PDA

View Full Version : advice

Guy
11-11-2006, 02:49 PM
I simply would like to find a company with which to replace the miscellany of companies, in the US and UK, to which I am paying what seem quite high fees for web hosting and domain registration - a company that could painlessly take over all of these things, that is in the UK so that I could talk with them on the phone (preferably toll-free), that could also help me set up shopping-cart technology on my sites, etc. As you can probably tell I'm fairly ignorant about all this; I mainly want to get on writing my books and painting my paintings and having the internet stuff go smoothly and transparently. I've found the reviews of 1and1.com etc. on Hostsearch fairly confusing themselves.

Any suggestions? If it's allowed, I'd hope these could come directly to me at
guy@universalworkshop.com

My main website is www.universalworkshop.com

Martie
11-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Hi Guy,
This probably should have been posted in the requests forum.

I think you would be better off if you can pick a few hosts and send them some pre-sales emails.

Do you specifically want a host located in the UK? The reason I ask is alot of hosts may have their sales office in the UK but have their servers located in the US.

It sounds like you are looking for a webhost that will also do some site maintenance for you too. This would be good to ask about before signing up somewhere.
The market has really become totally saturated so choose your provider carefully. There are alot of here today gone tomorrow hosts out there.