PDA

View Full Version : Legality of Grabbing YouTube Interactive Transcripts and Posting to Our Site

Alimoqi
06-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Does anyone know the legality of grabbing YouTube Interactive Transcripts and Posting Them to Our Site? These would be for videos that are not ours such as the @GoogleTalks, YouTube EDU videos, and other videos that have captions and interactive transcripts. We're adding a lot of YouTube videos to our site through embedding them and we wanted to add more text than the standard video descriptions like maybe the first part of the interactive transcript that Google has listed for a lot of their talks. Since these aren't posted many places I would think they would give us a little SEO boost for that piece of content. I couldn't really find any info on the legality of this though. I looked at the YouTube terms of service but couldn't really tell.

Zik
07-05-2011, 01:50 AM
try to use this feature and the timing doesn't work. How do you get the timing to be nsync ?

aditd
12-16-2011, 07:00 AM
You mean like this http://www.downloadyoutubemp3.com/stephen-marley-the-traffic-jam-ft-damian-marley-youtube-mp3.html ( with description )?
I use this site for about 1 year ... also has youtube in the title. Don't know for sure but I assume if still online that is not that illegal.

JPC-Sabrina
12-16-2011, 12:27 PM
I have not heard about anyone have any legal issues with reposting Youtube videos. It is a common practice.

Manov
06-19-2012, 12:59 AM
Yup me too never heard about that, It's good to know.