PDA

View Full Version : i want to make make money ?

mrcool
05-26-2006, 10:43 PM
I want to make money reselling web hosting. I see two paths:

Be an affiliate and get money from simple referrals. Be a reseller and buy services and resell them.

If I become a reseller, what do I do, spend $15 a month on 5 gigs of space, and resell the 5 gigs into two or three "chunks" each sold at $20?

thanks

my-e-space
05-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Hello, I suggest a reseller account, as it is very hard to make any money with an affiliate type program such as resellerspanel.com offers since the customer can just go straight to them without needing you. With a reseller you are your own host, and can then have affiliate programs for other people to buy from you!
As for selling it, you decide your prices. And with most hosts, including us, you can oversell your services, meaning you sell more then you actually have. So you can make 15 1gb accounts on a 5gb reseller (just an example).
If you are needing 5gb of disc space for a reseller, My-E-Space can offer you the following, which is includes:
Guru Reseller:
>>5gb disc space
>>75gb bandwidth

cPanel / WHM / Fantastico
Host Unlimited Domains
Unlimited Features (MySQL, FTP, Email, Etc..)
Overselling Allowed
Free website builder for you and your clients
Free Custom Nameservers (ns1.yourdomain.com)
Free Web Tools
Free $5 Advertising Credit for you and your clients
99.9% Uptime Guarantee
True 24x7 Support
Free Nightly Backups
FREE iHost billing system!
Setup in under 30 minutes!

$13.00 a month
$39.00 Quarterly
$65.00 Semi-Annually 1 month free!
$130.00 Yearly 2 months free!
20% off with code: 20checkout
More Info (http://my-e-space.com/reseller.htm)
Order Now (http://my-e-space.net/order/signup.php?package=61)

If you have any questions, please feel free to visit our website (http://my-e-space.com) and use our contact form (http://my-e-space.com/contact.php) to email us.

silvermoon
05-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Hi,
It's a bit more complicated then that. You will also need a way to accept payments either using a merchant account or 3rd party such as Paypal, both of which will cost you money.

You will also need some sort billing and/or support software to manage your clients.

The "if you build it, they will come" logic doesn't work in this industry, you need a lot of money up front for advertising if you plan to get customers. A solid business plan helps here.
Most companies in the industry will tell to to plan to LOSE money for at least the first year of setting up shop.

Web hosting is a business and needs to be aproached as such. You will not get rich quick, and it's a lot of hard work. If you do not have the capital, hosting knowledge, or desire to run a business then I would recomend you to go with the affiliate route.
silvermoon

my-e-space
05-27-2006, 05:15 AM
I agree, this is not a business to get into if you think your going to get rich in a few months! I saw a guy post a request today. He said he was just starting out and wanted to get a server. Said that he needed 1tb bandwidth to start and that within 3-4 months he thought he would need 5-6tb bandwidth to cover the huge growth he expected. While this is possible I guess, it is very doubtfull. As he said above, you can expect to lose money for the first few months atleast!

theheavenly
05-30-2006, 03:07 PM
You could get a Bulk/Multi Name account pay around $15 - 20 initially and then move into a Reseller Plan that offer separate control panels and custom plans. This way you can get familiar with the end user control panel before you dive into the reseller administrator systems.

Hope this makes your start in a right direction.

WKD
06-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Some good points there.

Take a look at http://a-web-biz.com/ - it has some good info to help you out.

hostaga
06-06-2006, 02:52 PM
I must say, to an extent I agree but I also disagree what was said above regarding a true affiliate program. Yes with a reseller account you have more control, but you must also accept 100% liability as you are starting a business. While it may be relatively easy to get started, it certainly is not cheap to do it right. Sure you can pick up a good reseller account from a budget host, we provide them over at hostaga.com, but you need so much more to do it correctly. Everything from client management, support management, accounting, employee management, marketing, etc. must be covered. It can easily become a lot to handle.

Now on the other hand, you'd be surprised at the massive amount of money some of the best (and even average joe) affiliates are raking in on a monthly basis. The number 1 benefit of such income is it is fully unsupported income. You go out get the leads, push the traffic and benefit from converted sales. Never again do you have to deal with the client or any support relate issues.

There are tons of ways to make good money doing both, but I think as affiliates start becoming more creative people will realize there is great money in it. Feel free to drop me a line affiliates @hostaga.com if you would like to setup a time to discuss the many different ways affiliates can make great cash! Here at Hostaga we offer payouts of up to $70 per sale! (not just 100% of some $7 plan, which makes you NO real money!) Which is going to be raised even higher soon. Add that in with great commissions from other hosts and you can make a bundle. ;-)

Just my two cents... :) Good luck in your pursuits!