PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Bandwidth?

John karner
02-24-2011, 06:04 AM
Unlimited Bandwidth?
Few host providers claim to offer unlimited bandwidth. With the limitation of the present infrastructural support do these mean valuable?

John23
02-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Till nowadays all dedicated servers come with a specific amount of monthly data. But bandwidth upgrades are designed to allow every one of our customers to custom tailor their bandwidth allotments to fit their individual needs.

You can determine your need for bandwidth by estimating the file size of each web page and multiplying it by the total number of pages on your website. Now, multiply this number by the number of pages you expect to be viewed per month from your site. Recalculate this number of each page and you will know the approximate bandwidth required by your site.

Yes, It is really a valuable getting Unlimited Bandwidth from service providers.

vgramble
03-01-2011, 11:42 AM
there really is no such thing as unlimited, it's all marketing. when a shared hosting provider say they offer unlimited, they mean that - "we don't expect you to use so much of your bandwith so well just call it unlimited. but if you break our Terms about cpu usage and all, then we'll ask you to upgrade or take your website elsewhere."

I prefer web hosts that provides their allowable bandwith upfront since you'll know what to expect and its more honest that way.

You might have also read of unmetered bandwith when it comes to vps and dedicated servers. Some say they provide 100mb unmetered bandwith so in theory you are able to transfer 100mb per second 24x7 per month. That is if it's dedicated unmetered bandwith. If it's shared unmetered bandwith, then you will share that 100mb transfer speed with other servers.

GardnerBulkeley
03-01-2011, 11:24 PM
I agree with vgramble. Unlimited bandwidth is practically not possible, its just from the marketing point of view that the hosting companies advertise theeir websites in such a way. With a dedicated server you can opt for 'unmetered bandwidth' just in case you need preety much of it.

alferd1
03-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Well,
Pretty much anyone that advertises "unlimited bandwidth" for under $30 / month is not to be trusted, and may very likely suspend your account if you actually start getting a lot of traffic. Or just throttle your speed to a level they can maintain. There is no such thing as "unlimited" unless you are getting a really slow connection, or paying a lot for a dedicated line.

AlfredBirch
03-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Ok, the unlimited bandwidth they advertise means people can download as much from your website as they want. They will not turn off your website like other hosts will after so many down loads have been made.

Portal88
03-04-2011, 12:33 AM
They are no unlimited bandwith. It is really impossible. How can it get profit if everything is unlimited? You need to be more carefull with the provider that offer unlimited features for you. You better go with the reliable provider. :)

vids1386
03-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Most of the web hosting companies consumes small amount of disk space.Because of this reason only few host providers providing unlimited bandwidth.Though,I can't imagine any service provider can give unlimited bandwidth.

webhostus
03-21-2011, 12:17 PM
There is no such thing as unlimited server resources.
Why is there the need for such high usage? If this is a requirement one might need to look into a VPS or Dedicated solution if requirement is very high.

For big projects with high requirements like Bandwidth, Space etc . Dedicated server and VPS is the best solution. Unlimited hosting plans are only to attract clients.

jesicawillss
04-01-2011, 08:42 AM
I agree with vgramble. Unlimited bandwidth is practically not possible, its just from the marketing point of view that the hosting companies advertise theeir websites in such a way. With a dedicated server you can opt for 'unmetered bandwidth' just in case you need preety much of it.

I also agree with vgramble.

zelthost
08-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Unlimited Bandwidth?
Few host providers claim to offer unlimited bandwidth. With the limitation of the present infrastructural support do these mean valuable?

Unlimited have limitation. I think most of hosting client can't use all space or bandwidth.It's know hosting provider. Unlimited offer it's just influence of business purpose.

James-A
08-22-2011, 03:18 AM
Unlimited bandwidth cannot be offered. Its just a trick to attract new customers. If the hosting provider is offering you Unlimited bandwidth then he might be blocking your port speed. He might provide you with a very slow port speed, so even its advertised as “Unlimited” you won't be able to use more bandwidth This will result in slow loading of your website and might hamper your rankings and business. So you must check the port speed in this case or opt for Limited bandwidth with fixed port speed and add more bandwidth if required.

Aden Kevin
08-23-2011, 02:23 AM
To date, all dedicated servers come with a specific amount of monthly data. However, upgrades of bandwidth are designed to allow each client to adapt as their allocations of bandwidth to meet your individual needs.

You can determine your need for bandwidth, considering the file size of each page, and by multiplying the total number of pages in your website. Now, say that the number of pages per month waiting for the site. Calculate the amount of each page, and you know about the bandwidth required by your site.

Yes, it's really valuable to have unlimited bandwidth from service providers.

MyDediServers
08-23-2011, 09:10 PM
To be honest If someone offers unmetered 100Mbps then that really means the maximum you can push through that 100Mbps Port 24/7 is around 66TB full duplex. So I think it is feasible for a company to be able to offer this no problem especially when everyone is now moving to greater things such as 1Gbps even 10Gbps Connections.

newyorkdd
08-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Unlimited bandwidth cannot be offered. Its just a trick to attract new customers. If the hosting provider is offering you Unlimited bandwidth then he might be blocking your port speed. He might provide you with a very slow port speed, so even its advertised as “Unlimited” you won't be able to use more bandwidth This will result in slow loading of your website and might hamper your rankings and business.

So I think it is feasible for a company to be able to offer this no problem especially when everyone is now moving to greater things such as 1Gbps even 10Gbps Connections.

expo09
09-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Most of us here are aware that unlimited hosting really is impossible. The problem is that not all website owners know that this is the case. Although most won't ever exceed the limits some can get into problems.

I wonder if it's ever been legally challenged. Has a host ever been forced to essentially offer an upgrade at the same price because they promised "unlimited bandwidth"?

umairmalikg
12-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I think unlimited bandwidth cannot be offered... If bandwidth is limited then everyone use it limited and truly...

lathermore
12-14-2011, 02:41 AM
It is depends on hosting package, browsing quality and domain server also. What is your website size volume and ftp usage also effected on bandwidth, download speed, also.

philip rozario
12-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Thing is you don't need unlimited band width. you cant exceed the 5gb limit with you site. its all about marketing.

Manov
06-19-2012, 01:05 AM
Yup me too will say unlimited bandwidth is not possible.

smith29
06-19-2012, 08:51 AM
MTS provide Unlimited Bandwidth .. i am using MTS..

pwhjenny
06-23-2012, 04:04 AM
Hello,

I think bandwidth is purchased in no of GB from the server provider, but the service provider do not set any limit for there client usage, and keep purchasing more bandwidth...