PDA

View Full Version : freeservers.com - stay away !

grigorius
10-27-2006, 06:00 PM
My father had free hosting with freeservers, in 2001 he decided to pay for the most basic pack that includes 50 mb and no ads. About the service itself there are no complaints, everything that he needed worked well, but his site is plain HTML. However the financial part is what I'm trying to warn you about.
In 2006 I grew up to discover and clean all the mess: since the beginning (2001) they took of $5/month instead of $3. Now at 2006 they started to take $6/month. Just like that, without any notice and explanation.
This time he mailed them asking for explanation, however all they wrote back was "we do not disclose financial information by mail". Later I looked for other reviews of freeservers and it occurs that it's their auto-responce to any financial question or request :-\
Since he pays by VISA, he can't do anything against this fraud, and now we'll have to cancel his VISA card so these freeserers scammers won't be able to charge him again >:-(]
Now in addition to cancelling the VISA card he tried to just close the account at freeservers, but the only responce he got was "For protection to all our customers, your request cannot be made via email" and a phone number. I read in a review by some guy that they do it on purpose and never answer the phone. The number is 1801-437-6000, I'm not gonna try because I'm not from US.

Bottom line: Stay away, or use the free account with banners !

MXHUB
10-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Good that you discover this earlier. I suggest move out immediately and forget about them.

All the best for your new hosting.