PDA

View Full Version : What made you choose your present host company?

priyanka
09-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Hi guys,
Just wondering, how did you come across your web host? On what criteria was your selection based?

dacsoft
09-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by priyanka
Hi guys,
Just wondering, how did you come across your web host? On what criteria was your selection based? I would like to know the answer to this question also. When I was purchasing personal sites, I used to go for the lowest price that had what I needed. I eventually learned that you need to consider other things as well.

But now I would like to know what others are looking for.

raustin
09-21-2004, 04:15 PM
we chose our host based upon price and their compatability with coldfusion... It's tough to find a good host that allows re-selling and coldfusion support.

bobcares.com
09-22-2004, 07:07 AM
We were looking at datacenters which used good bandwidth. Those who gave us uptime guarantees and those who gave us a serial port console access as well as a remote reboot facility.

Regards
Amar

priyanka
09-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Hi guys,
Thanks for the information.

hostonfire.com
11-17-2004, 04:06 AM
The most important thing for me is support. If they provide a crappy support team and it takes ages for me to get the answers I need, then it is goodbye. Another plus thing will be the flexibility. If they allow me to easily expand or upgrade my existing hosting plans.

I have went through so many hosting companies both as a customer and reseller. I currently am happy with my service provider because it provides all of the above.

centos
11-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi,

My clients prefer better support and I think that is very much needed for a webhosting company. My answer will be "Prompt Technical Support".

dchman
11-17-2004, 01:49 PM
I would say reliability.

NS-Icon
11-20-2004, 10:57 PM
I don’t actually host with another company as I provide website hosting so it wouldn’t quite make sense to do so

However, most users make decisions on the some of the following reasons:

1) Past feedback on the hosting company in question.
2) Reliability of their servers and services, basically good past uptime
3) Excellent technical support and are able to assist with technical questions
4) Are able to provide basic guidance and feedback on your website/company, not only answers to support issues
5) Hosting package features
6) The speed at which the support tickets are answered.
7) Friendly staff, who are able to provide clear in depth support answers, and are able to translate effectively into layman’s terms for those who are not so technically understanding

I think some of the above are things are most likely considered when a user chooses a hosting provider, other users here on DH (DiscussHosting) may also provide you with other reasons that can be added to the above list. :p

newman9800
03-15-2010, 12:49 AM
I would like to know the answer to this question also. When I was purchasing personal sites,

Damiana
03-15-2010, 04:12 PM
I had a reseller account with a company that... Down time was more than uptime, crap support etc. So, I got my first dedicated so that I was in control, learned the ropes, and the rest is history!

expo09
03-18-2010, 07:42 AM
One of the most important things for me is to read other people's experiences. Of course some will be good and some bad, but it gives you a good average of what they will be like. Obviously they have to fit in with your requirements.

grimlins
05-13-2010, 03:54 AM
As for me I prefer to visit forums and ask about this or that web hosting company.
Usually web masters tell the truth.
That's thew way of finding stable companies aтв serverpoint is one of them.

~ServerPoint~
05-13-2010, 04:12 AM
I got the hosting here http://www.tucktail.com/ It provides domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc...

So if they offer all in one solutions you believe they are the best?