PDA

View Full Version : LiveHost.net and GotoNames.com

Sam Hobbs
12-05-2006, 12:58 AM
About a year ago, this web site rated LiveHost.net as the "#1 top rated host of all time". I haved used it for nearly three years.

LiveHost.net and the related site GotoNames.com has changed management recently. I am now getting very poor support from GotoNames.com; actually, the support tickets I created about November 20 have gotten no response. Is anyone else having problems with them?

I am a new user of these forums. I came here to ask about LiveHost.net and GotoNames.com and ask if others are having problems. Is this the appropriate forum? Is it appropriate for me to ask the questions I asked above?

I probably should post a more detailed question about the specific problem I am having with GotoNames.com concerning the renewal of a domain name. Should I post that in this forum?

Alcatrazz
12-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Sorry, I didn't get what are the actual relations between LiveHost.net and GotoNames.com?

Sam Hobbs
12-05-2006, 05:10 AM
Note that I asked "Is anyone else having problems with them?". Since you are unfamiliar with them, I assume you are not having problems with them.

Can you be more specific about what you need to know? Since you are unfamiliar with them, it would be too complicated to explain everything. I am hoping to get comments from people familiar with them.

NS-Icon
12-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Sam,

Can you please provide your domain name hosted with LiveHost.net please?

Sam Hobbs
12-05-2006, 06:23 PM
I am a little reluctant to provide the domain name hosted with LiveHost.net. I hope they won't be upset with me for posting this. If they intend to provide as good severvice as the previous management, then they don't need to be concerned. If they are going to provide the type of service that I am getting from GotoNames.com, then it is likely they are more likely to provide worse service for me than try to improve.

Can you understand my concern?

NS-Icon
12-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi Sam,

I am requesting your domain name to ensure you are in no way self-advertising on this thread. If you do not wish to disclose your domain name publicly you can do so via PM.

Thanks,

Sam Hobbs
12-05-2006, 08:44 PM
It is certainly reasonable that you ensure that posts are valid and such.

The main site that I use LiveHost.net for is in my profile.

About an hour or two ago, I finally received responses to help requests I submitted to GoToNames.com. I have not looked at them but at least I got something. I hope that the comments I have made here are reasonable.

NS-Icon
12-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks for that. You can post your domain related thread in the general webhosting forum.

MXHUB
12-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi sam,

I hope you get your problem solved soon. Good luck to you.

alemcherry
12-07-2006, 07:08 AM
Sam, just an advice - it is always better to go with some trusted - reputed companies for domain registration. If possible, transfer your domains to something like godaddy. Just my 2 cents :)