PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Ourinternet.us

blackpudding
05-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Has anyone had any experience with Ourinternet.us? My VPS and normal webhosting accounts with them have had about 80% uptime the last few weeks with FTP and email erratic at best. Support has been non-existent, just the usual 'all is well now' followed by continued outages, so I had no choice but to move on.

My problem is how do I close the accounts? I've emailed, faxed and sent support tickets but so far no reply. I'm paid up a month in advance and wondering how (if) I'm going to get my money back? Has anyone ever managed to close an account with them?

Cheers
BP

blackpudding
05-30-2006, 06:33 AM
Just a quick update to say I finally got a reply :eek:

Apparently there's a reason why my site has had huge amounts of downtime and I have had to write dozens of support tickets across my two accounts:.

A large patch was applied to our system 3 weeks ago by Psoft, the maker of the VPS control system it has played havoc since that time

Why didn't the say that weeks ago? Who knows but I'm glad I'm out of there. They still hadn't fixed the issues after 3 weeks (!) so if reliability matters look elsewhere...

Did I get any recompense for the downtime? No

Did I get a full refund of the amount my accounts where in credit? No, I was refunded my last payment only and the accounts closed. Hopefully they will spend the few bucks they kept hiring some engineers to fix their system!

Happiness is a new Host :)
BP

theheavenly
05-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Hi blackpudding,

I too had a VPS account from them once. I had placed TT's, and their support team was able to resolve the issues in immediate and they got my VPS account working properly.

I've noticed in the last 2 weeks, a little longer time, but they told us it was due to an upgrade that had issues. Now everything has returned to normal. Sorry you had issues and we have not.