PDA

View Full Version : unlimited bandwdith offers on the way out?

ashish
04-07-2006, 05:02 AM
is it just me or have the unlimited bandwdith offers gone way down.. i see lesser and lesser people asking for that kind of stuff now... i guess the customers are better informed now then they were about 12 months ago... :D

peter phillips
04-07-2006, 07:31 AM
I guess people have learnt through a personal experience or read about it somewhere that unlimited bandwidth offers are just marketing tactics to attract them. :D

FH-Donald
04-07-2006, 03:38 PM
There will always be some sites offering unlimited bandwidth, because there will always be somepeople that beleive it. Alot of people that buy hosting, buy it like they do anything else, the more the better, and unlimited just pleases them to the fullest although they will never use there "unlimited bandwidth" before they get suspended due to cpu usuage or some other excuse that the company comes up with.

Michael
04-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Just like "unlimited space" offers it's only a marketing. If hosts don't use them as much as before it could be a sign that they don't work anymore.
If choosing a host it's always best to explore and read other people's experiences.

cyberhostpro
04-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Unlimited Disk Space and Unlimited Bandwidth have gone out the window as too many hosts basically Lie, no one can offer unlimited in these two features!

euk-damien
04-17-2006, 06:48 AM
I think unlimited bandwidth is just a marketing strategy now days. If any company does claim to offer unlimited bandwidth that company is either misleading customers, or they are inexperienced.

LMSservers
04-18-2006, 01:30 PM
is it just me or have the unlimited bandwdith offers gone way down.. i see lesser and lesser people asking for that kind of stuff now... i guess the customers are better informed now then they were about 12 months ago... :D

I think a lot has to do with hosting providers dropping the hammer on the issue. Many hosts now talk about this in their adverts and how other hosts will offer it, but it is just a marketing ploy

highlander
04-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Unlimited Disk Space and Unlimited Bandwidth have gone out the window as too many hosts basically Lie, no one can offer unlimited in these two features!

Exactly, neither one exists in real life. Savvy consumers skip right over those ads.

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-19-2006, 04:44 PM
I guess people have learnt through a personal experience or read about it somewhere that unlimited bandwidth offers are just marketing tactics to attract them. :D

I agree that hosting consumers are more educated than before.