PDA

View Full Version : Best Domain and Email Deal?

highpr
01-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I see where the new www.Gate.com has a domain and email for $4.95 per month. It’s cheaper if you sign up for a year in advance (works out to $4.16.).

I have a similar account at Go Daddy, and it costs about the same.

What should I look for when planning to purchase JUST a domain name and email account? What would be a compelling reason to switch (my account is due for renewal in February)?

I noticed that there is no setup fee and 1 Gig of space with the Gate.com deal.

NS-Icon
01-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi,

Just out of curiosity, could you please provide us with your current hosting supplier and domain name, it helps to post these details when possible to ensure others and myself don’t view your post as an advertisement for gate

HMarker
01-14-2006, 06:52 PM
I really looks like self promotion or paid review for gate. By the way, why are you so curious about price when you are talking about a $5 service ;)

highpr
03-22-2006, 10:50 AM
From Reply Above: ''Just out of curiosity, could you please provide us with your current hosting supplier and domain name, it helps to post these details when possible to ensure others and myself don’t view your post as an advertisement for gate''

I have a few accounts at multiple providers:

lahost.net
godaddy.com
webintellects.com
hostmysite.com

I also have many domains parked (at Go Daddy). For this particular example I was referring to a domain that I registered for my father - he just wants email. I got it through Go Daddy and also use a tool called 'spamarrest' to filter out spam.

The whole account plus spamarrest is somewhat more expensive than the plan I read about above. Just trying to save a few bucks - as I am giving the service (domain registration and email account) away to my dad for free.

I see posts in here all the time that ask things like: "Is IPOWER a good email host?" or "Is Go Daddy a good domain provider?"

Not sure why this is a big deal? Are we supposed to refrain from mentioning brand names on this forum?

Thanks for any help you can give.

weblord
03-23-2006, 03:54 AM
you can really conclude something like "best.. deal ever" it's an obvious self-promote and an ad.