PDA

View Full Version : NetMart

raustin
09-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Anyone heard of these guys? http://www3.netmart.com/

We are currently hosting through them, as we were burned by a company called 'Whizhost'.

Thought I would seek out any horror stories...

Thanks.

1PlanHost
09-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Haven't heard of them but it looks like they need to update the news section on their homepage. It still says September 1 - enjoy the long weekend!

Another very odd thing is their whois record

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 20-Aug-2003.
Record expires on 17-Nov-2004.
Record created on 18-Nov-1994.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.RENT-A-WEB.COM 209.82.4.2
NS2.RENT-A-WEB.COM 209.82.3.9
NS.NETMART.COM 209.82.3.8

Take a close look at that "record created on" date! 18-Nov-1994 hasn't even arrived yet! How did that happen? I am assuming that the domain has been transfered from another registrar and that is why the date is odd but in my 9 years of checking whois I have yet to see a domain created AFTER it's expiration date such as this. Very odd indeed.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

dacsoft
09-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by 1PlanHost
Take a close look at that "record created on" date! 18-Nov-1994 hasn't even arrived yet! How did that happen? I am assuming that the domain has been transfered from another registrar and that is why the date is odd but in my 9 years of checking whois I have yet to see a domain created AFTER it's expiration date such as this. Very odd indeed.

1PlanHost, check it again... Nov 1994 is 10 years ago.

raustin
09-21-2004, 03:06 PM
This is true, for the mathmatically challenged. Other than their who-is record, any thoughts?

NS-Icon
09-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Nope, I havent heard from such a company before myself either.

Do keep us informed and let us know if the service they provide is reliable. Im sorry to hear you where burned by your last host.

pecno
09-21-2004, 04:11 PM
I have had several accounts with them for some 5 years. Never had a problem. Their servers been down maybe 3 times during that period and usually for 1 day or less. Everytime I called the Indian guy told me it wuz maintenance so I have no reason to doubt em. Good service all around.

raustin
09-21-2004, 04:12 PM
good to know; thanks.

peter
12-15-2005, 06:31 PM
NETMART
We hosted with Netmart for a year. We planned to run a project management site on one of their Cold Fusion Servers but their server kept hanging up and not working ...so we could not access our web based project management system so we could not use it as the hosting for us was just too unstable and too unreliable for such a key site.

On a number of occasions when we needed to access impotratnt information immediately the site was down due to the server which was very very very annoying

Finally when the first year of hosting was during 2004 we emailed them to cancel it and though no more of it....

Then checking my credit card statements last week saw that they had taken two further payments over subsequent two years totalling about $340

I emailed them with a copy of the email to cancel the hosting which was sent to their billing department . Their response was gobsmacking in that they replied that in their small print it says that they will only cancel if they have written instruction recieved by post and fax etc.

For one thing this is obviously ridiculous for companies overseas to be sending postal cancelations to Canada, and secondly they said they sent us an email advising us of this which we never received.

I have again complained to them but from their poor customer response it seems that their aim is to get people to sign up online and then make it very difficult to stop. This and our poor experience of their Cold Fusion server performance leaves me to think that I woudl be inclined to go for a better server host.
Since this distasterous experience with Netmart and their type of unhelpful "get 'em in and make it difficult to go" service which is absurd combined with hiding behind small print to keep getting money for nothing we then changed to EV1 servers.

With EV1 servers we have found them to be briliant so far , have now have three dedicated EV1 servers and they are superb with everything able to be done ordered and cancelled over the internet plus w have found it more reliable

I have in the meantime written to netmart asking for a refund of the money they have debited my credit cards for over last two years and am putting in a formal compalint to VISA and will let you kow how I get on. My personal guess is that Netmart is maybe a person in a bedrooom who is a reseller and with Christmas coming up expect them to do everthing they can to cling on to the money I they have taken from my credit card since i cancelled it ...but who knows maybe they are a big company and will refund the money they took each year since i cancelled our hosting. Personally I think that any company who does not have an online secure way of changing and cancelling annual standing orders is to be avoided as they seem to not care if they privide a poor service

Raider
12-17-2005, 09:46 PM
No I have not.

IceBlueHost
12-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Peter, that's pretty shocking!
I hope you will see your money back.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

1PlanHost
12-19-2005, 11:00 AM
1PlanHost, check it again... Nov 1994 is 10 years ago.

Oops! you are absolutely right! My bad calculation. Must be my 44 year old eyes playing tricks on me. Thought that was odd.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

peace4theapes
01-27-2006, 03:14 PM
I am with you Peter. I should have looked into these forums before I signed up with NetMart. I have faced a similar issue. I signed up with Netmart for a year's hosting on Coldfusion. I couldn't get my application running smoothly, it was running faster on my desktop than on the Netmart servers.

Hence, I sent them an email for the account cancellation, which obvioulsy they didn't respond to as they do it only if it is requested by fax or postal mail. I sent them a fax to cancel my account, which they did with a big fuss - replying my emails with single lines "you cannot create aliases, we do that for you", "we have to go through the paper work to cancel your account" ... They just put down my site just as it came up and after that there was no response from them in any kind. I kept sending them emails to refund my money but got neither replies nor my money. I haven't got my money back yet, on which I had given up. But, suddenly one morning I recieve a call on my cell phone and I find myself talking to this guy with an accent. He asked me of my nationality to which I responed. He started calling me names, using obscene language and then cursing my nationality and hung up. I called back the same number and guess where I am connected to - "Welcome to Netmart, all our reps are busy or you contacted us after office hours.....". I got so mad I had to call them back and leave similar messages. I called up my credit card company and asked them not to entertain any transactions from them and to look into my refund as I haven't gotten my service. To everybody looking for hosts out there : PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER NETMART, THEY ARE A FRAUD. They are located in Canada but act to be in Florida, I got my call from a number in Quebec.

And hey, I have a hunch (just a hunch) that they tried to break into my email account from which I was sending out emails to them. I cannot log into my account and my account has been disabled for "abnormal usage". I hope to get out of this crap soon and get my site up. I am waiting for them to refund my money, but have given up on it. Anyway I hope people look into this before they decide to do business with Netmart to save themselves from getting into this bull****.

Netmart is a fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHIhost-Terry
01-27-2006, 09:21 PM
I am with you Peter. I should have looked into these forums before I signed up with NetMart. I have faced a similar issue. I signed up with Netmart for a year's hosting on Coldfusion. I couldn't get my application running smoothly, it was running faster on my desktop than on the Netmart servers.
What control panel do they use? Was it Plesk, Helm, etc?

raustin
02-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Netmart sucks... frequent down time, slow server, poor support, and over priced. AVOID THIS HOST.

saul74
04-17-2006, 04:33 PM
We are customer from Netmart and 2 week a go, we have problems with the mail service.
Since that date, we dont have any response from them and we can not change our domain to other host because they have the user name and password for DNS.
Thay dont respond to mail and phone calls.
We have several problems with my users and I dont know haw can solve it.
Do you have idea what can we do?

Unregistered
08-17-2006, 10:13 AM
This company should be shut down and the employees arrested for fraud and extortion.