PDA

View Full Version : i need an advise about dedicated servers and prices

one
02-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Self Advertisements removed

MoiseW
02-17-2010, 05:24 PM
You should choose a datacenter which is located in US since most of your potential customers will come from US.

~ServerPoint~
02-18-2010, 05:34 AM
So what is your question?

clint999
02-22-2010, 06:13 AM
So what is your question?

RH1
02-22-2010, 01:31 PM
I am thinking hes actually advertising not asking a question

maahiwilson
02-23-2010, 02:28 AM
Hello
I would like to rent a dedicated server but don't need all of the space, etc. I have been thinking about asking people to 'go in' on a dedicated server with me (i.e. share the cost and the server with someone from WebmasterWorld for example). Has anyone here done this? Is this a disaster waiting to happen or a good way to save a lot of money? Opinions?

p.s. The reason I want to do this is to be able to use RedHat Akopia Interchange and other programs and not have to beg when I want something done.

maahiwilson
02-23-2010, 02:30 AM
Hello
After starting your website with a Shared Hosting service, you may find yourself in a bind. Bandwidth is constantly being exceeded due to high traffic, making your site load at the pace of a tortoise. This means one thing: It’s time for an upgrade!

Dedicated Servers are a great solution for sites that have outgrown the limits of Shared Hosting. They provide you more control and better security while giving you robust storage and bandwidth for your site. Plus, you still don’t have to worry about physical server maintenance, as it is the host’s responsibility.

There are two types of Dedicated Servers: Managed and Unmanaged.

Managed Dedicated Servers are more expensive. However, the host will do all of the security updates, operating system updates and control panel updates for you. This is a big plus if you don’t know what you are doing when it comes to server administration. It is generally worth the extra cost.

With an Unmanaged Dedicated Server, you are responsible for all of the updates and software installs. This is a great option if you are experienced with server administration, as it is almost always cheaper than a Managed Dedicated Server. You are also able to install whatever software you want with Unmanaged Dedicated Servers. However, be aware that if you do happen to need host assistance with your server it will cost you extra money. Unmanaged Dedicated Servers can take a lot of time to administer as well, which could mean you will spend less time developing content and features for your site.

If you find that your site is constantly down or taken offline for exceeding quotas, then you most likely need a Dedicated Server. Only you can know if you will need a Managed Dedicated Server or Unmanaged Dedicated Server. If you are seriously considering this powerful type of hosting, head over to our Dedicated Server Quote Form and get a FREE quote for a Dedicated Server. It’s fast, easy and there is no obligation!