PDA

View Full Version : How to choose a domain name?

Winston
04-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Domain names are the names with which your business is identified on the internet. It needs utmost care to chose a domain name that could perfectly deflect your service at first sight. Url is a good place to add your keyword and it is a strategy that proves that a site ranks well if it has the keywords in its domain name. This is something crucial in SEO. You may notice that whenever we are in search of a product say "lacme" we immediately try searching lacme.com at first but what happens if the site is named beautyproducts.com, obviously the user land in some other competitve page. Getting the good domain name is most important in SEO.

Short Domain names are easy to remember for the user. Search engines love static url than dynamic url. Hypenated names are easy to forget so never use it. Many might know the famous bookmarking site Delicious.com. At first they used hyphenated terms like Deli-ci-ous or something like that. it is hard to memorize but goodness now they changed it as a single term.

Another prominent factor in domain names is its extension if it is .com,.org, or .net, etc., it the site is intended for local community then register at the country's domain. The disadvantage is that other nation people may think that your business id localisedonly to that specific country indicated in the domain. Getting a .com extension domain is better yet competitive.

marimarlouisa
04-18-2011, 12:06 AM
I am badly looking and searching for the best way to select domain name. I usually plan to have almost 5 words of domain name. is it short? or long enough. I would like to adopt your suggestion that I should choose short domain name to be remembered easily.

Anupaska
04-22-2011, 06:36 AM
If you are choosing domain name for seo purposes then make sure that main keyword should be in domain, if the domain is not available then you can use hyphen at the place of space as well, it has seo value also.

Grehamsmith
04-23-2011, 02:13 AM
I want to share 2 rules about How to choose a domain name?

2. One Possible Spelling – Try to find a domain name that only has one possible spelling. Most people cannot spell so make it easy for your website visitors to remember by choosing a domain name without a confusing spelling.
3. Shorter is Better – The shorter your domain name is then the easier it is for your visitors to remember, the easier it is for your visitors to type, and the easier it is for your visitors to tell others about your domain name. All of these are good things.

webmaster2021
04-23-2011, 08:52 AM
I give you a good idea to choose a good domain name. First decide your keyword and then search on Godaddy.com, if this domain name is already booked then add some prefix or suffix of your selected domain name.

diegomartin65
05-13-2011, 05:56 AM
I am poorly sensing and searching for the uncomparable way to superior field identify. I unremarkably program to person near 5 words of area label. is it shortsighted? or agelong sufficiency. I would same to select your proffer that I should opt little class charge to be remembered easily.

zita
08-24-2011, 07:22 AM
When it comes to choosing a domain name for your website there are many things about the best approach. The selected domain name should be best and most friendly to Google. Here are some Points to Remember for Choosing the Right Domain Name @ http://webhostingsguide.blogspot.in/2012/08/points-to-remember-for-choosing-right.html

SiberForum
08-29-2011, 04:15 AM
I suppose that you should try to find a domain name that only has one possible spelling.
Most people cannot spell so make it easy for your website visitors to remember by choosing a domain name without a confusing spelling.

Alyy
09-13-2011, 05:59 AM
I want to share 2-rules on how to choose a domain name?

2. A possible spelling - Try to find a domain name, which is only one spelling. Most people can not write to facilitate Web site visitors choose to remember the domain name without spelling confusion.

3. Shorter is better - the shorter the domain name will be easier for visitors to remember, the easier it will be the type of visitors, the easier it is to tell other visitors to the domain name. All these are good things.

chrisraichand
09-16-2011, 03:49 AM
Domain Name is very important thing for your website.Domain name should be related to the theme of your website.Suppose your site is related to music, then your domain name should be like "xyzmusic.com".Domain name should be as small as possible.With Domain name Domain Hosting is also important.

jamesbrown096
09-17-2011, 12:33 AM
First decide your keyword and then search on Godaddy.com, if this domain name is already booked then add some prefix or suffix of your selected domain name.

steve12
09-21-2011, 06:45 AM
i want to shell my domain name ilasoft.in .if anybody want this domain contact me

moon mak
09-22-2011, 09:18 AM
If it's feasible, use your business or brand name in your primary domain. People will remember it and associate it with your business. Also consider the following factors when choosing your primary domain.

Domain name extensions

Should your primary domain end with .com, .net, or .biz, or with a country-specific extension such as .ca or .co.uk?

markdickson123
09-28-2011, 05:55 AM
I will give you a good idea to choose a good domain name. First, identify the keywords, and then search for Godaddy.com, the domain name if it has been scheduled, said some of the domain name prefix or suffix chosen.

JerrickYeoh
10-17-2011, 12:29 AM
You to need this 10 ways to ensure that you choose a good domain name
http://blog.exabytes.sg/2011/10/how-to-choose-a-good-domain-name/

hemantets
10-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Site domain name along with its keywords name....

josephdawson123
02-17-2012, 04:20 AM
When it comes to selecting the domain name you want, Godaddy.com is a fine site for choosing options. Setting the keyword you want is very relevant in this process. In case the domain name you want is already there you can add affixes on the domain name you desire.

steaceclark2235
02-18-2012, 03:43 AM
yes that is a best way to select a domain name.domain name is usually short because short name we better remember it's good to remember thing that you forgot.

nathanbracken12
02-18-2012, 04:49 AM
First decide your keyword and then search on Godaddy.com, if this domain name is already booked then add some prefix or suffix of your selected domain name.

adrianpollard12
03-08-2012, 11:47 PM
SEO is an important concept. I know about the Microsoft IIS SEO that extends some aspects of SEO work. It facilitates Web Developers, Web Administrators and hosting providers.

alicook604
04-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Choosing the right domain name is the most important thing. For this, you have to be very much sure of the fact that domain name is the most useful area of the website.

ameliewakelin
04-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Domain names are the names with which your business is identified on the internet. It needs utmost care to chose a domain name that could perfectly deflect your service at first sight. Url is a good place to add your keyword and it is a strategy that proves that a site ranks well if it has the keywords in its domain name................. Getting a .com extension domain is better yet competitive.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and you clear all things in easy manner how to choose a domain name.

rooseveltlewis4
04-09-2012, 12:18 AM
I'll give you a good idea to choose a good domain name.*****First make sure your keywords, and then search for Godaddy.com If this domain has been booked, and then add some of your selected domain name prefix or suffix.

stuartcook36
04-12-2012, 12:36 AM
The plans that are meant for the promotional ones are all great and they are sure to add the spice to the promotional thing that you may be already having.

zita
04-12-2012, 04:43 AM
http://www.hostingraja.in/ is a best web hosting company they help you to choose, register your domain name. I am hosting my website from long back and satisfied with their services and support.

boybawang
04-12-2012, 05:54 AM
And remember, if you think that if you have found the right domain name, but you’re not quite sure if it’s the one… register it anyway before someone else does!!

stuartweston64
05-04-2012, 04:30 AM
With online competition getting tighter, every fraction of a second that a potential customer spends on a website is very important. Share your views on this. Thanks a lot.

jerryrose
05-10-2012, 06:02 AM
If you want to choose a domain name then there are several things such as most people cannot spell so make it easy for your website visitors to remember by choosing a domain name without a confusing spelling.

james smit
05-15-2012, 02:52 PM
The domain name you choose has a lot of implications, probably more then you realize at first. People need to be able to understand it, type it in without misspelling it, remember it, and not be put-off by it. However, you also need to consider that the search engines will assign weight to the words in it.

petesampras321
07-09-2012, 01:34 AM
I think that Godaddy.com is the best domain name ever. You will get lot of benefits by hosting your site in this platform. You should use the keywords in efficient manner.

konetkar500
07-16-2012, 06:06 AM
Here are some tips to choose a right domain name for your business:

1. Stick with “.com” – The .com TLD (top-level domain) is by far the most widely accepted extension for a domain name.

2 Shorter is Better

3. Company names and brand names — Whenever possible, register your company name as your main URL.

4. No Hyphens – Avoid using a hyphenated domain name.

5 Make it Easy to Remember

6 Avoid Trademarked Names

Michaelbevan321
07-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Godaddy.com is an excellent site for a choice of options when it comes to choose the domain name you want. In this process, set your desired keyword is very relevant. In case the domain name you want to have the domain name you want, you can add affixes.

sabrinasai
07-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Some of the rules while choosing domain names are:
1. Stick with “.com” – The .com TLD (top-level domain) is by far the most widely accepted extension for a domain name. If you are looking for a domain name for a business then it is even more important to choose a .com for your domain name because of the credibility boost that a .com domain name brings. Yes, there are still some very successful businesses that have domain names ending in .net or .org but just think, as a new business do you really want to chance having a lot of your customers forget that your domain name ends in .net and instead type in your domain name + .com when they go to find your website? There are some exceptions to this rule of course. If you run a business that is based in a country outside of the United States then it can be smart to use a local TLD (.uk for the United Kingdom, .au for Australia, .ca for Canada, .de for Germany, .cn for China, etc.).

2. One Possible Spelling – Try to find a domain name that only has one possible spelling. Most people cannot spell so make it easy for your website visitors to remember by choosing a domain name without a confusing spelling.

3. Shorter is Better – The shorter your domain name is then the easier it is for your visitors to remember, the easier it is for your visitors to type, and the easier it is for your visitors to tell others about your domain name. All of these are good things.

4. Commercial Appeal – A quick way to test if your domain has commercial appeal or marketability is if you think that the domain name will look good up on a billboard or in a commercial. This is especially important if you are looking for a business domain name but it is of course important for personal domain names as well.

5. No Hyphens – If at all possible then avoid using a hyphenated domain name. Sure, many businesses will use a domain name with a hyphen or even two or three but the two main problems with hyphenated domain names is that people forget where the hyphens go (or forget them altogether) and hyphenated domain names can lose traffic to similar domain names that do not have hyphens . A hyphenated domain name can often seem like a cheap substitute for the same domain name without the hyphen in the eyes of many visitors.

6. Other Extensions – If you find the perfect domain name ending in .com then it usually makes sense to try and grab as many of the other common extensions that are available as well and then redirect those other extensions to your domain name that ends in .com. For example, if you are able to purchase the domain name sallysmusicblog.com and you definitely have long term plans for the website then it is probably a smart thing to go ahead and register sallysmusicblog.net, sallysmusicblog.biz, sallysmusicblog.info, etc. as well and then just redirect all of the non .com domains to your .com domain name. This has two benefits: when people type in sallysmusicblog.net then they will automatically be redirect to sallysmusicblog.com and also it will prevent other people from purchasing a domain name that is the same as yours but just with a different extension and potentially stealing traffic away from your website.

7. Singular vs. Plural – Make sure that you set up a website on the domain name that makes the most sense when choosing between the singular and plural of the words in your domain name. One thing that you definitely should do is purchase both the singular and plural variation of your domain name if applicable and then redirect the not as good sounding domain to the best sounding domain. Keep in mind that for some domain names the singular will sound better than the plural while with others the plural will sound better than the singular. For example, if you have a site that is devoted to health insurance plans then healthinsuranceplans.com sounds better than healthinsuranceplan.com but to avoid confusion and keep the singular domain away from your competitors then it would be best to buy both of the domain names and then redirect healthinsuranceplan.com to healthinsuranceplans.com.

8. Price – To register a brand new domain name you will pay approximately $10 a year. To purchase domain name at an auction from someone looking to sell one of their existing domain names then you could pay anywhere from $5 to hundreds of thousands of dollars or even more plus the annual registration fees. While it is always awesome to be able to find a great domain name by hand registering the domain name (our domain finder tools can help you with that) it is often more likely that you can find a top notch domain name at a domain name auction (our domain name auction tools can help you with the search). Whichever route you choose be sure and do your homework. You may also want to read our guide on how to choose a domain name registrar so you can get a good deal on your domain name while still choosing a reputable registrar.

9. Keyword Rich – Choose a domain name that is full of keywords that are related to your website. If your site sells vitamins then try and choose a domain name that contains the word “vitamins” in the domain name. Use our advanced search option for any of our domain tools and also use our domain alerts to receive personalized alerts when domains containing certain keywords you specify become available to register or buy at auction. You also may find it helpful to take a look in our fully searchable keyword domain repository to view exact match keyword only domain names that are available to register.

10. Type-In Traffic – Type-In traffic is when someone navigates directly to a website by simply typing in what they are looking for and then “.com” on the end into their URL bar in their browser. If you can find an exact match keyword only domain name then you have a good chance of receiving some type in traffic to the domain and also receiving some Search Engine Optimization (SEO) benefit to using the domain name as well. Use our tool that helps find domains with type-in traffic and also learn more by visiting our type-in traffic page.

and also for multiple domains Wildcard SSL (http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-products/ssl/wildcard-ssl-premiumssl_wildcard.html) is effective.

mizxaquizi
08-01-2012, 11:54 PM
When choosing a domain name for SEO purposes, there are three main factors to consider: Brand, rankability, linkability!

ksla
08-02-2012, 05:03 AM
Hi,
Welcome. I am new at this forum. I call hello every body at first.
Selecting domain name good keyword is an important thing to make popular your site.
Thank you.

ismail11
08-07-2012, 02:39 AM
The more unique a domain name is then the easier it is to remember to everyone. Stay within the constraints of the other rules when searching for a unique website domain name but if you can be clever and pull it off then finding a unique domain name is the best way to your successful business.

ankita123
08-16-2012, 07:44 AM
there are many way for it such as jaxxy.com

hostsea
08-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Keywords in domain name can help in SEo, but Avoid keywords with ambiguous or double/multiple meanings
merchant account (https://www.nextpay.com)

friv4mini
08-20-2012, 02:28 AM
thanks for share good idea . I am agree about " First decide your keyword and then search on Godaddy.com, if this domain name is already booked then add some prefix or suffix of your selected domain name. ".

ankita123
08-27-2012, 06:53 AM
One Possible Spelling – Try to find a domain name that only has one possible spelling. Most people cannot spell so make it easy for your website visitors to remember by choosing a domain name without a confusing spelling.

!!a
08-28-2012, 05:28 AM
I think that the domain name should be connected with the brand name, then you can better seo position your site.

calvinstone479
09-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Domain name should be perfect and useful SEO friendly. It will definitely give you valuable purpose. Take the advantage of domain name and get best use.

aidenmatthew251
09-06-2012, 12:26 AM
If you choose a domain name search engine optimization purposes, then to ensure that the primary key should be in the domain name, if the domain name is not available, then you can use the space of the hyphen in place, it is the value of SEO.

adrielalfredo34
09-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Godaddy.com is an excellent site for a choice of options when it comes to choose the domain name you want. In this process, set your desired keyword is very relevant. In case the domain name you want to have the domain name you want, you can add affixes.

jamsen
09-18-2012, 06:50 PM
There are two basic approaches to picking a name for your site. You can either focus on branding, or focus on keywords. If you take the branding route, know the product or subject you’re trying to promote. On the other hand, if you want to go for a keyword optimized domain name, there’s a more deterministic way to pick the best one available.
1. Exact match domain names
2. Find the most valuable keywords for EMD
3. Paste the keyword list into a bulk domain search tool

anusha
09-27-2012, 02:31 AM
How to choose a domain?
Make the Domain Unique
Make it Easy to Type
Only Choose Dot-Com Available Domains
Keep the Name as Short as Possible
Reject Hyphens and Numbers
Make it Easy to Remember

annahussy
09-29-2012, 06:59 AM
I want to suggest some tips to choose good domain name such as use keyword related domain name, use easy spelling for your domain that easy to remember, use unique domain name, use .com domain name that globally used.

techwisepk
10-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Hey ! According to me I would like to adopt your suggestion that I should choose short domain name to be remembered easily.

PeterSamuelson1
10-18-2012, 12:18 AM
The selecting of domain name is important and you can go for the site godaddy.com for finding such domains that are available. The domain names are mostly there and then you will have to bring in changes in the name to find the best one available.

Server Hosting
10-18-2012, 09:53 AM
choosing the best domain is very important for the future of each website !

josephvijay
10-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Some tips to choose the right domain name,

Brainstorm 5 Top Keywords
Make the Domain Unique
Only Choose Dot-Com Available Domains
Make it Easy to Type
Make it Easy to Remember
Keep the Name as Short as Possible
Create and Fulfill Expectations
Avoid Copyright Infringement
Set Yourself Apart with a Brand
Reject Hyphens and Numbers
Don't Follow the Latest Trends
Use an Ajax Domain Selection Tool
Considering these points you can go on for registering your desired domain name from any reliable domain registrar. If the desired domain name has already been registered, You can have a Whois look up on the specific domain name at www.WhoisXY.com (http://www.WhoisXY.com) . This could give the domain name registrant detail. You can then contact the domain holder for a domain bargain if he or she wishes to sell it.

cestfini
10-21-2012, 03:31 AM
a very good good domain name brings alot a traffic to a website so when chosen a domain name you must have to three things in mind it must be simple, high search volume and low competition or if you need any assistance just click here http://tinyurl.com/8v6pqnu

adnanmazhar
10-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Domain names have become as scarce as beachfront real estate. No, they’re not expensive, but it is getting more difficult to find a good one for your business. Here are 3 great tips on how to choose the best domain name for your small business:

gamesveta
10-23-2012, 01:57 AM
A strong domain name is the key to your Internet presence. It should be recognizable and relate to your business name, brand, product, and/or activities. Make sure it fits on a business card and is easy to remember whether seen in print or mentioned over the phone.

Use the name people know you by. Don't abbreviate, unless the abbreviation is your company's trademark. Ask your co-workers, your customers, your friends, and your family what domain name they'd expect your company to have.

rhode island website design (http://localblastmarketing.com/)

sydneyrebello2
10-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Godaddy.com is a good site as a choosing option when it comes to selecting domain names. In this process setting the keyword you require is pretty relevant. You can add affixes on the domain name you wish to have in case it is already there.

introspective12
10-30-2012, 07:57 PM
12 Rules for Choosing Domain Name
1. Brainstorm 5 Top Keywords
2. Make the Domain Unique
3. Only Choose Dot-Com Available Domains
4. Make it Easy to Type
5. Make it Easy to Remember
6. Keep the Name as Short as Possible
7. Create and Fulfill Expectations
8. Avoid Copyright Infringement
9. Set Yourself Apart with a Brand
10. Reject Hyphens and Numbers
11. Don't Follow the Latest Trends
12. Use an Ajax Domain Selection Tool

johnthoms32
11-01-2012, 04:55 AM
1st decide your main keyword & then choose good domain name. My opinion.I thing helpful for you

schwa
11-08-2012, 01:15 AM
If you want to build your brand, you can use the brand name as your domain name suck as microsoft and apple.
On the other hand, if you want to some keyword of your website get higher rank at Google or other search engines, you can use some keywords to be as your domain name.

Anyway, it is your choice.

Server Hosting
11-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Here are some rules that can help you on choosing a Domain Name (http://www.axelaris-hosting.com/domains) :

- It should be short
- It should be easy to remember
- It should be easy to spell
- It should be easy to type
- It should be descriptive
- It should be unique
- It should be related to your business name
- It should be related to your product name
- It should be related to your service name
- It must have an extension: .com, .net, .info, .org, …

friv4mini
11-15-2012, 02:11 AM
I will keep you informed for our ideas! thanks for share , i learn a lot.

theshawnchin
11-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Hey Winston i agree with you thanks for share awesome knowledge with us ..

kevinlobo142
02-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Once you select a name, go to Godaddy.com to find out if the domain name already exists. If it does, just add a prefix or a suffix to the chosen name.

Adsystems
02-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Domain name should be based on your business. what's your business and what kind of services you provide

alistaircampbel
02-24-2013, 11:23 PM
There are many steps that we can take when it comes to the whole matter of choosing a domain name but I think the most significant one is all about getting the right KW sets.

theshawnchin
03-06-2013, 07:38 AM
I am badly looking and searching for the best way to select domain name. I usually plan to have almost 5 words of domain name. is it short? or long enough. I would like to adopt your suggestion that I should choose short domain name to be remembered easily.

I 100% agree this thing thanks ....

michaelpoe931
03-07-2013, 04:45 AM
If you choose a game, select Godaddy.com to search out if some kind of domain name is already present there. If it is like that, then just put a prefix or suffix adjacent to the selected name.

theshawnchin
04-29-2013, 04:16 AM
Domain names are the names with which your business is identified on the internet. It needs utmost care to chose a domain name that could perfectly deflect your service at first sight. Url is a good place to add your keyword and it is a strategy that proves that a site ranks well if it has the keywords in its domain name. This is something crucial in SEO. You may notice that whenever we are in search of a product say "lacme" we immediately try searching lacme.com at first but what happens if the site is named beautyproducts.com, obviously the user land in some other competitve page. Getting the good domain name is most important in SEO.

Short Domain names are easy to remember for the user. Search engines love static url than dynamic url. Hypenated names are easy to forget so never use it. Many might know the famous bookmarking site Delicious.com. At first they used hyphenated terms like Deli-ci-ous or something like that. it is hard to memorize but goodness now they changed it as a single term.

Another prominent factor in domain names is its extension if it is .com,.org, or .net, etc., it the site is intended for local community then register at the country's domain. The disadvantage is that other nation people may think that your business id localisedonly to that specific country indicated in the domain. Getting a .com extension domain is better yet competitive.

Hey Winston ! thanks for share great information with us :)

Martinkristen72
05-03-2013, 06:39 AM
You need to visit Godaddy.com in order to find out as to whether the domain exists or not. It is a nice thought to add a suffix to the selected name.

innotect
05-04-2013, 02:19 PM
domain name should be short and most popular.

Aedan
05-10-2013, 03:21 AM
It is very important to choose the right domain name showing the right work you carry on.

dhruvpatel
05-11-2013, 11:32 PM
short and easy to remember domain name is good. Adding keyword in domain name will not help too much for seo purpose.

martinbrown786
05-31-2013, 01:48 AM
Godaddy.com is the best site that you can choose if you are interested in selecting the domain name. Keyword selection is the most important aspect regarding the same.

rebena
06-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Choosing proper domain name is very important for any website.It should be Brainstorm 5 Top Keywords,Make the Domain Unique,Make it Easy to Type and remember,Make it Easy to Type

links123
07-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Do not go very big domain name like five words in it. Put your main keyword in domain name.

softdev
07-17-2013, 08:54 PM
I always use domainbot service to get an awesome ideas and to quick availability checking of domains.

note: it is free service.

Saranya
07-18-2013, 04:39 AM
First we have to findout the high traffic and seo related keyword.. In that keyword shoud be found in that domain name.. then only it will be reach to public as well as good result.. If we follow this steps surely we will achieve soon..

2Enrique
07-19-2013, 08:30 AM
You should search for keyword related to your business and also seek good TLD. com is best.

milos87popovic
11-24-2013, 05:17 AM
Choose a creative domain name and use google keyword planer tool to search mountly searches for keywords.

Markgibson431
11-26-2013, 02:53 AM
really very good article but keep short domain name is very difficult now-a-days.. specially for .com extension.

MaxGenus
12-03-2013, 05:40 AM
Thanks for sharing this useful information......about domain name...

jamialex873
12-07-2013, 10:11 AM
choosing domain name is really very sensitive..

ghsoftwares
02-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Thank your for sharing this type of usefull blog

unlukyfellow
05-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Nice sharing about choosing domain name.Here by i wish to share some points about to consider while choosing domain name.
1.It should be unique & short
2.It should be rich in keywords
3.It should be suggestive to the nature of business
4.It should be simple and easy to memorize
5.It should be easy to spell and should not complicated
I always prefer .com domain because they have good value in seo and quick flipping in search engines. And, I have register my .com domain at cheap rates from XnYnZ.com (http://www.xnynz.com/domains/search.aspx?ci=1775&prog_id=456858)

john2
05-19-2014, 12:41 AM
I choose a meaningful domain name so that people can judge what is the purpose of the domain. I use keywords that suit my domain business or information. The domain name should be small and easy to remember.