PDA

View Full Version : pictures

Bernardd
12-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Many software packages only have the built-in ability to handle one picture per item. If you want more pictures, make sure you have some sort of work-around in place.

Also, some of the more popular software packages require that each picture have the same aspect ratio. In other words, they all have to be a square or a rectangle that has the ratio of 2:3, etc.

Your best bet, if your software is like that, is to just use the defaults of your camera. A typical digital camera takes pictures in a 4:3 ratio. Just make sure you take all your pictures with your camera oriented the same way. In other words, all horizontal or all vertical.

A workaround, if you don't want to take all your pictures oriented the same way, is to add some "white space" to each picture. In your specific case, you might need to use some color other than white, so it will blend into your website well.

Your best bet is to know the limitations of your software prior to taking all the pictures. That way, you can work within its limits to achieve the best results.

bettyboo
12-16-2010, 04:32 PM
thank you for that information

intutive
02-05-2011, 06:26 AM
Sounds good,
Just the right amount of information.
Thanks for sharing.

mariakiriaust
02-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for this issue, I had never given my attention to this point, I would like to work more on it

famerbeen
02-22-2011, 04:46 AM
you can get a picture canvas from a craft store or walmart..and paint it in your favorite color....then get some contrasting ribbon..and make side slashes to basically make X's on the canvas...attach them to the edges on the back of the canvas..and then insert your pictures behind the ribbon..you could do a few different ones and theme them...the day at the park on one...the day at the beach on another...