PDA

View Full Version : Flash media server 2 and web hosting options

phishin4dmb
12-02-2005, 06:19 AM
Hey all:

Are there any VPS out there that allow me the optoins to install programs like FMS, or my own database programs? My main intrest is to have the ability to run my own FMS2 for testing purposes.

Can this even be done with a VPS? OR do I need to get a dedicated server? Any suggestions, options, or place to visit would be great. So far I havent found any solid answers.

Thanks

Steve.

Oracle
05-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Do I need a host that uses Flash Media Server 2 Hosting ?

I am interested in finding a host to stream Flash 8 Video
and would be streaming the FLV from different domains.
Ideally you offer a way to track the the bandwith usage from
each of 20 different domains. Need around 1.5 Mbps of bandwith to serve 100 Connections simutaneasuly 1 GB Disk Space less then 50gb Monthly Bandwidth Transfer......

LDHosting
05-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Something you can do is just look around for VPS hosting companies, and if you find one you like and matches your bandwidth etc requirements, just contact their support and ask them.

bob
05-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I think you'll need lot of server resources and to avoid overloading to your VPS hosting nodes I would suggest to go for dedicated server.

fuji0050
05-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Something you can do is just attending about for VPS hosting companies, and if you acquisition one you like and matches your bandwidth etc requirements, just acquaintance their abutment and ask them.

rumsfo
05-28-2009, 07:24 AM
Yes VPS is the best option for the media content.

~ServerPoint~
06-04-2009, 03:39 AM
The thread was uped and that is nopt actual any more - closed