PDA

View Full Version : blazernetwork - Do not use

comn8u
05-28-2006, 08:51 AM
5/28/06 - I've been down for two days now. Blazernetworks own site is down. I tried calling customer service and all I get is an answering machine. I will definitely cancel my account with this unprofessional company.

After doing research on this company, I found that they are on numerous message boards defending themselves. If you had good service, you wouldn't have to defend yourself.

Even when my service is up it is completely slow. I had a client, "Possible Employer", look at an example of my coding on one of my blazernetwork hosted sites and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Why is it so slow, what hosting company do you use?". This company being a hosting company, I told him "Blazernetwork" and he replied, "Yeah, in the past week, I've moved a few people away from them because of bad service.

What there problem is:
They have too many customers riding on one machine. I also don't think they are good at solving .net server issues. I've experienced more wierd issues with their .net servers than any other host I've tried in the past and currently use combined. From Caching problems, machine.config, and validation problems, blazernetwork wasted a lot of my time trying to figure out problems, which they claimed were mine, but in the end were their problems.

I suggest that anyone looking for .net hosting, to ignore that blazernetwork even exists. Besides, companies like, discountasp.com are now just as cheap as blazernetwork and with better service. If you want constant headaches and issues, then go ahead and press your luck.

I had my sites with them for a couple of years but I didn't do much with the sites so I never knew about the issues. It wasn't until I started working on those sites is when I discovered how many outages and problems they caused.

drazen
05-30-2006, 05:37 AM
It is true. I have been with Blazernetwork for 2 years and never had so long offline period. Today, i went to their web site and guess what, The domain put on sale !!!!! (actualy when I have better look, it is site under construction). I think they gone out of business. What about our files on the server?????. :mad:

GremUK
05-30-2006, 07:00 AM
What a complete and utter useless company!

Why can't they at least post something on their web site as to what the problem is and when it will be fixed. Even if they have gone out of business they could still let us know so people can take steps to get their web sites/email back up somewhere else.

The worst thing for me was having no email. I have had to point the nameservers back to dodaddy and use their email forwarding. Which appears to be working fine.

So someone from blazernetwork is rading this then do us all a favour and tell us what the fook is going on...............!

Dajuice
05-30-2006, 02:47 PM
All you get when you call their 1888 number is a recording that says they have sold the business to a new network management team. I am waiting at least to find out if the IP's of the DNS servers have changed so i can resubmit them to GoDaddy. I want to be able to get to my data so i can at least move the sites. I have about 30 customers sitting around with no email / no websites. One by one they are dropping and im loosing my business.

We could have at least got a warning message of what was about to happen to let us inform out clients.

If they are reading this please at least give us an ETA of when we can see our data again.

Who is this new management company that is taking over? what is their contact information??

PKolas
05-30-2006, 04:36 PM
First I thought it's just weekend, but it's been 4 days of downtime now and it still doesn't work. I changed DNS servers of my 5 blazernetwork sites today to another hosting company. Can't wait till blazernetwork.com comes back to cancel my account. Actually, I don't think they will come back.. they would do something, at least email all clients and indicate ETA. Moreover, I feed bad they have my credit card details.. I don't feel safe!

WebzPro
05-30-2006, 04:43 PM
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=517741

comn8u
05-31-2006, 01:06 PM
I contacted GeoTrust to complain about the untrustworthiness of blazernetwork. So much for the trustworthiness that geotrust's sites have. You sure can tell that GeoTrust is not worth the pot you piss in.
http://www.geotrust.com/

I wrote blazernetwork several e-mails telling them to cancel my three accounts as soon as possible (support@blazernetwork.com). I also contacted my financial institution to let them know about the possibility of fraud since I have my credit card with them. I also set up fraud alerts through the credit bureau.

You can never be too safe with companies like this. I made a similar mistake in the past with another hosting company. After doing research, I found that the owner of the other company had been busted for fraud before.

One rule of thumb, research the crap out of the next webhost you use. Don't rely on messageboard comments because Blazernetwork was going around the net posting fake positive ratings for themselves.

WKD
06-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Just make sure you cancel any account with them via your bank ASAP so no money can be taken out! You could even cancel your credit card so they definitely won't be able to take money from you.

adrianviz
06-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi,
It is June 2, 2006. Blazer site is still down and so is ours. Is it possible to change DNS servers to a different hosting company even if blazer site and our site that they host for us are down? Or somehow retrieve our databases?

Thank you.

First I thought it's just weekend, but it's been 4 days of downtime now and it still doesn't work. I changed DNS servers of my 5 blazernetwork sites today to another hosting company. Can't wait till blazernetwork.com comes back to cancel my account. Actually, I don't think they will come back.. they would do something, at least email all clients and indicate ETA. Moreover, I feed bad they have my credit card details.. I don't feel safe!

comn8u
06-05-2006, 11:37 PM
You can transfer your domain to another host if you change the settings where you purchased your domain name. The company you purchased your domain through should have a control panel for you to log into. If you don't have the username and password, just contact the company.

As for your database, if you are using MS SQL Server, you can transfer a copy of your database tables through Enterprise Manager. I copied my tables before the site went down just to keep a copy. All you have to do is right click on the sub menu named "Tables" under your database name and then point to "All Tasks" and then "Export Data". Here you will go through and enter what server you want to copy your tables to and SQL Server will do the rest. It's easy..

This new company has supposedly jumped right on top of Blazernetwork's cluster problem. This is over a week ago, so you can imagine that this new company is probably a one-man team just like the old owner. Even when they come back up, I would stay far away from this company. For now on, I will only use hosting through hosting company's in my area or found through extensive research. I will not rely on hosting forums or rating websites anymore.

innovative2001
06-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Surprizingly,

we're receiving more than 8-10 search results from google, based on keywords like, "blazenetwork down", "blazenet issue", etcc...

Though none of rating posted on http://www.thewebhostingdir.com (I usually track this directory for rating and reviews) , it seems a big issue with them right now...

playpiano
06-09-2006, 04:20 PM
OUT OF BUSINESS:
Had the same problems listed in the following link: http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/BlazerNetwork.html . Read the past six months and RUN the other direction at all costs. Summary of my problems with them. Live Chat doesn't work, they fail to respond to trouble tickets, they won't respond to e-mails, and if you try to call you will get a canned recording stating that all representatives are busy. If you leave a message you won't get a response. They don't know how to do a domain transfer. They blame problems on other people. They can't follow insturction when you even provide the detailed step by step procedures outlined by ICANN. Many customers have filed complaints. Looks like they have gone out of business and taken people's money. I suggest filing a Consumer complaint with your states Attorney General and also the state of Georgia, their main headquarters. Put a stop on any credit card and banking transactions involving Blazernetwork related to recurring fees and charges so that you don't get burned later. Contact Enom, Inc. Technical support at 425.274.4500 the Official Registrar. If all else fails, call an attorney!

Daryl
11-18-2007, 11:53 PM
I had an account with Blazernetwork for 3 years, hosting my site and my domain name. I canceled when, for the third year in a row, on the day my contract elapsed, Blazernetwork redirected my domain name to an ad site with no warning. The first two years this happened I complained and was assured that I would receive some kind of advance notice. The third year they did send me an alert that my service would be discontinued in 20 days -- but then they redirected my domain name to the ad site a few hours after the e-mail was sent. My first alert that this had happened was when several colleagues e-mailed me.

Then, to top it off, when I called to transfer my domain name to another provider so I could keep my Blazernet web hosting service but have the domain name hosted with someone else, I was told that they would not provide an authorization code to allow the transfer until I had re-subscribed for another year. This is obviously ridiculous -- customers can't end service until they purchase another year? In effect, they're holding domain names hostage. In the end I paid for another year with WHI (because my site was down, and I couldn't spend weeks arguing with them), and then immediately transferred my domain name to another provider. So, I paid for two DNS providers for the year. I also moved my hosting service to another company.

Why in the world would they antagnoize a recurring customer? I'm still boggled.