PDA

View Full Version : 2 for 1 Hosting Possible?

LittleOldAnt
09-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Ok, I apologize in advance if this sounds like a stupid question, but out of curiosity...

I am currently hosted with a fairly big company now, and I'm thinking of switching over to another hosting company. BUT... although I hate the client support my current company offers, I do like a few of their other amenities for website promotion and such.

So what would happen if I left both companies nameserver addresses (old and new) listed in my domain name registrar info? i.e. - instead of deleting the old comany's nameserver info once redelegation occured, I would just leave it there as a back-up of sorts.

Is this possible, would I mess up anything by having more than one company's nameserver listed with my registrar longterm?

Just Curious.

SecureServerTec
09-13-2006, 03:33 AM
eh, you have to explain that a lil better, If your moving the domain you will have to replace the nameservers

LittleOldAnt
09-13-2006, 02:23 PM
For changing over DNS purposes the registrar allows you to list more than 1 nameserver entry (in my case the registrar allows up to 8 namserver entries).

Normally to minimize downtime, when I change over I list both hosting site's nameservers, and then remove the old host company AFTER propagation is complete.

Only this time I want to leave both companies listed with the resgistrar is all. Anyone know what will happen if I do that?

ASP-Hosting.ca
09-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Just switch the DNS to the new host and keep the old accounts up for at least a week and there will be no downtime...

loon
09-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Just switch the DNS to the new host and keep the old accounts up for at least a week and there will be no downtime...

agree... i have a good source for you to refer on.

http://resources.webhostforasp.net/templates/?a=5&z=1

hope this help;)