PDA

View Full Version : What happends to echolima, is gone?

penney
11-18-2005, 03:29 AM
Hi
Four days ago I sign up in echolima.com and now the server is down ( I supose) for second days. I haven´t received any mail, the web page is not working.
I have send two mails without anwser, I think I have done a big mistake choosing this hosting.
Any idea what´s going on?

Thanks

Penney:mad:

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Do they offer money back guarantee? If yes, ask for refund and find better hosting company...

penney
11-18-2005, 12:54 PM
They have money back guarantee 30 days but they donīt answer the mail. Very bad, nearly 48 hors down.

Martie
11-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Is there a phone number you can contact them through?
Hopefully it will get sorted but 2 days down is not good.
As a last resort if you paid by credit card you can contact your bank and issue a chargeback for services not rendered. I wouldnt advise this though unless you've exhausted all means to contact them. Hopefully they will just issue a refund and you can shop for a new host.

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Requesting charegback should be your last resort...

IceBlueHost
11-23-2005, 04:22 AM
Their site appears to be back up, but I can't find any news on theri site regarding any downtime.
Were you able to get in touch with them already?

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Yes, tell us what happened?

qoncept
01-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Penney, I've had my site (enginuity.org) at echolima for about 8 months now. They apparantly were bought out and said they'd have downtime on and around december 26th. It's now jan 5 and I'm still having trouble. I decided to just find a new host (netfirms.com) and I've been unable to contact echolima for a domain transfer authorization code. I'm getting mad.

ASP-Hosting.ca
01-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Penney, I've had my site (enginuity.org) at echolima for about 8 months now. They apparantly were bought out and said they'd have downtime on and around december 26th. It's now jan 5 and I'm still having trouble. I decided to just find a new host (netfirms.com) and I've been unable to contact echolima for a domain transfer authorization code. I'm getting mad.

Who bought them?

qoncept
01-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Who bought them?
I'm not sure.. here's the short reply I got when I asked when the site would finally be back up

Its just being migrated to the new server sir.

Lee Edward
CEO
Echolima Web Services Inc.
I honestly don't remember where I heard they were being bought out. I thought it was an email but I can't find it now..

Edit: Here it is.. December 6

Good day!

As some of you may already know, Echolima Web Services Inc. has been sold and new ownership is slowly taking over. This brings on some obstacles and new server changes which will enhance your 'Echolima' experience.

Because of this, you may experience a few days of downtime shortly after the 25th of December, for the move to the new servers. There should be nothing to do on your end for this move, however I do ask that incase of a problem that you back up your data using the back up utility in PLESK and downloading the backup file.

I also ask that you try to minimize the file uploads starting the 23rd of December.

I am sorry if this has caused an inconvenience to any of you, but I do look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Thank you,

Lee Edward
CEO
Echolima Web Services Inc.

Generated by Echolima Web Services Inc.

HMarker
01-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Maybe they had a fatal server problem and had to move clients to new server. That process may take up to 1 week if they have thousands of clients on the old server.

d0hboy
01-16-2006, 12:15 AM
It's been over two weeks of outage and even their homepage or internal support site (ewssupport.com) doesn't work. I find that hard to believe that some interim website can't be setup just to inform their customers , because this seriously bad business practice to simply disappear without any contact information. I'm moving my business out asap.

HMarker
01-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Then you should better apply your bank for credit card chargeback procedure to get your money back.

qoncept
01-24-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm working on that, I'm also trying to get my domain transfered which is proving to be difficult.

It's been over a month since I've been able to contact anyone and echolima's support phone number is a residential phone number.

d0hboy
05-23-2006, 03:00 PM
www.echolima.com now has a for-sale placeholder advertising a Honda civic. This is bad news for anybody looking to reclaim those domains that were held on behalf of them by echolima.com as the registrar.