PDA

View Full Version : Free SSL Certificate vs Paid SSL Certificate

sslstoreindia
10-25-2018, 05:57 AM
A free SSL certificate may look good and cost-free solution, but it comes with certain boundaries. On the other side, paid SSL certificate is an excellent choice for any kind of businesses which has more advantages compared to free SSL certificate.

Let’s find out the difference between free SSL vs Paid SSL certificate

Type of SSL Certificate - Free SSL certificates only come with a Domain Validation (DV) option Whereas the paid SSL certificates do come with Organization Validation (OV) & Extended Validation (EV) options.

Level of Validation - Certificate Authority does not validate anything apart from the identity of the website owner with FREE SSL while in the case of OV & EV certificates, in-depth verification of the business is carried out by the certificate authority (CA).

Validity Period - Free SSL certificates provided by popular CAs is issued for 30-90 days In the case of paid certificates, they can be issued for a period of 1-2 years.

Support - No technical support with Free SSL while paid certificates are committed to providing round the clock support to their customers.

Warranty - No warranty with Free SSL while paid SSL to come backed by warranties.

Talaa
11-30-2018, 04:15 AM
In my opinion, free SSL certificate is a good option for blog site. I installed Let's Encrypt SSL for my blog site. This tutorial (https://wpguideline.com/beginners-guide/how-to-install-and-auto-renew-lets-encrypt-ssl/) provides one-click installation and auto-renwal for Let's Emcrypt, it is really useful to beginners.

cryptosoftindia
12-04-2018, 05:38 AM
Now a days SSL certificate is must for every website, Because Google has forward the recommendation to HTTP to HTTPS website which have more secure than other website. We crypto soft India provide you a best solutions for SSL certificate for your website and business services.

UmbrellaHost
01-14-2019, 07:55 AM
As others have pointed out you can get FREE SSL certificates on most hosting accounts these days and not to utilise them is bad. Its pretty much a requirement now to have your website on SSL.

As for the difference. Well, a standard SSL (a free one) pretty much protects your site and that's about it. A paid SSL certificate which is most probably going to be an extended one actually validates your business to make sure its real. This can and does prvide confidence to end users that your a legtimate website/business. Generally this is communicated on the frontend via a green addressbar with your business name included. It relaces the standrad small green padlock. Head over to Apple: https://www.apple.com/ and compare it to a standard site which uses an SSL.

jacklindo
01-22-2019, 06:22 AM
Now a days SSL certificate is must for every website, Because Google has forward the recommendation to HTTP to HTTPS website which have more secure than other website. We crypto soft India provide you a best solutions for SSL certificate for your website and business services.

What crypto tools are you using guys to get the all latest news and updates? I have been using https://cryptolinks.com/useful-tools. I don't need to visit every crypto sites. I get all of them at one place using this tool. Happy to use this one.

yuva12
04-17-2021, 07:23 AM
Free SSL certificates only come with a Domain Validation (DV) option. DV certificates are used only for providing a basic level of authentication. ... Whereas the paid SSL certificates do come with OV & EV options, which are absolutely necessary for protecting business websites.