PDA

View Full Version : Type of domain?

smith29
06-06-2012, 07:45 AM
how many type of domain?

firstname
06-07-2012, 08:34 AM
You have to try this (http://www.google.com.pk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Type+of+domain%3F)
I hope it will help you.

Faustine
06-07-2012, 08:40 AM
It can be categories in many ways

local domain names
international domain names

numeric domains
alpha domains
alpha numeric domains

JerrickYeoh
06-21-2012, 12:17 AM
there are 280 types of domain extension in global . But after came in with gTLD domain extension , it will be more .
or you also can categories it as
a)subdomains
b)top-level domains
c)generic top-level domains
d)country code top-level domains

biber
06-22-2012, 03:26 AM
Lot of thank for sharing info of domain. I Like this forum.

locke815
06-22-2012, 04:07 AM
There's mainly Top Level Domains, Generic Top Level Domains, and Country Code Top Level Domain Names

memoonamike
06-29-2012, 03:19 AM
There are the three types of the domains.

Addon Domains

Parked Domains

Sub domains

jamsen
09-24-2012, 11:03 AM
There are many different types domain names. Say you chose "mysite" as your name, you then have the option of registering mysite.com, mysite.net, mysite.org, mysite.us, mysite.biz, mysite.cc, and many more lesser known extensions.

anusha
09-25-2012, 03:33 AM
These are the types ofDomain names:
Generic Top-Level
Country Code Top-Level
Sponsored Versus Unsponsored
New.net

annahussy
09-27-2012, 02:00 AM
According to me there are four types of domain name use for website to serve on the internet. Generic Top-Level, Country Code Top-Level, Sponsored Vs Unsponsored, New.net. Domain name is the most important part of any kind of website.

Allison7
09-27-2012, 08:52 AM
.co.uk – the standard UK domain name suffix
.com – the most popular domain suffix. Although originally intended for UK commercial organisations, now used universally.
.org – organisational domain suffix, global.
.net – originally intended for network related companies (short for ‘network’), but now used generally.
.org.uk – originally intended for non commercial organisations such as charities but now available for general use.
.plc.uk - used for UK public limited companies.
. info – a new domain suffix, intended for sites that provide information. It is one of the most successful newer domains with 4million .info names registered by March 2007.
.me.uk – individual domain name suffix.
ltd.uk – used for UK limited companies.
.biz – a shortened version of ‘businesses used for general information and business sites.
.tv - short for ‘television’ - often used by broadcasters.
.eu - European Union suffix.
.mobi - For sites delivering services to mobile devices