PDA

View Full Version : Flash media server 2 and web hosting options

phishin4dmb
12-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Hey all:

Are there any VPS out there that allow me the optoins to install programs like FMS, or my own database programs? My main intrest is to have the ability to run my own FMS2 for testing purposes.

Can this even be done with a VPS? OR do I need to get a dedicated server? Any suggestions, options, or place to visit would be great. So far I havent found any solid answers.

Thanks

Steve.

ASP-Hosting.ca
12-06-2005, 10:03 AM
You might be able to run it on VPs, but I'm not sure...

phishin4dmb
12-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the reply. So far every one I have asked seems to say the same thing. It's alwasy a MABY...

ASP-Hosting.ca
12-06-2005, 10:32 AM
I don't know, because I do not offer VPS hosting. You can ask a couple of hosts that offer VPS hosting if what you want is possible.

HMarker
02-24-2006, 05:56 PM
I have a friend who host his web site at www.agorahosting.com and use the Flash Media Server 2 without any problem. FMS2 is installed by default at Agora Hosting servers and they let you use it at no additional cost.

~ServerPoint~
11-05-2008, 04:02 AM
lareina0707, please do not spam our forums

vivianflv
03-05-2009, 03:16 AM
I know another flash server: moyea flash video server. It can works on windows nt and xp. Who use it? Can anyone give me some suggestion?

Onsiteservers
03-07-2009, 05:42 PM
You d not need a dedicated server to have flash media server.VPS host too can provide you this may be this service needs to be enabled check with your provider.

Oracle
05-20-2009, 09:40 AM
By using Flash Media Server 2 and the Flash Platform, publishers can now integrate video into their websites and applications with complete control over playback, interactivity, and branding for a seamless experience. Flash Media Server 2 is the foundation for delivering both recorded and live Flash video in large-scale deployments such as video on demand, live web broadcasts, MP3 streaming, video blogging, and video/audio chat applications.

"With the Flash Platform, users can finally view high-quality, interactive video online as a truly seamless, instant-on web video experience," said Tom Hale, senior vice president and general manager, Macromedia. "The new version of Flash Media Server 2 will now provide organizations with the most powerful way to deliver web video and rich media applications to the widest possible audience on the Internet"...........