PDA

View Full Version : internal server error

pestindia86
10-27-2011, 07:12 AM
what is internal server eror , and its disadvantage

shanmarsh2
10-27-2011, 03:57 PM
I just updated a site on Rackspace Cloud Site (Mosso) and wrote over the original .htaccess file.
I set the darned thing up and forgot that I had customized the .htaccess for the rackspace environment.

BrownEyes
11-24-2011, 10:51 AM
it means that there's a problem with the server hosting the site most likely due to a conflict on your .htaccess file or you have some incorrect syntax in your .htaccess file.

btwlzyq
11-30-2011, 03:23 AM
I just updated a site on Rackspace Cloud Site (Mosso) and wrote over the original .htaccess file.
I set the darned thing up and forgot that I had customized the .htaccess for the rackspace environment.

GraceGrace
11-30-2011, 07:48 AM
Due to the apache update, mod_security can no longer be disabled from .htaccess. You need to remove the mod_security entry from your .
- - - - - -- -

English Grammar (http://englishwithasmile.net/)
English Vocabulary (http://englishwithasmile.net/)
English Exercises (http://englishwithasmile.net/)

Delois
12-01-2011, 06:46 AM
When you have limited bandwidth which have been already occupied by online visitors or if your server is down which you are using for your website, visitors see the error page notifying them that they would not be able to access the website for certain time. The ideal guideline is to set 503 status code which notifies the search engine to revisit again. Sometime it can get serious issues like the removal of your website from the search engine index if stay for a long time.

myidealhost
02-02-2012, 06:15 AM
If you get Internal Server errors (500) when you try to browse your website, usually it’s caused by

1. Insecure permissions for the files/folders Fix: make sure they’re all set to 755 or 644 (folders/files accordingly);

2. PHP directives are still present in the .htaccess file (php_flag orsimilar) Fix: create your own php.ini file under the folder in question and put your php flags into it. For example, “php_flag register_globals On” from .htaccess file goes to the php.ini file as register_globals = On Please be aware, unlike .htaccess file rules, php.ini variables aren’t applied recursively;

3. MimeTypes configured through .htaccess files. From now you should use “ApacheHandlers” directives instead of “AddType” to get your files parsed in your own way. For cPanel users there’s a feature under their control panel, “Apache Handlers”.

contact@myIdealHost.com
MyIdealHost.com - unlimited linux hosting from $4.85/mo (http://myIdealHost.com)

shawnjohn
02-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Internal Server Error when moving from one Yahoo Finance page to find a stock quote ? I emailed Yahoo correctl?
Since yesterday evening, whenever I try to go from the first stock summary page I begin with at Yahoo Finance, to a different stock quote, I get the Internal Error message: Yahoo Home page to Yahoo Finance to a stock quote/summary page to another stock quote page which does not come up, but gives me the Internal Server Error . Do you know about it and are you fixing it?

John karner
02-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Due to the apache bring up to date, mod_security can no more be incapable from .htaccess. You need to eliminate the mod_security admittance from your .

RosalvaGallegos
05-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Can you provide a copy of your .htaccess file?

I've been spending the last 15 minutes working out SEO URLs on my own shop, which I finally got working. I want to see if you've hit the same issue I was facing.

B2Bexpert
05-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Hi mate,

400 Internal Server Error message might be seen in any number of ways because each website is allowed to customize the message

Manov
05-09-2012, 02:26 AM
literally an 'Internal Server Error' is an error on the web server that you're trying to access.
Here is the source (http://ask-leo.com/whats_an_internal_server_error_and_how_do_i_fix_it .html)

MidGate
05-09-2012, 04:29 AM
You should roll back and start check where the problem started, most of the internal error a due to incompatibility or due it's 2 rules or settings that conflict.
In your case if u delete the htaccess, the error still happen? If yes, there should be a problem with the ever itself.
If not, the problem is with the syntax or configuration of the file.

alexdadda22
05-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Thank's to spend your time to share. This is what I (and others, I believe), really need. It's really very informative post. Please keep it up. Looking for more relevant post.

boybawang
05-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Sometimes internal server error is caused by server incapacity to carry out the internal program installed.

willstock351
07-23-2012, 01:43 AM
It means that there's a problem with the server hosting the site most likely due to a conflict on your .htaccess file or you have some incorrect syntax in your .htaccess file.

trustee
07-23-2012, 03:47 AM
The 500 Internal Server Error message might be seen in any number of ways because each website is allowed to customize the message. Here are several common ways that you might see the HTTP 500 error:

"500 Internal Server Error"

"HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error"

"Internal Server Error"

"500 Error"

"HTTP Error 500"

nelsoncobb447
07-31-2012, 04:41 AM
It means that there's a tricky thing with the server hosting the web based or online site most to be expected owing to a clash on your .htaccess file.

jameslabonte78
10-02-2012, 06:02 AM
When running a Perl CGI script, you may see the "Internal Server Error" message in your browser. The message will usually also say something like "please check the server's error-log for more information." You should do that -- the message printed to the error log will often tell you exactly what the problem is. The Apache error log, for example, is often located at /var/log/apache/error_log or /var/log/apache2/error_log (or sometimes "error.log").

If you don't have access to the error log, the next simplest thing to do is to make a copy of the script, then open the original and delete all of its contents, and add just these 3 lines to the file:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
print "testing...\n";

(Note: if the server is a Windows system, then replace the first line above with either #!perl or #!c:\path\to\perl.exe.)

jamsen
10-04-2012, 12:10 PM
This code is used when the application could not fulfill the request due to an unexpected condition.

gamesveta
10-08-2012, 01:02 AM
The Web server (running the Web Site) encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) for access to the requested URL.

This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse these logs.

Server Hosting (http://www.supporters.dk/)

ashokkumar
10-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Internal Server Error is an error on the web server that you are trying to access. That server is miss configured in some way that is preventing it from responding properly to what you are asking for.

JimConnolly
10-09-2012, 02:36 AM
How do you fix an internal server error on your pc?

Elanaz
10-11-2012, 07:11 AM
When ever you face that kind of problem, you have to contact with your service provider. Internal error means that you service provider is failed to provide you to provide that facility.

gamesveta
10-16-2012, 05:41 AM
Transfer modes: if you are using FTP to transfer the CGI script to your server, then your FTP client is probably set to AUTO transfer mode; that is, it will try to figure out whether to use BINARY or ASCII mode without asking you.

But depending on whether your CGI script came from a Windows or UNIX system, and whether it's going to a Windows or UNIX system, you may need to manually set your FTP client to use either ASCII or BINARY mode before transferring your CGI script. Try one and then the other.

IT Support (http://www.supporters.dk/)

dennywills75
11-07-2012, 03:59 AM
It is a fact that the problem persisting with hosting your website is due to the conflict with .htaccess file. There may remain incorrect syntax in your .htaccess file.

alfredo85
12-03-2012, 02:41 AM
The 500 Internal Server Error, also called an HTTP 500 error, is a generic error suggesting a problem with the website's server

williammichael0
05-19-2015, 04:44 AM
Always make it a point to deal with the internal server error, which can offer you with the most promising solutions, of all time, and without fail.