PDA

View Full Version : Question for Web Hosting Companies

ilyabern
04-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I'm posing this question to web hosters who rent dedicated servers to host their shared clients. Is it a concern to you whether the company from which you rent the dedicated server also does shared hosting? Are you less likely to get a dedicated server from such a company? If yes, why? Is it because you are protecting yourself from that company possibly stealing your shared hosting clients for themselves? Could it be because you would not want to support your competitor? Any other reasons?

Thank you for any insight.

FH-Donald
04-17-2006, 12:24 AM
I wouldnt worry about them trying to get my customers just because a server comes from them. When a customer orders it all goes through the server you rent, no interaction with the upstream provider. to get your customers they would have to login to your server and get there contact info and contact them directly.

kalypsoweb
04-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Is it because you are protecting yourself from that company possibly stealing your shared hosting clients for themselves? Could it be because you would not want to support your competitor?

If one has a good customer support and takes care of their clients to keep them happy , then you should not have to worry about competitors stealing clients. Way too many competitors out there to worry about. Service after the sale is the most important key in any business.:)

cyberhostpro
04-29-2006, 02:10 PM
no one will leave you if you offer a good service. People dont leave because they are told to, they leave if you give a bad service!

IndigoHosts
04-30-2006, 03:13 PM
We rent our servers as it means we can always be assured of them being kept up to date both hardware and software wise and have no problems renting from companies who also offer shared/reseller hosting.

At the end of the day, they may offer those services but you may have better Support, better features and other value added extras installed that they haven't.

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-01-2006, 11:16 AM
I prefer to rent my servers from companies that do not offer shared hosting.

ilyabern
05-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Thank you all for your input. The information has been very helpful. Again, much appreciated.

BFTAaron
05-02-2006, 11:05 AM
The dedicated provider will still be supplying the servers to the reseller, and also providing the badnwidth for them. Obviously, if a dedicated provider is supplying resellers, they have a good reputation, and wouldn't lose it easly to a reseller.

HMarker
05-11-2006, 08:27 AM
The key point is to select a dedicated server provider that provides you 99.9% uptime and fast support when you need.

You don't need to worry about them in stealing your shared clients.

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-11-2006, 10:29 AM
HMaker made a good point here. The most important think is finding reliable dedicated hosting provider.

ilyabern
05-11-2006, 01:30 PM
I see that reliability is the key. You guys have been very helpful. Thank you.

HMarker
05-12-2006, 04:39 AM
In other web hosting forums I heard that LayeredTech and LiquidWeb offer highly reliable dedicated servers.

ilyabern
05-12-2006, 12:24 PM
HMarker... so what does that have to do with anything? :)

chadking
05-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Like everybody else responded, focus on your customers and they will be loyal in return. If you give them a reason to leave, they're going to leave. Just don't give them that reason is the best you can do.

ilyabern
05-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Yea good point chadking. Thank you.

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-15-2006, 01:32 PM
The thing is that even if you provide excellent service there will be customers living for various reasons. My point is that you need to get new customers all the time, if you want to at least offset the ones you lose over time.