PDA

View Full Version : Wierd domain issue

Bibicu
05-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Hello

I'm a hosting provider using Modernbill software. In the latest week it happend a wierd issue with two domains registrations.

One of my client has request a domain and pay it with money bank transfer but since meanwile someone has allready register that domain.

This problem has happend twice and i'm starting to worry if i have somespyware on my server or is my clients fault by telling to other people witch domain will going to buy, or they have some spyware on their computers.

Q: If i use a SSL registration webpage my clients will be safe and not be spy by some somftwares installed on theri computers?

Thanks alot

Bibicu

WKD
06-02-2006, 08:10 AM
Hi Bibicu,

SSL will encrypt data sent/received by you and the other person but it won't stop key loggers from capturing keystrokes on either your computer or your clients. Maybe it's just bad luck as it's only happened twice? If it keeps happening then I would investigate further.

innovative2001
06-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Hello Bibicu

I would like to suggest that if you are using Modernbill for Billing department, the use it with SSL.

However, WED replied that SSL can not stop hacker/spyware software to log the keystrokes. But I think they need private key to decryption. Isn't it ? Please advise.

Thanks,

Jack
Innovatives