PDA

View Full Version : What is a Data Center?

sandy0444
11-29-2010, 06:01 AM
All good web hosting companies have a Data Center which is a facility used to store and manage websites & other Internet information through a network of secure servers. These Data Centers house powerful computer servers connected to the Internet 24×7×365. Secure data centers may also contain a network operations center (NOC) used for monitoring server activity, network performance, & Internet traffic.

~ServerPoint~
12-02-2010, 04:51 AM
I believe that Data centers are typically very expensive to build and maintain.
So, it will be great to deal with web hosting providers that have their own Data Centers.

~ServerPoint~
12-07-2010, 04:12 AM
I believe that you will also find as much as possible useful information in wikipedia.

Thomasr
12-10-2010, 07:39 AM
A data center is a computer system's most important and vulnerable component,A data center is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems.

jhoncamron799
01-03-2011, 05:27 AM
A data center is a centralized repository, either physical or virtual, for the storage, management, and dissemination of data and information organized around a particular body of knowledge or pertaining to a particular business.

jackdalson
01-03-2011, 06:40 AM
It is essential for a datacenter to include fire protection systems. The web hosting companies install smoke detectors so as to give an early warning. Hand held fire extinguishers and a fire sprinkler system are also provided to control the fire.

shandy7894
01-27-2011, 03:56 AM
I believe that Data centers are typically very expensive to build and maintain.So, it will be great to deal with web hosting providers that have their own Data Centers.

ThatGuy
02-01-2011, 03:55 AM
I prefer to use secured data center services which are more reliable, I know that Gorack.net is providing quality colocation solutions with high security, speed networking and high available skilful support

koffi
02-01-2011, 05:31 AM
Dear,
With regard to web hosting, a data center (sometimes spelled datacenter) is a specialized facility designed specifically for housing web servers, including regulated power, dedicated Internet connection, security and support.

john963
02-08-2011, 04:14 AM
A data center is a centralized repository for the storage and management of data. It is a place that houses large numbers of computers network, backup power supplies, security application, air conditioning and more. There are 2 types of data center i.e. Physical and virtual data center.

plkm.xcxc
02-08-2011, 11:32 AM
A Data Center is a physical location, usually a floor or a building, where telecommunication equipments .

WebhostGIANTRob
02-16-2011, 07:43 AM
I think that you need to look at Wikipedia for more information about Data Centers.

Wireless Refill
03-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Me also Agree that Data center is too typically very expensive to build up and maintain.
For web hosting providers its great deal .

beau710
03-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the information! I've been meaning to start this process myself so this is a big help.

lanceclusner8
04-12-2011, 12:49 PM
I conceive that Aggregation centers are typically really overpriced to develop and record. So, it testament be major to manage with web hosting providers that love their own Data Centers.

davidlaw
04-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Yes i am also completely agree A Data Center is a physical location,it will be great to deal with web hosting providers that have their own Data Centers.Thanks.

Steve-Hostirian
04-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Understanding Data Centers

Data centers are – incredibly complex, with interactions between servers, rack and power systems, data storage, meet-me rooms for cross connects, cooling systems, monitors, alarms and alerts, and much more.

As technology advances with – higher performance hard drives, quad core processors and such, power density has become a critical link for maximum performance and cost-effectiveness. For example, dual core processor technology operates in the same power envelope as single core, delivering increased performance per watt.

In order to effectively manage Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) in – managing a data center, look to high performance and low power consumption solutions. Lowering power consumption relates to greater realized density – without being forced to retrofit / upgrade existing cooling systems. As most data centers are designed with a 20 year life span, and given the expense to build out new centers, heat loads of 40 to 70 watts per square foot of yesteryear do NOT begin to address today’s power consumption of 200 watts per square foot.

What does all of this mean – to the data center client? As competition in the industry “heats up,” prices are driven down, lowering net profits. For your business to successfully colocate servers in a data center, that data center has to turn a net profit. It’s a partnership shared to leverage investments on both sides of the rack.

HenryWilson
06-07-2011, 12:07 PM
A data center (or data centre or datacentre or datacenter) is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems. It generally includes redundant or backup power supplies, redundant data communications connections, environmental controls and security devices.

dhriti
06-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Hi guys... u posted very good info on "Data center" i also want to post something on this

A data center is a centralized repository, either physical or virtual, for the storage, management, and dissemination of data and information organized around a particular body of knowledge or pertaining to a particular business.

Data centers contain information that is critical to the continued operation of the bank, university, or other business. Therefore, that data cannot be lost. Security measures surrounding such data centers are usually very strong, as are systems of climate control that keep the data center's computer systems from malfunctioning. Data centers will also almost certainly contain backup computers or mirror drives that protect against massive data loss. Such backup computers or mirror drives are routinely dependent not only on electronic power but also on battery power, so that they can continue to function in the case of an interruption of electronic power.

Zik
06-28-2011, 03:02 AM
A data center (or data centre or datacentre or datacenter) is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems.

stev
06-28-2011, 03:50 AM
you have nicely define data center

All good web hosting companies have a Data Center which is a facility used to store and manage websites & other Internet information through a network of secure servers. These Data Centers house powerful computer servers connected to the Internet 24×7×365. Secure data centers may also contain a network operations center (NOC) used for monitoring server activity, network performance, & Internet traffic.

jossephwarn
09-20-2011, 07:21 AM
A data center is a hub of computer network. where you connect 24*7*365. to the internet.

ankit
09-25-2011, 02:50 AM
thank u for a suggestion.......

AliceJMonzo
09-25-2011, 04:43 AM
I am very enjoyed for this post. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty blog with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great post. Good luck to the author! all the best!

joyanu
11-02-2011, 04:59 AM
hai i thing data center is A data center (sometimes spelled datacenter) is a centralized repository, either physical or virtual, for the storage, management, and dissemination of data and information organized around a particular body of knowledge or pertaining to a particular business.

The National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), for example, is a public data center that maintains the world's largest archive of weather information. A private data center may exist within an organization's facilities or may be maintained as a specialized facility. According to Carrie Higbie, of Global Network Applications, every organization has a data center, although it might be referred to as a server room or even a computer closet.

In that sense, data center may be synonymous with network operations center (NOC), a restricted access area containing automated systems that constantly monitor server activity, Web traffic, and network performance.

mwaraitch
11-02-2011, 06:25 AM
I think data centers required a lot of expenses, as well as team, to build a data center. It also required maintenance as well as 24x7 hour support, so one can not say its easy to build a data center, Its basically a place where the data is stored , and from where reseller buy the vps, and dedicated servers.,this way a user can host his/her website online.

JPC-Sabrina
11-02-2011, 01:34 PM
What a terrific thread. Data centers are on all the time. It isn't something most think of but these places have to have backup systems in place for power loss. So, most good data centers have massive generators, fuel storage and in some cases even contracts in place for fuel to be brought in if storage drops too low. When a hosting company has their own data centers then you know you are dealing with industry professionals.

pavankumar
11-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Data Center also know as spelled data center.Data Center is a centralized repository and either physical or virtual, for the storage, management.

jamsen
10-02-2012, 11:08 PM
A data center (sometimes spelled datacenter) is a centralized repository, either physical or virtual, for the storage, management, and dissemination of data and information organized around a particular body of knowledge or pertaining to a particular business.

amybruce
10-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Hmm.....
learn it

BobbyR
10-09-2012, 09:45 PM
You can easily recover misplaced information through corrupted, formatted or even damaged HFS+ partitions, hard disk drives by using the function component "Division Recuperation" of Tenorshare Data Recovery for Mac.

kellysmith
10-29-2012, 02:27 AM
So, it will be great to deal with web hosting providers that have their own Data Centers. i m also agree with this...

freelancer123
11-01-2012, 12:52 PM
A data center is a physical place that houses a computer network's backup power supplies and security applications.

nancyfromafrica
11-05-2012, 02:57 AM
data center is the location where your server is physically placed, if it is in a location where there are too

Adsystems
02-19-2013, 12:29 AM
A data centre is place where companies keep and operate most ICT infrastructure that support their business.It could be a room housing a few or many cabinets, depending on the scale of their operation.

schumannrober
02-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks for sharing the useful post

Raju
02-22-2013, 03:04 AM
i didn't aware of this before , thanks for really nice information.

tomm121
03-05-2013, 04:22 AM
Hi,

Thanks for providing the information.....

broadwayext
03-05-2013, 04:42 AM
A data center or computer centre (also datacenter) is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems. It generally includes redundant or backup power supplies, redundant data communications connections, environmental controls (e.g., air conditioning, fire suppression) and security devices. Large data centers are industrial scale operations using as much electricity as a small town and sometimes are a significant source of air pollution in the form of diesel exhaust.

links123
06-11-2013, 08:27 AM
A data center is the most vulnerable component of, it has facilities like telecommunication.

Marshalm Athers
07-02-2013, 03:21 AM
data center is a place where you can store your data. i will be in your location you can say the name of that data center is Colocation data center and another one is data center is in the data center provider company..!:)

miagalway
07-22-2013, 09:31 AM
A data center is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems.

waqasdhedhi
07-28-2013, 07:22 AM
A data centre is a dedicated space where companies can keep and operate most of the ICT infrastructure that supports their business. This would be the servers and storage equipment that run application software and process and store data and content. For some companies this might be a simple cage or rack of equipment, for others it could be a room housing a few or many cabinets, depending on the scale of their operation.

valeria
11-06-2013, 03:59 AM
A data center is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems.

stefijain
11-21-2013, 01:46 AM

sevitsil
12-04-2013, 06:25 AM
The data center is the department in an enterprise that houses and maintains back-end information technology (IT) systems and data stores—its mainframes.

stefijain
12-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Data center is a usable place that is available for It equipment to provide the space to store their data.

mikerock
12-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Data center is a specified space where company can organize IT operation and equipment. Data center would be serves and storage IT operation that run application and store data and content. This might be a simple rack of equipment depending on the operation of the organization.

ghsoftwares
02-24-2014, 01:35 PM
A large group of networked computer servers typically used by organizations for the remote storage, processing, or distribution of large amounts of data

Rinzarajpoot007
04-28-2014, 02:31 PM
It is a place that houses large numbers of computers network, backup power supplies, security application, air conditioning and more.

erriche
05-18-2014, 01:54 PM
look at Wikipedia for more information about Data Centers.

britnilinda
05-22-2014, 03:00 AM
The main purpose of a data center is running the applications that handle the core business and operational data of the organization. Such systems may be proprietary and developed internally by the organization, or bought from enterprise software vendors. Such common applications are ERP and CRM systems.

StuartSpindlow
08-05-2014, 03:20 AM
I completely agree with all of you and your views.

Sameer Shoakat
08-06-2014, 07:31 AM
I have a Question?
Way is so important data center about Web hosting ?
tell me in Details i am waiting your exciting Replies ....!

alicemaris558
06-01-2015, 07:35 AM
A data center (http://www.cloudoye.com/datacenter), or datacenter, often requires extensive redundant or backup power supply systems, cooling systems, redundant networking connections and policy-based security systems for running the enterprise's core applications.

arunsingh01
06-02-2015, 10:52 AM
It is essential for a datacenter to consist of flame security systems. The web website hosts set up smoking sensors so as to give an early caution. Hand-held flame extinguishers and a flame watering are also offered to control the flame.

jacobsmith1
06-03-2015, 08:30 AM
A data center is a repository that houses computing facilities like servers, routers, switches and firewalls, as well as supporting components like backup equipment, fire suppression facilities and air conditioning.

Rackbank
09-14-2015, 06:08 AM
TechTarget defines a data center as “a centralized repository, either physical or virtual, for the storage, management and dissemination of data and information organized around a particular body of knowledge or pertaining to a particular business.” By this definition, a data center is akin to a network operations center, where automated systems are housed and continuously monitored to ensure operability, reliability and overall performance.

swlocums
10-19-2015, 06:44 AM
A data center (sometimes spelled datacenter) is a centralized repository, either physical or virtual, for the storage, management, and dissemination of data and information organized around a particular body of knowledge or pertaining to a particular business.

swlocums
11-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Hello Friends,

Web servers often come as part of a larger package of Internet- and intranet-related programs for serving email, downloading requests for File Transfer Protocol (FTP) files, and building and publishing Web pages.

nomanali
11-13-2015, 02:41 AM
Data center is either physical or virtual place which is used for storage, management and dissemination of the data. In web hosting terminology it's the place hosting infrastructure and servers are located.

onestop
11-19-2015, 07:57 AM
A data center is a facility that centralizes an organization's IT operations and equipment, and where it stores, manages, and disseminates its data.

lifsizedolls
11-27-2015, 03:25 AM
a large group of networked computer servers typically used by organizations for the remote storage, processing, or distribution of large amounts of data.

alishawalter
12-10-2015, 04:50 AM
Data centers are physical or virtual foundation utilized by undertakings to house PC, server and systems administration frameworks and segments for the organization's data innovation (IT) needs, which normally include putting away, preparing and serving a lot of mission-basic information to customers in a customer/server structural engineering.

weddingsparkler
12-18-2015, 06:44 AM
a large group of networked computer servers typically used by organizations for the remote storage, processing, or distribution of large amounts of data.

sigmatestcenter
12-21-2015, 06:13 AM
A data centre is a dedicated space where companies can keep and operate most of the ICT infrastructure that supports their business.
This would be the servers and storage equipment that run application software and process and store data and content.

swatijain2233
04-30-2016, 01:26 AM
Hello friends,

Any one tell me, What is a Datacenter ?

Inetwebhost
04-30-2016, 02:32 AM
A data center is a facility that centralizes an organization’s IT operations and equipment, and where it stores, manages, and disseminates its data. Data centers house a network’s most critical systems and are vital to the continuity of daily operations.

alicemaris558
04-30-2016, 05:55 AM
A data center is a centralized repository, either physical or virtual, for the storage, management, and dissemination of data.It generally includes redundant or backup power supplies, redundant data communications connections and various security devices.

learn2do
04-30-2016, 11:22 AM
This is an informative post.

poojagoel
05-02-2016, 02:35 AM

aaronbrad
05-02-2016, 05:22 AM
Data centers are physical or virtual infrastructure used by enterprises to house computer, server and networking systems and components for the company's information technology (IT) needs, which typically involve storing, processing and serving large amounts of mission-critical data to clients in a client/server architecture.

A data center, or datacenter, often requires extensive redundant or backup power supply systems, cooling systems, redundant networking connections and policy-based security systems for running the enterprise's core applications.

rashikasaxena
05-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Data center is a power supply systems, cooling systems and policy-based security systems for running the enterprises.

ragulaussie
05-10-2016, 02:07 AM
Data centre infrastructure is a dedicated space where companies maintain and operate thier ICT infrastructure.

MilesGeek
09-09-2016, 06:44 AM
Data center is a central location where data is stored and managed and it includes facilities like power supplies, backup power, chillers,fire,water detection systems and security. Proper care needs to be taken of the environment like controlling temperature, humidity to get better performance of the system.

kasif
09-17-2016, 03:13 AM
data center is a centralized repository, either physical or virtual,for the storage,management,and dissemination of data and information organized around a particular body of knowledge or pertaining to a particular business.

alpa
09-17-2016, 01:24 PM
The data center is the department in an enterprise that houses and maintains back-end information technology (IT) systems and data stores—its mainframes.

Michael Tyler
09-19-2016, 02:00 AM
A data center is a facility that centralizes an organization's IT operations and equipment, and where it stores, manages, and disseminates its data.

elenajayden
09-20-2016, 06:22 AM
Data Center topics covering definition, objectives, systems and solutions.

daric
09-20-2016, 06:49 AM
A large group of networked computer servers typically used by organizations for the remote storage, processing, or distribution of large amounts of data.

BrilltechEngg
09-21-2016, 07:12 AM
A data center is a facility that centralizes an organization's IT operations and equipment, and where it stores, manages, and disseminates its data. Data centers house a network's most critical systems and are vital to the continuity of daily operations.

michanik
10-11-2016, 10:50 AM
A data center is a facility that centralizes an organization's IT operations and equipment, and where it stores, manages, and disseminates its data

michanik
10-11-2016, 10:57 AM

michanik
10-21-2016, 10:56 AM

michanik
10-21-2016, 11:02 AM
item not received request

thgk111
10-30-2016, 08:30 AM
That is where all information of a certain system is stored, it's critically important to secure the data, prevent hackers from injecting into the data center

Bluesky94
11-01-2016, 08:03 AM
A data center is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems. It generally includes redundant or backup power supplies, redundant data communications connections, environmental controls (e.g., air conditioning, fire suppression) and various security devices. Large data centers are industrial scale operations using as much electricity as a small town.

Bluesky94
11-01-2016, 08:11 AM
A data center is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems. It generally includes redundant or backup power supplies, redundant data communications connections, environmental controls (e.g., air conditioning, fire suppression) and various security devices. Large data centers are industrial scale operations using as much electricity as a small town.

rvalmeekife
10-12-2017, 04:09 AM
These are the centralised locations where computing and networking equipment is concentrated for retrieving, storing, processing, distributing or allowing access to large amounts of data.

Data center plays a crucial role in organisation information system(IS), which typically serve large amounts of mission-critical data to clients in client server architecture

saurabh mathur
10-27-2017, 05:39 AM
The data center is the group of large networked computer servers that typically is used by the organizations and thus stores the large amount of data for processing, remote storage and processing or distributing.

manoharparakh
03-05-2018, 04:15 AM
A data center (https://www.esds.co.in/) is a repository that houses computing facilities like servers, routers, switches and firewalls, as well as supporting components like backup equipment, fire suppression facilities and air conditioning. A data center may be complex (dedicated building) or simple (an area or room that houses only a few servers). Additionally, a data center may be private or shared.

manoharparakh
04-15-2019, 05:03 AM
A data center (http://esds.co.in/) is a large group of computer servers that are connected together. Every organization,whether big or small, has a large amount of data that are needed to be stored somewhere. A data center is essential to store, manage, process, and distribute large amounts of data of an organization. In case of any disaster, a data center professional can help in recovering the lost data. In today’s modern era, every organization needs to have a data center for its smooth running. For further details, it is better to take suggestions of an expert in this field.

vashimantra
06-27-2019, 01:27 AM
thanks to show here interest guys. good job

harshal
07-31-2019, 03:01 AM
A data center (or datacenter) is a facility composed of networked computers and storage that businesses or other organizations use to organize, process, store and disseminate large amounts of data.

Smith_J
08-01-2019, 03:21 PM
A data center is a repository that houses computing facilities like servers, routers, switches and firewalls, as well as supporting components like backup equipment, fire suppression facilities and air conditioning. A data center may be complex (dedicated building) or simple (an area or room that houses only a few servers). Additionally, a data center may be private or shared.

--
Smith
Admin | Apps4Rent (https://www.apps4rent.com/)
O365 Migration (https://www.o365cloudexperts.com/office-365-migration/) | Enterprise E5 (https://www.o365cloudexperts.com/office-365-e5/)

juliaalan
07-07-2020, 08:19 AM
Data centers are simply centralized locations where computing and networking equipment is concentrated for the purpose of collecting, storing, processing, distributing or allowing access to large amounts of data. They have existed in one form or another since the advent of computers.

Oryon Networks (http://www.oryon.net) | Singapore Web Hosting (http://www.oryon.net) | Best web hosting provider (http://www.oryon.net) | Best web hosting in SG (http://www.oryon.net) | Oryon india (http://www.oryon.co.in) | Best hosting in India (http://www.oryon.co.in) |Web hosting in India (http://www.oryon.co.in) | Oryon SG (https://blog.oryon.net/)

Сwiank
08-25-2020, 11:28 AM
Guys, who faced the loss of data on the RAID array? How can you recover files? Can I use this program? https://www.diskinternals.com/raid-recovery/ My friends say that this will help restore data.

jesica
08-28-2020, 09:33 AM
A data center is a facility that centralizes an organization’s shared IT operations and equipment for the purposes of storing, processing, and disseminating data and applications.

TerryWhite
09-02-2020, 02:43 AM
The data center is a high-tech secure site, where servers of different companies are located. Simply put, the data center is a kind of "server house". First of all, it is worth mentioning that the service itself will be useful for companies, whose activities directly depend on the uninterrupted provision of fast and efficient processing of large and sometimes colossal information flows.

jesica
09-09-2020, 05:26 AM
A data center is a facility used to house computer systems or servers and associated components, such as network communications and storage systems.

veeprho123
03-22-2021, 04:03 AM
Data center is a physical facility that organizations use to house their critical applications and data.

jesica
04-03-2021, 07:59 AM
a data center is a centralized location that houses the computing and network equipment required to collect, store, process, and distribute large amounts of data.

matinesds
04-28-2021, 12:12 PM
A data center (https://www.esds.co.in/our-datacenter) or data centre is a building, dedicated space within a building, or a group of buildings used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems.

ngarry243
05-06-2021, 02:22 AM
Data center is a physical facility that organizations use to house their critical applications and data.

Thank you, that is the most accurate definition!

Amara Magdalene
05-27-2021, 06:51 AM
A data center or data center is a building, a dedicated space within a building, or a group of buildings used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems.

ngarry243
05-31-2021, 02:53 AM
A data center or data center is a building, a dedicated space within a building, or a group of buildings used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems.

Thanks, good definition!

aarna6928
07-02-2021, 05:29 AM
What is a Data Center and How Does it Work? At its core, a data center is a centralized location that houses the computing and network equipment required to collect, store, process, and distribute large amounts of data.

kristina001
02-03-2022, 03:23 AM
A data center or data centre is a building, a dedicated space within a building, or a group of buildings used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems.

taxiongo
02-17-2022, 02:09 AM
A data center is a facility that centralizes an organization’s shared IT operations and equipment for the purposes of storing, processing, and disseminating data and applications. Because they house an organization's most critical and proprietary assets, data centers are vital to the continuity of daily operations. Consequently, the security and reliability of data centers and their information are among any organization’s top priorities.

Dazzle
03-28-2022, 07:58 AM
A data center is a facility that centralizes an organization's shared IT operations and equipment for the purposes of storing, processing, and disseminating ...

Сwiank
04-10-2022, 02:40 PM
Thanks for your helpful tips on setting up a Data Center. But I want to discuss the backup in more detail. How do you set it up to make sure all your data is secure? If there is a failure, how to recover this data? For example, can I use RAID Recovery (https://www.diskinternals.com/raid-recovery/) or similar software?