PDA

View Full Version : canaca

mattsmith221
07-21-2004, 01:58 AM
hello everyone

i am trying to find out if canaca.com is a reputable hosting company because they seem very good and cheap

does anyone have this experience?

thanks, matt

pxtek
08-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Well I tried alexa.com and view their rank, it's pretty neat. But hell... How do we know if they cheated lol. Well I've been looking for reviews about canaca.com. Can't find any, lol =\ So well.. Wish you luck!

Well they have a 1800 Number, that's a good thing about it.

qsabe
01-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Canaca sells a service they are unable to provide. I bought a two year package three months ago, After sometime getting the right browser settings to enable me to access the account administration area, (Internet Explorer is a no-go, get Firefox for things like this.) The certificate canaca presents is invalid, so you will have to find a way around invalid certificates just to assign a new password to your site. Once your over that stumbling block, you then find you'll spend a very long time just getting a List command recognized. Building a site, uploading requires sending one or two files at a time, more than that and you are hung up or disconnected. Extremely poor response from the server. The help desk seems populated by non-English speaking people so keep your ears well tunned. If you do get your site up, you are lucky. I paid for 20 gig of space and 400 gig of bandwidth. I've not come close to using a small portion of that, yet calls to the help desk are met with we were having trouble with our network. But we upgraded your space and bandwidth. It's the New York camera store of the web. A big rip off, stay clear.

hunnybunches825
06-27-2006, 07:54 PM
I actually have never used Canaca...i personally think that the prices are way too low for what they 'say' they are offering...which i dought they are giving you all of what they 'say'. I would reccomend using: Host Gator. They have 24/7 sales/support phone and chat support. They are very reliable and have great hosting packages. Please visit: http://secure.hostgator.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=sgraniela to view what they have to offer. Hope this helps and good luck.
~Sophia G.~

cbdarts
07-18-2006, 12:30 PM
I have a friend who has used canaca, but he abandoned their service in favour of mine. I didnt get any words out of him about their service in specific, but he said it is good.

Their plans look rather large, but if you want to go with them the try it out first.

Good luck.

Regards,
Chaitanya Dhareshwar

hmalekib
09-25-2006, 12:27 AM
I have a friend who is using their voip phone service and his happy.. im not sure about their web hosting...

MXHUB
09-25-2006, 11:30 PM
i believe it is different team that handle voip service & web hosting service.

you get what you paid for. So be prepare for the worst to get cheap stuff. It won't last long unless their support team really committed to help customer.

1paket.com
09-14-2011, 08:35 AM
I don't know anything about that company, how long have they been in the IT business?

clintonR71weir
09-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the links.

astrodost
01-28-2019, 02:27 AM
Alternative results and meanings for the word "canaca" Canaca. Canacassala, Canacassala is a town and commune in the municipality of Nambuangongo, province of Bengo, Angola. Canaca (plant)