PDA

View Full Version : What is ROUTER?

innovative2001
07-04-2006, 02:42 PM
A device, transfers the data packets between networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs or a LAN and its ISP’s network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect.

Routers use headers and forwarding tables to determine the best path for forwarding the packets and they use protocols such as ICMP to communicate with each other and configure the best route between any two hosts. Very little filtering of data is done through routers.

gobeer123
07-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Thanks,

I think most people here know what router is :)

Great Offers!
08-18-2006, 04:36 AM
It all makes sense now!

DamirG
08-24-2006, 01:15 AM
really does ;)

Marek Fuchs
09-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Thanks for information!

loon
09-18-2006, 11:40 PM
well do you have any good source on a good wireless router? i looking for one now... thanks

Oracle
05-14-2009, 04:50 AM
Ya there are many types of routers available in market.I am currently having a WiFI router and its main function is to connect my computers net with my mobile.

LDHosting
05-14-2009, 09:49 AM
well do you have any good source on a good wireless router? i looking for one now... thanks

I still see people frequently having problems with wireless routers, despite the fact the technology has improved. But I suppose it all depends on what you want to do with it. If it's for home use, streaming a movie from a networked drive will cause you problems because it just isn't as stable as wired.

Oracle
05-15-2009, 01:15 AM
on internet router is a device or in some cases it's a software in a computer,that determines the next network point to which the packets are to be forwarded...........
in other words router si a device that forwards data packets along networks.
wireless broadband routers look much the same as a wired router....

Wade
05-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Routers connect two or more logical subnets, which do not necessarily map one-to-one to the physical interfaces of the router.[1] The term "layer 3 switch" often is used interchangeably with router, but switch is a general term without a rigorous technical definition. In marketing usage, it is generally optimized for Ethernet LAN interfaces and may not have other physical interface types. In comparison, a network hub does not do any routing, instead every packet it receives on one network line gets forwarded to all the other network lines.

Jenie0109
06-01-2009, 04:58 AM
if you want to use 2 or more PC's at a time and connects to internet.. then you can use router

top19site
06-01-2009, 05:58 AM
Hi,

A router is an Intermediate System (IS) which operates at the network layer of the OSI reference model. Routers may be used to connect two or more IP networks, or an IP network to an internet connection.

John

Anthony Cody
06-11-2009, 02:15 AM
ETGEAR's WGR614NA Cable/DSL 54Mbps Wireless Router Gateway expands access to the Internet with great security features. This easy-to-use device with 4 wired ports and up to 16, 2.4GHz wireless clients allows up to 253 users

Jenie0109
06-11-2009, 03:19 AM
ETGEAR's WGR614NA Cable/DSL 54Mbps Wireless Router Gateway expands access to the Internet with great security features. This easy-to-use device with 4 wired ports and up to 16, 2.4GHz wireless clients allows up to 253 users

may i ask how much is that?is it expensive?

merryandlovely
06-12-2009, 03:07 AM
A router is a networking device whose software and hardware are usually tailored to the tasks of routing and forwarding information. For example, on the Internet, information is directed to various paths by routers.

rickeybojey
06-15-2009, 06:23 AM
Nowadays, more and more people as well as establishments are taking advantage of the usefulness of a router.

Jenie0109
06-16-2009, 05:25 AM
companies are really in need of routers, specially on computer budget :)

loraindeniso3
09-16-2009, 09:10 AM
A Router is a device or, in some cases, software in a computer, that determines the next network point to which a packet should be forwarded toward its destination. The router is connected to at least two networks and decides which way to send each information packet based on its current understanding of the state of the networks it is connected to....

HostEase
09-16-2009, 10:24 PM
companies are really in need of routers, specially on computer budget :)
You are right.
At the same time as for a company it is better for building LANS and sharing information.

Hosting India
09-17-2009, 04:23 AM
Now third layer Switches also exist, any idea which is better in network Router or Switch?

sajis18
10-31-2009, 02:16 AM
well ,

A router is a device or , in some cases , software in a computer , that determines the next network point to which a packet .........................

Trevor
11-07-2009, 03:00 PM
A router basically assigns an address to everything connected to it and tells it where everything is and by what rules it has to play by to communicate with anything that interacts with it. You can use the firewall in it just like a firewall on your PC to block or limit access to and from the internet or even to other pc's connected to it. At the same time, it allows multiple computers to access the internet using a single public IP address. Without a router, you would normally only get one computer per connection.

pinki
11-26-2009, 03:47 AM
A router is a device in computer networking that forwards data packets to their destinations, based on their addresses. The work a router does it called routing, which is somewhat like switching, but a router is different from a switch. The latter is simply a device to connect machines to form a LAN.

archesjames
11-26-2009, 01:51 PM
The router is connected to at least two networks and decides which way to send each information packet based on its current understanding of the state of the networks it is connected to. A router is located at any gateway (where one network meets another), including each point-of-presence on the Internet. A router is often included as part of a network switch.

wattrone
12-09-2009, 05:18 AM
General Hardware Forum Discuss, Home network. Router,hub or switch? at Computer Hardware forum; I have a pc and a notebook and i share internet with a crossover cable rj 45. If i buy another pc what is the cheapest and easy way to make my home network, so i can share internet with my cable modem.

timothy1238
12-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Now i know exactly what a router really is. thanks for the comments. I have a router at home but never knew so mush about it

~ServerPoint~
12-28-2009, 04:43 AM
Now i know exactly what a router really is. thanks for the comments. I have a router at home but never knew so mush about it

Would you mind use UCP for signature?

Tayla Green
03-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Every one know basics about router here. can you explain deep functionalities of it.

steveglenn01
03-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Hey dude, I know about router, please share what is latest series of router?
Thanks in advance.

robcortez1787
03-23-2010, 06:33 PM
how do i configure a router? I have seen steps on the net but I'm not really familiar with it. Do you guys have a simple steps on how to do it?

martinez7990
04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks for this information & sharing with us.

oldgamesware
04-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Please share here the updates on routers because I wanna know about it.

sohnclaire
04-28-2010, 04:07 AM
well almost everyone knows that..who is a internet user now a days..but for a newbee..its a device which is used to transfer data packets between lan and Wan...it helps to dial internet connection too..and make the connection wireless..if wifi is in it..

A device, transfers the data packets between networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs or a LAN and its ISP’s network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect.

Routers use headers and forwarding tables to determine the best path for forwarding the packets and they use protocols such as ICMP to communicate with each other and configure the best route between any two hosts. Very little filtering of data is done through routers.

davidemarsh01
05-05-2010, 12:34 AM
A Router is a layer 3 network device that moves data between different network segments and can look into a packet header to determine the best path for the packet to travel. Routers can connect network segments that use different protocols. They also allow all users in a network to share a single connection to the Internet or a WAN. It is used to improve network performance by:-
• segmenting the network and creating separate collision & broadcast domains.
• reducing competition for bandwidth.
• Broadcasts are not forwarded to other network segments.
• Increases security by using Access Lists.

Jerrelwilson
05-07-2010, 03:01 AM
Hello,

It is a device which transfer data between the network. In order to get the network access router is important.

Thanks,
Jerrel Wilson

Joneswilliamsc
05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
I assume that now a days we can't find a person who don't know about basic information about Router. But there is no only one typs of Router available. There are too many types of Router. You have not mention that you are talking about which router.

justinethomas28
05-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Hello

There is very nice information of Router, I was in search of some source regarding router since from many days so thanks for sharing here. Now everyone here understood easily what is router! Great post.

henderson791
05-15-2010, 05:44 AM
Router is a device that forwards data packets along networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs or a LAN and its ISP’s network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect.

---------------------------------------------------------
Sports Supplements (http://www.myprotein.co.uk)
Sports Nutrition (http://www.myprotein.co.uk)

johnnathan
05-19-2010, 06:41 AM
It was a worth to read all the stuff about router, there are many kind routers like WIFI, wireless, and many other type of routers. Their are basically two types as per my knowledge are:

Static router: In this the system administrator is defining the shortest path in the network.it has some limits as it is used in the relatively.

Dynamic router: It can define the shortest path by itself between the nodes.

I hope this will help you.

nitin705
06-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Router plays an important role in networking

islabucasgrande
06-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Router is commonly used for networking purposes. It may either be for a short distance and just involve the use of connecting cables and wires or it may be for a range detection set up.

georgeflint
06-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Hello,

Router is a device which is used to connect two or more computer together and interchange data packet between the two.

Thanks,
George Flint

colemandove
07-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Any.
They all work out of the box.
Unless you get some sort of awesome Cisco router that actually runs IOS (not linksys), you'll have to manually configure those ones by command line. That said, even the ASA's come preconfigured to work out of the box without touching them..

tomgrey
07-24-2010, 01:28 AM
A router is a device in computer networking that forwards data packets to their destinations, based on their addresses.

EloiseJoseph
07-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Router is device which provide Connectivity Between the networks.

jackmartinn55
07-29-2010, 02:17 PM
There are many types of Routers are available in the market.Routers connect two or more logical subnets. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LAN s or WANs or a LAN and its ISP’s network. Routers may be used to connect two or more IP networks, or an IP network to an internet connection.

Danielmarkwogh
08-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Router is a connection media device, When we have to connect different types of network in a WAN /LAN network So you can use this device with the benefit of good speed.

Hameshangel
08-06-2010, 06:53 AM
A device that forwards data packets along networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs or a LAN and its ISP’s network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect.

soft-industry
08-13-2010, 07:21 AM
Hello, thanks everyone. Very usefull information. If someone need to configure his router you can ask us and we will help you.

Dima1736
08-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Hey

Speaking about the best wireless routers, it's true that dual-band (5Ghz and 2.4Ghz) wireless routers give you the most options by supporting virtually any wireless client/adapter on the market. However, single-band (2.4Ghz) routers will do just fine if you don't use them in area saturated with Wi-Fi signals. On the other hand, if you still have a Wireless-G (802.11g) router, it's definitely time to upgrade to a Wireless-N router or access point. Wireless-N (Draft N 2.0) routers are now affordable and offer much better coverage as well as throughput speed, capable of streaming HD content. The routers on this page are all Draft N 2.0 routers, some of them are dual-band while the others are single-band. They are among the best we reviewed this year.

Regards

abagail678
08-18-2010, 08:20 AM
ROUTER is a hardware device, transfers the data packets between networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs or a LAN and its ISP’s network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect.

lizaa01
08-21-2010, 03:34 AM
Many types of routers available in market.I am currently having a WiFI router and its main function is to connect my computers net with my mobile.

jeofjingjeff
08-25-2010, 10:47 AM
A router operates in two operational planes:

1) Control plane: where a router builds a routing table by using either statically configured statements (called static routes) or by exchanging information with other routers in the network through a dynamical routing protocol

2) Forwarding plane: where the router actually forwards traffic called packets in IP from incoming interfaces to an outgoing interface appropriate for the destination address that the packet carries with it

choosehottubsdirect.com (http://blogchoosehottubsdirect.com/)
best google adwords (http://www.openwiki.com/ow.asp?Google+Adwords+Best+Practices)

stephenjames
08-26-2010, 05:20 PM
I am currently having a WiFI router and its main function is to connect my computers net with my mobile.Ya there are many types of routers available in market.

jeffrojas2010
09-01-2010, 11:36 PM

If you want to save money, and don't mind buying it online, try http://www.newegg.com

Otherwise, I'd say Best Buy. They have a lot of varieties and it's pretty well priced.

Schofield Bond
09-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Hello,

Router is that device through which is used to connect two or more computer and allow to communicate with each other.

Thanks
John Farris

Stephany297
09-14-2010, 12:17 PM
A router is an electronic device that interconnects two or more computer networks, and selectively interchanges packets of data between them. Each data packet contains address information that a router can use to determine if the source and destination are on the same network, or if the data packet must be transferred from one network to another. Where multiple routers are used in a large collection of interconnected networks, the routers exchange information about target system addresses, so that each router can build up a table showing the preferred paths between any two systems on the interconnected networks.

Malaysia Flights (http://www.malaysia.com/flights.html)
Kuala Lumpur Accommodation (http://www.malaysia.com/hotels.html)

yardley22
09-16-2010, 07:40 AM
A Router is a device or, in some cases, software in a computer, that determines the next network point to which a packet should be forwarded toward its destination.
__________________________________________________ __

Hotel Malaysia (http://www.malaysia.com/hotels.html)
Hotels Malaysia (http://www.malaysia.com/hotels.html)

brevedecane
09-17-2010, 03:41 AM
Router is a one type of device that forwards data packets along networks. It is connected to at least two networks, usually two LAN or WAN or LAN and its ISP network. The routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networking.

antoney
09-18-2010, 02:08 PM
A router is a networking device whose software and hardware are usually tailored to the tasks of routing and forwarding information. For example, on the Internet, information is directed to various paths by routers.

This is very true.
Which are the company do supply the best routing devices.

Jet1337
10-11-2010, 06:43 AM
what a question LOL :)

FINNEGAN.JAXON
10-21-2010, 01:18 AM
In the most general sense, a node is any addressable device on a network. But, if you were drawing a network you would normally only draw in the routers and you would call them nodes.

Mosskit
10-23-2010, 03:00 AM
Router is a device which provide connection between different networks.

zane23snider
10-28-2010, 05:02 AM
As per my information router is an electronic device that interconnects two or more computer networks,and selectively interchanges packets of data between them.

aaarwin67
11-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Routers are physical devices that join multiple wired or wireless networks together.It may provide connectivity inside enterprises, between enterprises and the Internet, and inside internet service providers.

USANA (http://www.actc.co.nz/id79.htm)

lakota6418
11-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Routers may provide connectivity inside enterprises, between enterprises and the Internet, and inside internet service providers.
__________________________________________________ _

Get Motivated Seminars (http://www.tamaralowenews.com/)

Timothy8797
11-12-2010, 04:43 AM
Router is a device that forwards data packets along networks.Router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs and its ISP’s network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect.

HostEase
11-20-2010, 01:21 PM
A router is a device that forwards data packets along networks. Routers are located at gateways,.

hostwiththemost
11-20-2010, 01:46 PM
I am wondering....is this the definition thread? O.o

On a side note, I have always discovered that you get what you pay for when it comes to routers...I go through far too many cheap ones to justify their purchase.

Daniel85479
11-24-2010, 06:49 AM
An electronic device which is used in computer networking and interconnected with a computer is popularly known as ROUTER. It determines the network of the source and destination of a computer, whether it is same or not.

minijason9
05-23-2012, 06:43 AM
One of the many tasks that a typical router can perform is bridging, or connecting two networks to perform as one. Normally this task is done in unison with the routing task, but in a network that is using a separate router, you may want to configure an additional router to act as a bridge only.

sabrinasai
05-24-2012, 01:42 AM
Yeah its true, there are lot of routers availble on net. Those who afford easily with it can perform as it is.A router is specialized computer connected to more than one network. A router runs software that allows the device to move data from one network to another. Routers operate at the network layer (OSI Model's layer 3). The primary function of a router is to connect networks together and keep certain kinds of broadcast traffic under control. There are several companies that make routers: Cisco (Linksys), Juniper, Nortel (Bay Networks), Redback, Lucent, 3Com, and HP just to name a few.

Manov
06-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Types Of router:

Edge Router

This type of router are placed at the edge of the ISP network, the are normally configured to external protocol like BGP (Border gateway protocol) to another BGP of other ISP or large organisation.

Subscriber Edge Router

This type of router belongs to an end user (enterprise) organization. It’s configured to broadcast External BGP to it’s provider’s AS(s)

Inter-provider Border Router

This type of router is for Interconnecting ISPs, this is a BGP speaking router that maintains BGP sessions with other BGP speaking routers in other providers' ASes.

Core Router

A router that resides within the middle or backbone of the LAN network rather than at its periphery. In some instances , a core router provides a stepdown backbone , interconnecting the distribution routers from multiple building of a campus ( LAN), or Large enterprise Location (WAN). They tend to be optimized for a high brandwidth.

Wired and Wireless Routers.

Home and small office networking is becoming popular by day by the use of IP wired and wireless router.Wired and wireless router are able to maintain routing and configuration information in their routing table. They also provide the service of filtering traffic of incoming and outgoing packets based on IP addresses.

james smit
06-20-2012, 05:49 AM
Good information but majority of peoples know what is router.

smith29
06-20-2012, 07:50 AM
I am very Thankful for sharing with us...

abhishekabhi
06-20-2012, 08:58 AM
hi

Router is a networking device. it is used for connectivity more than one computer.

maxypan
07-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Yes,i agree with you ,A router runs software that allows the device to move data from one network to another.

globaltileandst
07-02-2012, 02:17 AM
The router is also connected to at least two networks and basic decides which way to send every information packet based on its current understanding of the state of the networks it is also connected to. A router is also located at any gateway including each point-of-presence on the Internet. A router is most often included as part of a network switch.

maxypan
07-12-2012, 02:42 AM
A router is a device in computer networking that forwards data packets to their destinations, based on their addresses.
The work a router does it called routing, which is somewhat like switching, but a router is different from a switch. The latter is simply a device to connect machines to form a LAN.
Each router keeps information about its neighbors.
This information includes the IP address and the cost, which is in terms of time, delay and other network considerations. This information is kept in a routing table, found in all routers.

donaldbrown162
07-13-2012, 07:36 AM
A device that forwards data packets along networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs or a LAN and its ISP is network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect.

Routers use headers and forwarding tables to determine the best path for forwarding the packets, and they use protocols such as ICMP to communicate with each other and configure the best route between any two hosts.

adison
07-13-2012, 08:36 AM
It is a device that provide a path to transfer data packet to network.it has more compatibility as compared to other devices like as hub and switches.it act as a default gatewayand restrict network broadcast to lan.

henrycw
07-13-2012, 08:43 AM
A router is specialized computer connected to more than one network. A router runs software that allows the device to move data from one network to another. Routers operate at the network layer (OSI Model's layer 3). The primary function of a router is to connect networks together and keep certain kinds of broadcast traffic under control. There are several companies that make routers: Cisco (Linksys), Juniper, Nortel (Bay Networks), Redback, Lucent, 3Com, and HP just to name a few.

"A device that forwards data packets along networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs or a LAN and its ISPs network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect"

sabrinasai
07-20-2012, 08:29 AM
A router is a networking device that forwards data from one network to another. This include residential routers that also use Network Address Translation.

indiahelly
07-24-2012, 08:15 AM
A network router is a more sophisticated network device compared to either a network switch or a network hub. Like hubs and switches, routers are typically small, box-like pieces of equipment that multiple computers can connect to.
Each features a number of ports on the front or back of the unit that provide the connection points for these computers, a connection for electric power, and a number of LED lights to display device status.

Deem Host
07-31-2012, 05:17 PM
THanks man very nice sharing for router.

maxypan
08-14-2012, 01:11 AM
The work a router does it called routing, which is somewhat like switching, but a router is different from a switch.
The latter is simply a device to connect machines to form a LAN.
Each router keeps information about its neighbors other routers in the same or other networks.
This information includes the IP address and the cost, which is in terms of time, delay and other network considerations.
This information is kept in a routing table, found in all routers.

alvintspringer
08-18-2012, 06:40 AM
Router is used for the more than one networks connects. In a router runs software that allows the device to connect more switch or router or a computers are connected in a router there are wireless devices are also connect. There many company makes the router cisco, dlink, belkin, tp link.

stevetamer
08-31-2012, 05:53 PM
http://www2.configurarequipos.com/imgforos/diferencias-modem-router1-tut.gif

vikeyseo
09-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Wireless router of Belkin are so good. I have used it in ma cyber cafe.

jamsen
10-04-2012, 11:22 AM
A router is specialized computer connected to more than one network running software that allows the router to move data from one network to another. Routers operate at the network layer (OSI Model's layer 3). The primary function of a router is to connect networks together and keep certain kinds of broadcast traffic under control. There are several companies that make routers: Cisco (Linksys), Juniper, Nortel (Bay Networks), Redback, Lucent, 3Com, and HP just to name a few.

jackm
06-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Router serves an important role since it is the first line of protection from intrusion into your network. Allowing the biggest level of protection on the wireless router is the best way to keep your pc and information protected from other malicious act.

PoolrepairLV
06-25-2013, 09:17 AM
You need to make sure your router is compatible to other routers. It can be a problem.

links123
06-27-2013, 03:05 AM
Do you have good resource for router now, I need it.

alma mott
07-02-2013, 06:21 AM
A router is a device that forwards data packets between computer networks, creating an overlay internetwork as explained by wikipedia. It keeps the connection between the items mentioned.

webcreations
07-15-2013, 03:09 AM
Routers take information that arrives through your broadband signal via a modem, decipher it, and deliver it to your computer. The router will also choose the best route for the data packet so that you receive the information quickly.

seowikipedia
03-07-2014, 06:13 AM
A router is a specialized networking device connected to two or more networks running software that allows the router to move data from one network to another.

joelwalla
03-12-2014, 03:20 AM
I go through your message and it took me particularly well and I think a good deal of this material will be helpful to most people else. I have like all of you might have a smaller web page, and it builds to the style from the blog. If you should really need someone, please have a look at my web site to a bar .

praveen007
03-24-2014, 05:59 AM
A router is a device that forwards data packets between computer networks, creating an overlay internetwork.

ghsoftwares
03-27-2014, 09:59 AM
A power tool with a shaped cutter, used in carpentry for making grooves for joints, decorative mouldings, etc.

praveen007
04-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Routers connect two or more logical subnets.

samantha14
04-16-2014, 03:15 AM
Router is the connecting network device between two or more system.....

erriche
05-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks for information!

britnilinda
05-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Routers are used to divide your internet connections to other computers. They have an antenna so you can connect a laptop wirelessly and they also have lan ports. Routers have wires of course. The first wire is the wire that will go to an outlet and the second wire is your internet wire.

anbinal
06-05-2014, 05:25 AM
if you want to use 2 or more PC's at a time and connects to internet.. then you can use router

sophiapana
06-09-2014, 03:25 PM
According to me router is a device that forwards data packets between computer networks.

dkos
06-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Routers are items which connect computers to each other and to the internet as a whole. They allow the transfer of information from one computer terminal to another in the fastest way possible.

anbinal
07-02-2014, 01:58 AM
Routers connect two or more logical subnets, which do not necessarily map one-to-one to the physical interfaces of the router.

sophiapana
07-14-2014, 03:35 PM
A device that forwards data packets to the appropriate parts of a computer network.

danialrobart
07-18-2014, 07:20 AM
Definition: Routers are small physical devices that join multiple networks together. Technically, a router is a Layer 3 gateway device, meaning that it connects two or more networks and that the router operates at the network layer of the OSI model.

onlinebigboss
07-24-2014, 09:09 AM
it all are good information for me thanks for this information

drwebsites
07-24-2014, 03:14 PM
a device that forwards data packets to the appropriate parts of a computer network.

sophiapana
07-28-2014, 02:03 PM
router is a networking device, commonly specialized hardware, that forwards
data packets between computer networks.

vishalesskay
08-12-2014, 07:51 AM
A router is physical device that forward data from one network to another. A router has more capabilities than other network devices such as hub. There are used different types of routers in a large network. These are:
Brouter
Core router
Vitrual router

Bharti Mahour
08-18-2014, 04:26 AM
Yeah....a router is an Intermediate System.

Sophiacalvin
08-19-2014, 03:32 AM
Hello
Routers are small physical devices that join multiple networks jointly. Technically, a router is a Layer 3 gateway device, meaning that it connects two or more networks and that the router functions at the network layer of the OSI model.

sanjay1
08-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Router is a electronic device by which you can connect many system at a time With WIFI.

marclewis
09-02-2014, 03:29 AM
A router is a device that forwards data packets that operates at the network layer of OSI model. The device is connected with two networks such as LANs or WANs.

akashram
09-05-2014, 01:14 AM
A router is a networking device, commonly specialized hardware, that forwards data packets between computer networks. This creates an overlay internetwork, as a router is connected to two or more data lines from different networks

bobnelson
09-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Router is a network device and special hardware that forward the packet between computer networks. Router connected least two network like as Lan and Wan or Lan and ISP's.

Olin Lamanna
09-30-2014, 07:59 AM
A router connects computers to the Internet, so users can share the connection.

sanamgupta
11-10-2014, 03:45 AM
Router is a small physical device that join numerous networks together. A router is a 3 layer gateway device which means it connect to two or more networks at the same time. Home networks normally use a wireless or wired internet router. In other words, we can say that router is a mediator which is used for transferring the important information or data from one place to another.

markellis312
11-11-2014, 02:05 AM
Router has so many symbol but here which router talking about.

jameskamroon1
11-12-2014, 05:11 AM
A router is a device that forwards data packets along networks. If your wireless router or access point has the QSS (Quick Security Setup) or called WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) function and your computer with Windows 7 .

Abhijit
11-12-2014, 08:22 AM
Hi friends,
Router is networking hardware device. It is you to transfers the data packets to correct destination path.

Thank you.

Bluesky94
10-31-2016, 12:44 PM
A router[a] is a networking device that forwards data packets between computer networks. Routers perform the traffic directing functions on the Internet. A data packet is typically forwarded from one router to another through the networks that constitute the internetwork until it reaches its destination node.

davidsmith21
05-23-2018, 03:40 AM
A router is a device that analyzes the contents of data packets transmitted within a network or to another network.

jerryperes
06-04-2018, 07:20 AM
It is a electronic devices that join multiple computer networks together via either wired or wireless connections.

vinu
08-02-2019, 01:31 AM
A router is a device that analyzes the contents of data packets transmitted within a network or to another network.

harshal
08-05-2019, 01:42 AM
A router is a hardware device designed to receive, analyze and move incoming packets to another network.

raysosher
05-30-2020, 04:42 AM
It is a device by which we can wireless ly transfer inter to or phones and laptops. It is a very common device now a days. Every house has one as all of us use internet from broad band network. The most common routers are Tp link, Tenda, Netgearss etc.

juliaalan
06-12-2020, 06:22 AM
A router is a physical or virtual appliance that passes information between two or more packet-switched computer networks. A router inspects a given data packet's destination Internet Protocol address (IP address), calculates the best way for it to reach its destination and then forwards it accordingly.

Oryon Networks (http://www.oryon.net) | Singapore Web Hosting (http://www.oryon.net) | Best web hosting provider (http://www.oryon.net) | Best web hosting in SG (http://www.oryon.net) | Oryon india (http://www.oryon.co.in) | Best hosting in India (http://www.oryon.co.in) |Web hosting in India (http://www.oryon.co.in) | Oryon SG (https://blog.oryon.net/)

manoharparakh
06-16-2020, 12:06 AM
Router is a device which directs the packets or data to their destination.

For example:

There is a wifi(a router) and 5 devices are connected to it. Now,first device request the google.com and second request facebook.com and same way others too. So the respective servers will send their data. The data will reach at router and from there it is directed to the the devices.

Second example(analogy):

Suppose you are data and you want to reach my home and you have my address. So you reached my society but you dont know where my house is. You saw the gatekeeper of my society and asked him where the particular house no is located. And he directs you to my house. Hence you reached my house. Here gatekeeper acted as router.

yuva12
09-11-2020, 09:09 AM
An example of a router is a mail carrier. An example of a router is a woodworking tool. An example of a router is computer hardware that transfers Internet messages to a laptop in another room; a wireless router.

jesica
09-27-2020, 03:19 AM
Routers can also provide security. Embedded firewall and content filtering software provide an additional protection from unwanted content and malicious websites without affecting your online experience.

chrisbarett
10-08-2020, 12:16 PM
The router is exactly the thing that gives the Internet. I was looking for a good option the other day so that it would serve me not just for one day but for a long enough amount of time. That is why I searched the Internet for articles that would indicate the best gaming routers (https://router-network.com/review/best-wifi-routers-gaming-2020). I was lucky to find exactly the model that is high-quality, good and powerful enough for my games to load quickly. If you are also on the search I think it will be useful for you to read this article and choose the best option

jesica
10-12-2020, 07:48 AM
A router is a networking device that forwards data packets between computer networks. Routers perform the traffic directing functions on the Internet. Data sent through the internet, such as a web page or email, is in the form of data packets.

alfread
10-12-2020, 11:16 AM
dear friend,
routers share data over cables and create wired local area networks (LAN), while wireless routers use antennas to share data and create wireless local area networks (WLAN). This is a wireless router that distributes data packets between one or more networks but not within a network.

mujdey
11-05-2020, 03:25 AM
I'd say in simple words that a router is a wireless device that distributes the internet allows you to use the network on any gadgets. Indeed, those old models are not as advanced as modern ones, and often because of a weak signal of the router, there may be problems with the connection with the network at certain spaces in your house. I also changed my router for a new one. Honestly, the difference is great. You can also see the information about Best OpenWRT Router 2020 – Reviews and Comparison (https://www.palmgear.com/best-openwrt-router-reviews/)on the internet. There are many useful advice that can help you.

Saravanan28
11-05-2020, 04:25 AM
A router is a networking device that forwards data packets between computer networks. Routers perform the traffic directing functions on the Internet. Data sent through the internet, such as a web page or email, is in the form of data packets.

Kroinfin
10-20-2021, 12:11 PM
The router is the device that gives all of us the ability to write on this forum. Internet in our time is of great importance because many people are looking for information and entertainment and making money with the help of the World Wide Web. But each router has its features and capabilities, such as internet speed or bandwidth. If your current Wi-Fi signal level isn't enough for you and you need increased coverage, consider setting up your router through https://192-168-1-1ip.mobi/. That will significantly improve the performance of your home hotspot. I hope you understand all that I have written to you.

shamu424
10-26-2021, 03:28 AM
A router is a switching device for networks, which is able to route network packets, based on their addresses, to other networks or devices. Among other things, they are used for Internet access, for coupling networks or for connecting branch offices to a central office via VPN (Virtual Private Network).

kristina001
12-13-2021, 03:22 AM
A router is a box that lets all of your wired and wireless devices use that Internet connection at once and also allows them to talk to one another without having to do so over the Internet. ... We recommend using a separate modem and router, if you can.

Dazzle
03-29-2022, 01:58 AM
A power tool with a shaped cutter, used in carpentry for making grooves for joints, decorative mouldings, etc.