PDA

View Full Version : Is the number of indexed pages of an aged domain important ?

Lafaso870
01-28-2011, 01:03 AM
I want to buy an aged domain that will expire in one week, it's has exactly the same keyword(.com) i am targeting. 0 PR, Age: 3 Years, 26 Backlinks and 1900 Indexed pages on google that had a good content related to the niche. So is it good a thing to have those indexed page or no ? will they add power to my future website ?
Thanks.

PlotHost
02-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Do you want to build your site on the existing one ?

Mark Kate
02-09-2011, 05:18 AM
If the content is good than yes 1.9k indexed pages is good and will help your future website. (as long as you dont move or change the content) if you do so Google will remove indexed pages if the link is invalid.

Dedicated Servers (http://www.ezzi.net/) | Dedicated Server (http://www.ezzi.net/)

rickymartin213
02-17-2011, 11:33 PM
If the knowledge is secure than yes 1.9k indexed pages is great and leave meliorate your next website. (as sesquipedalian as you dont locomote or interchange the content) if you do so Google present disappear indexed pages if the attach is incapacitate.

Sabrina Gage
02-18-2011, 01:03 AM
I think you should keep these pages. They are good for your site.

James-A
02-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Right, such huge number of indexed pages will help you to maintain ranking for your targetted keywords. You can add more pages and can link them so that they will also get crawled faster.

vgramble
03-01-2011, 10:37 AM
are you waiting for the domain to expire or do you already have a deal with the current owner? If it's the former then it will most likely enter the domain market (either the current registrar will take it for itself and auction it, or you will be beaten by others who are also eyeing the domain) wherein you'll have less chance of securing the domain.

If you do manage to acquire it by normal methods, then there's a high chance that google will de-index those 1.9K pages because of the grace period before the domain drops.

Try contacting the owner and see if she will sell it to you but this can be more expensive.

dnspointers
03-02-2011, 02:49 AM
I think you should keep these pages. They are good for your site.

kilwa123
03-08-2011, 06:51 AM
I think you should keep these pages.

zelthost
08-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Yes an aged domain important for number of indexed. Because it's has many link.

JerrickYeoh
08-17-2011, 09:35 PM
It important but depend what situation you use with.
Numbers of index pages doesn't matter doesn't matter anymore if you only bought a new domain , unless you bought those iindex page content as well like the website. Because index pages will reindex frequently by Google and may drop in the future.
Age of the Domain will effect the Page Rank as well.

tom30
09-03-2011, 03:21 PM
They are good for your site.

kilwa123
11-15-2011, 07:33 AM
thank you for post

netster
12-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Yes, I think they will help the stregnth of your website.

kathyclark
01-09-2012, 05:24 AM
That should'nt be a problem. But make sure your new website is designed and developed correctly and has content that is relevant to your service. Submit your website to Google and allow the robots to re-crawl and index your site.

luisbalke447
03-22-2012, 04:36 AM
The service can actually boost your strategies to an extent from where nothing may seem impossible to you. You definitely need to try this out in order to feel the difference.

poddys
04-12-2012, 09:45 AM
If you just keep the domain and drop the existing content, then you will lost all those backlinks and a lot of goodwill as well as traffic. I agree with other commenters - try and keep the content.

If it's a site like Wordpress where the content and the look (Theme) are separate, then you can completely redesign the site, but still keep the content.

Another thing that you can do if you want to change the page (permalink) structure, is to map the old pages to the new using .htaccess rules. I did that for one of my sites and the old pages map to the new ones perfectly.

Before buying a domain I would also recommend looking at it's status on sites like Spamcop and WOT (Web Of Trust). Some domains have bad reputations there, and if so it could be difficult to gain a good reputation. WOT for example warns people if they are about to visit a dubious site.

godric
04-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Having that much index pages will help you maintain and get a good ranking for your site. You just need to make sure that the site you are creating will have the same content as the ones on the indexes. As mentioned by the others, google does remove those index as invalid if you change the contents.

stuartwilson931
04-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Google will index pages for putting them on the pages for users. When the attachment is not working then the site is not supported. The content must also be interchanged and moved around for proper indexing.

stuartweston64
05-04-2012, 04:41 AM
One of the most important things that a website must not be without is a logo. Studies suggest the logo is what visitors immediately notice in a website.

kadinbert358
05-21-2012, 01:44 AM
Yes, I think that indexed pages are good for aged domain. You will be benefitted with these indexed pages to a great deal. So, index the pages.

davidsharp357
05-26-2012, 04:36 AM
If you have good quality content in your site, then it is good for your future. If you do it, you will Google may remove the indexed pages for the invalid links.

ronaldostitt39
05-29-2012, 05:41 AM
Yes, more the number of indexed pages more is better for the od domain. So, if you have old domain, you must have more number of indexed pages.

maniat123
05-31-2012, 05:31 AM
yes domain aged is very important one.