PDA

View Full Version : Endurance takeover ruins Powweb

ludwigb
09-02-2006, 08:38 PM
I have been with Powweb for 3 years. They provided a number of services for a very reasonable price. They weren't always as reliable as I would have liked since they seemed to go down from DDOS attacks a little too often. But on the whole I liked them. Their forum was especially good with many knowledgeable contributors.

Unfortunately, they have been bought by a holding company called Endurance that is in the business of buying up hosting services and conglomerating them into one network. The people at the top are only interested in the bottom line and seem to be uninterested in customer service. During the migration of Powweb accounts to the servers at Endurance there were innumerable problems. Just read the Powweb forum. Of course many complaints were removed by the heavy-handed forum moderators but there are still a mountain of them. Endurance seems to have been ill-preapared for the migration and unable to cope with many of the common content management and commercial packages that the old Powweb handled nicely. Right now Endurance seems to have a backbome problem as well. The customer service is a laugh (except when you're crying).

I could go on but enough said. I'm looking for a new host. The bottom line- Avoid Powweb or any hosting service that Endurance has taken over.

Martie
09-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Thats unfortunate for a long time client to have to go through.
Seems to be many hosting co. selling out these days.

There is no shortage of web hosts, thats for sure. You will probably become really overwhelmed real quickly when looking. Just be sure to research potential hosts and send those pre-sales emails off to inquire about their services BEFORE you sign up anywhere.
Good Luck.

TomH
09-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Yah, that's too bad... :-(

I've had some good experiences with HostGator, though. Accuburst has also been a very good choice. You thinking about moving? I can give you some pointers!