PDA

View Full Version : Domain Suspended - What is this about?

Lafaso870
01-28-2011, 01:02 AM
I was looking for a domain to see if it was avail to purchase.

Well, it wasnt avail, but I noticed during my investigation, I saw

this at the bottom of the domain whois lookup:

Note: This Domain Name is Suspended.
In this status the domain name is InActive and will not function.

Does this mean that the domain register has suspended the domain?

If the domain was suspended at host level, then why would it appear in the domain registration?

It does not say why the domain is suspended, so how can i purchase

a domain, and get it unsuspended, is that even possible.

HostEase
01-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Maybe the domain is expired ,so it was suspended.Generally,domains go through a 3-step grace period after expiration until they get released by the registry. A typical expiration will be consist of

1) Registrar Hold (usually 30-45 days)
2) Redemption Period (usually 30 days)
3) Pending Delete (usually 5 days)
So if the domain suspended indeed due to expiration,you could register it after finishing the three steps above.

BUCH bear
02-01-2011, 05:15 AM
The domain that owns the website you tried to connect to has been suspended for one reason or another.Nothing you can do - it is their problem.

Mark Kate
02-09-2011, 05:29 AM
As far as I know you can't buy until it expires. You have to wait approx. 75 days after initial expiration. You can set a backorder in advance so that you can make sure you get the domain as soon as it's released.

Dedicated Servers (http://www.ezzi.net/) | Dedicated Server (http://www.ezzi.net/)

dnspointers
03-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Maybe the domain is expired ,so it was suspended.

diegomartin65
05-13-2011, 06:09 AM
The class that owns the website you proven to connect to has been suspended for one saneness or added.Cipher you can do - it is their problem.

Michaltrot
05-18-2011, 01:49 AM
Ask the registrar, its them who suspend domain names. You cannot purchase a suspended name, only an available name. A lot of your questions can easily be answered fi you simply ask the companies your referring to, or set aside 5 minutes to look things up online.

Diamondzul
05-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Yes your domain may be expire. And another things that somebody cheat you about your website domain.

Yigedajiba
06-13-2011, 03:54 AM
Maybe you have done a lot of things that violate the rules of Google or Yahoo...

zelthost
08-07-2011, 06:20 AM
Maybe you have done a lot of things that violate the rules of Google or Yahoo...

Yes, i agree with. Because I faced that problem. My client violated copyright rules then godaddy Suspended his domain with my other client domain name.

stacy_kodani
08-09-2011, 09:04 AM
You can contact the register with the whois address details.

zita
09-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Hi,

It appears that the domain is suspended by hosting company company..
If domain is expired, then as sated above it will available for re-registration after completing three steps.. Then you can go for register it!

adrianpollard12
03-09-2012, 12:03 AM
"Although it is still not propagated, our DNS (Domain Name System) for Jotform.com started pointing back to the correct names. They have not notified us but it looks like they might have lifted the suspension," Tank said in an e-mail. "We will probably never find out the reason for the suspension. It has been a very difficult two days for both our users and for us. So, I hope this is the end."

DanielChew
03-15-2012, 04:14 AM
Would that be more comfortable if you could provide us the domain name that you wish to purchase?

So that we can clarify more detail and get back to you.

poddys
04-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Domains can be suspended for breach of copyright, for publishing illegal content, or anything else that breaks the host Terms Of Service.

I assume that in this case the registration has not expired, but the web site has been taken down by the host.

godric
04-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Just as Poddys said, the domains can be suspended by the register for violating the rules. One thing to note though if your host is different from where you got the name, the host can also put a suspension in your host. Instead of showing your site, they will usually show a suspended page or something.

If your register cannot give you the reason, try asking the host if they were the culprit.

kadinbert358
05-21-2012, 01:50 AM
You cannot buy this domain, until the expiry date is over. You can backorder this website so that you can get the domain, as soon as the expiry dates overs.

JerrickYeoh
06-21-2012, 12:20 AM
The domain might be in pending delete or the domain might in suspended due to trademark issues, or the website face some copyright and trademark issues as well.
The best is go with other domain name while most of suspended domain name may not have a good history for the domain name. Check it before register.

felixnolan118
08-16-2012, 11:46 PM
There are many reasons behind the domain suspension. When the domain name gets expired then it is taken as suspended. You cannot do any changes on the domain.

freddyevans552
08-22-2012, 05:34 AM
You cannot buy until the whole period is over. The best way is to prepare a backorder and then you will find the domain is booked for you and you will not have to wait for the 75 days.