PDA

View Full Version : WHM Autopilot vs. ModernBill

IceBlueHost
10-28-2005, 02:55 AM
Who uses what?

When we started our business, we used a simple programme called TinyTool, but it became clear very quickly that that was not the way to go, and we changed to WHM Autopilot, a huge improvement.

However, as we got to learn more about Autopilot, we found things which could be better and could be improved. I know there's a new version about to be published, but it seems like not much is going on anymore these days and it has been in development for a very long time already, plus the new version doesn't seem to have THAT many new features.

We have been testing out ModernBill recently, which in many ways is so much better than Autopilot, so it won't be too long before we will be changing to Modernbill.

Anyone care to give their insights about one of these?

peter phillips
10-28-2005, 12:52 PM
WHMAutopilot is a beginners choice when it comes to ease of use, and having the basic tools any webhost needs while Modernbill is the choice of established hosts who need advanced features including fraud protection.

Modernbill is expensive than WHMAutopilot but it has many more features and supports automatic account creation. I think another advantage of Modernbill over WHMAutopilot is WHMAutopilot supports cpanel/whm only whereas with Modernbill you can have cpanel, plesk, ensim and more in development.

hostingxnet
10-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Yes, modernbill is a MUCH more powerful tool, albeit, the learning curve is a little greater - but once you master it, the results are fantastic.

Hippohost
10-31-2005, 02:20 PM
I would say ModernBill is better than WHMAutopilot since it's the billing solution that has rich feature.
I would like to suggest you ClientExec. They have good support and bargain price. Also software is not bad.

Host Capacity
11-15-2005, 09:17 PM
I prefer Modernbill much more than WHMAP but i do feel that MB is very bloated with un-necessary features. Personally i now use ClientExec which for me has the right balance for my needs.

NetManimal
11-21-2005, 01:17 PM
I have not yet given ModernBill a try, but I should since I see all the great feedback its getting.

IceBlueHost
11-23-2005, 04:24 AM
Thank you for your comments.

I think I will have a look at ClientExec as well and see what it's like, as it sounds promising.

ayksolutions
11-24-2005, 08:16 PM
I have been using Mbill for over a year now and am very pleased with it. It can definitely have some imporevements, such as breaking down your finances into the plans you have available, thus showing you what plan is the most profitable, etc... but as far as anything else goes, it is deifinitely very powerful.

You also have to remember that Mbill has an edge over the others as it is compatible with things such as Cpanel XP as well as RVskin. Many others, including WHMPilot and Clientexec are not.

Also, MB is coming out with a new and completley revamped version first quarter of 06. Something to definitely look forward to.

ManXP
12-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Well, no one of these programs suited our needs.

We choosed AWBS and we are happy about our decision. Previous evrsion of AWBS were buggy a little but version 2.1.1 was released recently and it seems to be ok now

hostlander
12-10-2005, 11:48 PM
AWBS is easy to use and support is also helpful.

IceBlueHost
12-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Well, in the end we went with WHMCS (www.whmcs.com), which so far seems to have been a great choice!

dhAndrew
01-10-2006, 09:15 PM
We just switched to modernbill after using WHM Autopilot for a good 10 months, I love the client and revenue charts which is something WHM did not offer.

Apolo
01-11-2006, 04:12 PM
I never really liked WHMAutoPilot.

I'd rather prefer either ModernBill or ClientExec (however CE has less features).

Regards,

HMarker
01-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Does ModernBill or ClientExec support languages other than English?

Apolo
01-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Does ModernBill or ClientExec support languages other than English?

Yes, both of them are translatable and even include some language packs.

Regards,

Jaime

Oracle
05-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I've used modern bill before, and was satisfied with it... but I looked at WHMAP before, and it looked good then, but some of the new and soon to come features look pretty promising...........