PDA

View Full Version : Anyexperiencews on these resellers

sambkk
08-03-2006, 04:33 AM
I have been with blue who.
while they are friendly and ok, there were some issues with my customers emails getting lost and what not, they informed me that they are switching their suppliers etc..
Well they arent the cheapest so I will make a change myself soon.
I domnt really have anything bad to say about them as they were supportive.
But I am considering one these, if anyone has anyexperiences I would appreciate comments.

hostgator.com

hostforweb.com

servage.net

allreseller.com

dts-net.com

out of these I think gator is my top choice right now, but since I know nothing about them aprsat from what I have sen on their website I would very much appreciate comments.
thanks
Sami

NS-Icon
08-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Not sure on most of the hosts you have listed, but hostgator.com do oversell and have been known to have some problems with slow server responses etc, you may want to Google 'HostGator.com reviews' to see what that reveals along with a search on HostSearch.com.

Usually its best to carry out such an investigation on each host you wish to host with, this way you will have a good idea on their service in the past with other users.

For a reliable service, try to avoid hosts which oversell as this results in crowded servers, poor speed / performance and lack of reliability, if a host offers 200GB bandwidth at a shared hosting level price, they are most likely to be overselling, if unsure, drop another post with the name of the host and we can check for you.

Best of luck.

sambkk
08-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Dear NS-Icon
thanks for the reply. That was valid advice.
Sami

NS-Icon
08-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Not a problem, get in touch if you need any further help.

Martie
08-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Hi sambkk,
You might try checking through the hostsearch reviews area and see if any feedback results on these companies:
Web Hosting Database Search:
Type the name (or part of the name) of the web hosting company you are looking for in the space provided below and 'submit'.
www.hostsearch.com/reviews.asp

You could also check for feedback at webhostingtalk.com
If there is BAD news to report on a company then you will surely find it there.

Good Luck. I would suggest sending some pre-sales emails to those on your list and see how well they respond to any questions you might have.