountASP.NET?

Nino
09-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks I'll check those out.

donut
09-09-2005, 03:41 AM
Hello Nino,

You can check out www.HostSearch.com.

:p

ASP-Hosting.ca
09-09-2005, 10:17 AM
If you are planning to resell hosting I would advise against it. You are better off running your own servers...

1PlanHost
10-30-2005, 06:21 PM
If you are planning to resell hosting I would advise against it. You are better off running your own servers...

Yes, but the key question is do they have the resources and expertise required to run a web hosting business on a dedicated server of their own? Many of those that try, quickly fail and realize they are getting in way over their heads. Maintaining servers with reliability and server security on Windows is not child's play and those who play with it often get seriously burned. Many of the resellers that sign up with us at 1PlanHost are refugees from big box dedicated hosting companies where they previously had leased unmanaged dedicated servers but got in over their heads. There is a serious number of small web hosting companies that start up each year with a dedicated server then quickly fail when they get hit with worms, hackers, failed hard drives, nic cards that stop working and sometimes just as a result of overselling Windows hosting.

Leaving the server management, serious capitol investment for servers and networking equipment up to the wholesale host is a very wise move for many.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

ASP-Hosting.ca
10-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Darrell,

Web hosting is a business like any other business, and should be treated as such. If you can't afford several hundred dollars monthly for fully managed server, then I don't call this a business. I call this a hobby.

Just curious, do you outsource your server management or do you have an in-house solution?

1PlanHost
10-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Agreed but the hobby folks indeed outnumber the serious business seekers. Some resellers who are serious about their business eventually turn into major hosting companies of their own but that is still a big step for many.

100% of our servers and network are fully owned (not leased) by our company and are managed 100% by our own staff in our data center here in Tennessee. We do not outsource support either.

ASP-Hosting.ca
10-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Thanks Darrell,

I got the impression at one point that you were using Jim Hunt's managed services. Am I wrong?

1PlanHost
10-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Absolutely! I am sorry but I do not know how you got that impression. I am not even remotely aware of Jim Hunt's managed services.

Our entire operation is fully ran in house by our company staff.

ASP-Hosting.ca
10-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Thanks Darrell,

Having in-house support is always the best option.

ashish
03-24-2006, 03:50 AM
For the best and totally unbiased information i think you should search for hosts in directories... a lot of the times a host is properly checked before they are included in a directory...

www.hostpulse.com
www.hostsearch.com
www.hostbyte.com
www.findahost.smesource.com

these are fairly decent directories... hopefully you will b able to find something over there...

cyberhostpro
04-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Hi

Any windows hosting company would be able to offer you what you need in ASP :)

theheavenly
04-26-2006, 09:15 PM
You will find a list of good and reliable resellers offering ASP as a part of reseller plan at H-Sphere's Partner Page (http://www.psoft.net/resellers.php). Also check out ourinternet.us (http://www.ourinternet.us) windows plans, they are doing great for us thus far.

Jeceymayor
04-29-2006, 04:52 AM
Hello,

Does this site mean anything to us…I don’t know u tell me??
http://www.banned-website.com

Jecey.

NS-Icon
04-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Hello,

Does this site mean anything to us…I don’t know u tell me??
http://www.banned-website.com

Jecey.

Hi,

Please do not post that website address on this forum again. That website has hidden affiliate links which is classified as self-advertising.

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-29-2006, 08:54 AM
For agree that H-Sphere is a good choice for Windows. You'll be fine as reseller, but if you move to a dedicated solution later you'll need a Linux control server for the H-Sphere CP.

seoindiawebhost
05-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Well, You can always go for any of the hosting plan on Windows platform. Better ask for asp.net 1.1 as well as asp.net 2.00 if they can give you. As Asp.net 2.00 is gettin popular.

You can search in www.hostsearch.com you can find hundreds of .net hosting providers.

Good Lck

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Asp.net 2.00 is gettin popular.

I agree. Lots of my clients have asked me for ASP.NET 2.0 and now we offered it as a standard feature on all of our plans.

johnnyangel
07-19-2006, 07:12 AM
100% of our servers and network are fully owned (not leased) by our company

and 100% of them don't work either, as proven in this blog http://1planhostsucks.blogspot.com

maybe you'd like to enlighten us as to why 1planhost do not honor their refund promise?