PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Server or Dedicated server?

Peligino
08-27-2012, 06:03 AM
i'd like to consult with some experts towards the choice of hosting solutions.
What is the difference between Cloud and Dedicated servers?
Thinking to deal with wansecurity.net (cloud servers) or newhost.ro (dedicated servers).
My requirements are: 450GB space and 4000GB bandwidth.

What host and server would you choose? why?

Bull
08-31-2012, 05:17 AM
If I were you, I'd better choose newhost.ro because I know it is reliable web host.
They offer 99.99% uptime guarantee, zero packet loss and 100% content delivery to your visitors.
You can rely on them.

thewebhostingdi
08-31-2012, 11:35 AM

According to your requirements I will suggest you to choose Dedicated Server.

The main reason for choosing Dedicated Server is that, dedicated server hosting provide its users with dedicated resources, such as hard disk space and bandwidth. These resources are exclusively meant for a single user and are not shared with others. Dedicated servers provide its user with total control over the system. The user also has the ability to change the underlying software applications and programs as per his needs.

Another vital feature of dedicated servers is that they are known to be highly secure

If you are looking for a decent dedicated provider, have a look at AccuWebHosting.

Webhosting11
09-03-2012, 02:16 AM
Dedicated services allow you to host your site and only your site on one server. Dedicated hosting is simply a server located in a data center somewhere in which you have complete control over you can choose www.webhostings.in is best for dedicated server and they are offering 99.99% uptime guarantee.

andyowen22
09-03-2012, 08:22 AM
SingleHop offers two types of Cloud Computing. The first, known as the SingleHop Public Cloud, offers a wide range of cloud server hosting resources that can be scaled instantly in a shared, multi-tenant environment. The second, known as Private Cloud, allows you to build custom, private Cloud servers that only your organization can access. Both computing services offer unique advantages.

Building a Private Cloud out of dedicated cloud server resources offers the ability scale up and down, also, however the range is limited to the cloud server hosting resources allocated to that particular Private Cloud. You may quickly allocate new cloud server hosting resources to enable further scaling by physically upgrading the dedicated server hardware that powers the Private Cloud Servers.

annahussy
09-04-2012, 02:21 AM
I think you have to choose dedicated hosting service compare of cloud hosting service because its better than others. It is server that not allow you to share the server with others so you can use a good space of the server. It is provide many good service such as unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage space, good technical support etc.

ThatGuy
09-06-2012, 03:45 AM
I think you should look for reviews on suggested hosts. As I know newpush.com is providing quality services with high stability and scalable cloud solutions, you won't regret.

ewebmaster
09-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Thinking to deal with wansecurity.net (cloud servers) or newhost.ro (dedicated servers).

In Cloud hosting, It provides us with server clustering i.e. the resources are spread across more than one web server, and are rendered as per need.It also allows us to manage peak loads easily, without facing any bandwidth issues.
A dedicated server is a type of Internet hosting in which the client leases an entire server not shared with anyone else.
You can checkout offers and features of cloudclaim.com,I am really satisfied with their services.

Corrazon
09-10-2012, 04:26 AM
No doubts Newpush.com will meet any webmasters demand with their experienced support, featured solutions and fast stable servers offered for low-cost prices.

James-A
09-11-2012, 02:46 AM

One basic difference between the two is : Dedicated Server - A single machine dedicated to yourself where no one is allowed to share the hardware nor resources unless you permit so.
Cloud Server - It's a cluster of dedicated servers connected in a network, a shared environment with virtually unlimited resources.

So, if you have a website that experiences constant spike in traffic or you cannot compromise on uptime, then Cloud is something that you should look forward to.
The other way around, if you need dedicated resources and runs a couple of scripts that are likely to conflict with the others hosted on a shared environment, then Dedicated is something which can be considered.

paullopez
09-11-2012, 03:46 PM
To OP,

Cloud is a cluster of servers that to the end user just looks like one server, which is useful because it makes it easier for people to scale their hosting account up or down as they need to do. Dedicated server is single physical server with the fixed amount of resource. You can also customize your server according to your needs.

In my opinion Cloud server would be a better option for you if your main concern issue is the sudden increase or decrease of resource requirements. If no, then dedicated server need to be considered.

Adam001
09-13-2012, 04:44 AM
Having compared both web hosts, I suppose that dedicated servers (http://newhost.ro/en/dedicated-servers/) from newhost.ro will be reasonable choice.
I have found them to be the best host for support, advice, and pricing out of several hosts I have ever seen before.
You will be pleased I think.

expo09
09-13-2012, 06:33 AM
There are a number of arguments for each of these options. Dedicated hosting may be more secure but cloud hosting has the benefit of being able to cope with high traffic levels without having to pay for it on a continuous basis. It's hard to know which would be preferable without having more information regarding your requirements. Do you expect steady traffic levels at all times, or large fluctuations?

Snoopy
09-14-2012, 04:51 AM
I've done research and can say that using Newpush (http://newpush.com/) to get cloud servers is the best idea for any webmaster who is looking for reliable solutions, you won't regret of using them.

jamsen
09-18-2012, 08:09 PM
The time for traditional dedicated server has passed. New revolutionary server virtualization and cloud computing technologies deliver Cloud Servers that perform and behave exactly like a dedicated server. However, cloud servers are more reliable, scalable, offer more management features, and simply cost less.

Watsonjenkin
09-19-2012, 08:32 AM
I choose the cloud servers because that have huge space and have great bandwidth. And that have great features like security, control panel and ease of use.

charcoal
09-20-2012, 03:49 AM
Why do you still hesitate? AS I see Newpush.com will fit your needs. Many webmasters from all over the world are satisfied with their performance, stability and competitive prices.

ahsanabrar
10-18-2012, 09:58 AM
cloud hosting is best and it is also give unlimited storage and bandwidth..i like cloud hosting

Glow
11-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Think that rightservers.com (http://rightservers.com/) would be the best choice for you.
This host treats its clients with great care and maybe for this reason they have grown that much for such a short period.
Recommended 100%...

marclewis
07-25-2014, 05:30 AM
When a single computer in a network reserved for serving the needs of the network is known as dedicated server. It is a type of hosting on internet in which the clients leases an entire or not shared with anyone else.

kaufenpreis
07-25-2014, 09:10 AM
as for me dedicated servers are more reliable as you have more control over them, although they can be more expensive. I don’t mind new technologies at all. For example, I am trying to use popular monitoring tool e.g Anturis to see how my servers and network works, but I am still in doubts about cloud servers.

johnmartin
07-31-2014, 05:55 AM
The choice of web hosting depends and varies from person to person. If we compare in between cloud server and dedicated server, then we will see that both these web hosting techniques have advantages and disadvantages.

Big scale organizations which concentrate on business website, requires huge space to store their data and to expand the website as well. Enterprises also seek for the security and they get the same from a dedicated web hosting.

These days, companies and SME’s which focus on new services and technological help, generally go for cloud server hosting.

Finally, the choices for hosting depend on the affordability.

James9vs
08-16-2014, 07:41 PM
If you need reliable hosting so you can try newhost . dedicated server is a independent solution where you can host many sites and control with one control panel.

Olin Lamanna
08-29-2014, 12:10 AM
I'd go for cloud server. This has high potential of becoming the sole solution of data storage and hosting in near future.

Pravin
09-05-2014, 06:33 AM
There are a couple of benefits with cloud (https://www.esds.co.in/enlight-cloud-hosting.php) when it is compared with dedicated hosting. The first thing is that, you don't need to compromise on availability, only pay for resources used, and can configure the resources as per requirement.

EugeneAlvarado
10-29-2014, 03:19 AM
Cloud server is actually a virtual real-time environment that is hosted by multiple connected servers all at once. A dedicated server is about choosing your own server to store the database. A dedicated server is more safer and offers better performance because the connections are direct.

ivankent
11-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Cloud Server or Dedicated Server..but i think dedicated server is very important...beacuse of having a good features and functionality..Thanks for sharing the information...

crushmymugshot1
11-17-2014, 07:19 AM
There’s much debate between Cloud Servers vs physical Servers. To decide which option is right, it’s key to understand the basic differences, as well as similarities, and how each can best serve your needs.

crushmymugshot1
12-02-2014, 06:20 AM
When determining the right server configurations for your hosting needs, it’s important to identify what you are looking to get out of your hosting services. For example, let’s say you have a specific constant high-load scenario. In this case, the dedicated resources of a physical server will be ideal to handle this load.

EugeneAlvarado
12-12-2014, 03:36 AM
Cloud server is the best in my opinion, it gives several benefits like Improve accessibility, Monitor projects more effectively, Improve flexibility, Achieve economies of scale, Reduce spending on technology infrastructure, Globalize your workforce on the cheap etc.

kltranslation11
12-15-2014, 12:46 AM
The Cloud Managed Infrastructure service level includes support of datacenter environment, host server hardware, and Internet connectivity only.

SerinaMAhren
03-19-2015, 03:38 AM
Dedicated services allow you to host your site and only your site on one server. Dedicated hosting is simply a server located in a data center somewhere in which you have complete control over you can choose www.webhostings.in is best for dedicated server and they are offering 99.99% uptime guarantee.

Yeah, I agree with you.

adampiterson26
03-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Both are good depend on your requirement, But I suggest Cloud Server Hosting (http://www.cloudoye.com/cloud-server-hosting-plan) because its secure and affordable for small, medium and regular
business owners.

sanamgupta
04-04-2015, 01:01 AM
cloud servers are a great option for businesses that need to optimise IT performance without the huge costs associated with purchasing and managing a fully dedicated infrastructure. for this reason they are a popular choice for small and mid-sized businesses. cloud servers can be configured to provide a similar level of performance, security and control of a dedicated server.

Dedicated servers is a physical server that is purchased or rented entirely for your own business needs, making it a great solution for large businesses, those that for regulatory reasons require exceptionally high levels of data security.

Wilma Mathis
06-09-2015, 10:23 AM
Well, It's just a matter of mind some simple things about hosting. I always prefer cloud hosting from poweruphosting. They are provide featured plans and 24/7 support. Affordable and stability is also high.

JohnBWynkoop
06-20-2015, 01:21 AM
These are a great option for businesses that need to optimise IT performance without the huge costs associated with purchasing and managing a fully dedicated infrastructure.

vishalesskay
07-10-2015, 04:03 AM
Cloud server has a large cluster of resources which provide large RAM , processiong power and storage IOPs.
Dedicated server specified resource limit based on the literal hardware installed and configured on the server.

sigmaseo
09-16-2015, 11:37 PM
These resources are exclusively meant for a single user and are not shared with others. Dedicated servers provide its user with total control over the system. The user also has the ability to change the underlying software applications and programs as per his needs.

alicemaris558
03-04-2016, 04:25 AM
Difference between Cloud server (http://www.go4hosting.in/services/cloud-hosting-india) and dedicated server are:
1.Cloud servers never go down as in case of any issue,dedicated servers, there’s risk of downtime and hardware failure
2.Cloud servers have more scalability of resources then dedicated server.
3.Hourly resource-based billing is among big benefits of cloud server hosting is typically pay as you go while not in dedicated server.

daric
03-11-2016, 01:15 AM
If you are looking for a cloud hosting provider, I would like to suggest you to go with eUK host's eNlight cloud as it comes with unique features of auto-scalability and pay per consume. eNlight Cloud analyses the resource utilizations of VMs and automatically detects & adapts to it ensuring the seamless functioning. Auto scalability scales the resources such as RAM, Storage , Bandwidth etc. automatically as per the requirement of the users for e.g. If there is sudden spike in the traffic eNlight automatically upscales the resources similarly, it scales them down when not required. pay per consume feature enables user to pay only for the resources they have utilized. Which helps the customers to avoid any CAPEX OVERHEADS?

Alanah_Rae
03-25-2016, 12:18 PM

The main reason for choosing Dedicated Server is that, dedicated server hosting provide its users with dedicated resources, such as hard disk space and bandwidth. These resources are exclusively meant for a single user and are not shared with others. Dedicated servers provide its user with total control over the system. The user also has the ability to change the underlying software applications and programs as per his needs.

Another vital feature of dedicated servers is that they are known to be highly secure

If you are looking for a decent dedicated provider, have a look at AccuWebHosting.

Agreed with you !!

RobertClark
03-29-2016, 07:31 AM
SingleHop offers two types of Cloud Computing. The first, known as the SingleHop Public Cloud, offers a wide range of cloud server hosting resources that can be scaled instantly in a shared, multi-tenant environment.

davidho
04-03-2016, 03:15 AM
In Cloud hosting, It provides us with server clustering i.e. the resources are spread across more than one web server, and are rendered as per need.It also allows us to manage peak loads easily, without facing any bandwidth issues.
A dedicated server is a type of Internet hosting in which the client leases an entire server not shared with anyone else.
You can checkout offers and features of cloudclaim.com,I am really satisfied with their services.

thank for your information

DevinMataka
04-03-2016, 04:35 AM
Cloud Servers
Cloud servers are normally deployed on high end hardware and use virtualization to allow many virtual computers to run on that hardware. In just a few minutes the cloud server can be deployed and configured.
Dedicated Servers
The deployment of a dedicated server is in most cases time-consuming and needs a considerable amount of work. You have to choose and install the hardware, the software, the operating system and applications. The entire installation process can take days or even weeks.

XgenPlus
04-05-2016, 07:27 AM

I know one of the chief marketing point for cloud computing is its scalability factor. But, what if your applications and operations are not ready to scale. As per your mentioned requirement , dedicated server is best in every terms whether its about cost effectiveness, its about easy handling or its about security. Even cloud computing servers have to maintain its redudancy as that of dedicated server which is too complex. In short, if your operations are relatively simple, a single dedicated server with RAID 10 go best as compared to cloud computing .

hostdare
04-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Cloud hosting is great for start up with less budget,but once you grow you need to have own dedicated hosting environment for maximum performance.

imort
04-07-2016, 01:16 AM

Cloud server usually gives you more flexibility, you can more easily migrate from one plan to another, or quickly add new server to your pool, so on.
But it's mean that you didn't actually know what beneath them, what physical servers do serve your cloud servers, you know.
All you can see is cloud and it's resources, and you have to trust provider completely about cloud failover capabilities and such things.

Dedicated server can be treated like 'old-school', it's just rented server you can configure and run as you need to.

Both ways have their pros and cons, can't actually say what do you benefit most from your post.
Do you need a backup? Cloud solution may include actual backup of your cloud server included in a price.
Will you need a possible expansion? It can be done in cloud more easier that in traditional server.
Dedicated server can offer more performance for the same or less price though!
And dedicated server management can be more difficult, you can use one of control panels, like cPanel (http://cpanel.com/), ServerSuit (http://serversuit.com) or ISPManager (https://www.ispsystem.com/software/ispmanager).

Maybe you can provide some more info?

seoex
07-23-2016, 09:16 AM
Cloud Servers

These are a great option for businesses that need to optimise IT performance without the huge costs associated with purchasing and managing a fully dedicated infrastructure. For this reason they are a popular choice for small and mid-sized businesses, and those with variable demands and workloads.

Cloud servers can be configured to provide a similar level of performance, security and control of a dedicated server, but instead of being hosted on physical hardware that’s solely dedicated to you they reside on a shared “virtualised” environment managed by your cloud hosting provider, meaning that you benefit from the economies of scale of sharing hardware with other customers.

With Cloud servers you only ever pay for the exact amount of server space used, on an hourly basis, and have the benefit of infinite flexibility. You can scale up or down resources and server specification depending on demand, meaning that you can avoid paying for idle infrastructure costs when demand is low.

Dedicated servers

A dedicated server is a physical server that is purchased or rented entirely for your own business needs, making it a great solution for large businesses, those that for regulatory reasons require exceptionally high levels of data security, or organisations that have predictable demand necessitating all of their servers running 24/7/365.Businesses would typically need the IT capacity and expertise to manage the ongoing maintenance..

Whilst there is much debate as to the value of dedicated servers in the new world of Cloud, the reality is that there is still very much a need for bare metal dedicated hardware as businesses grapple with increased use of I/O-heavy applications such as databases and Big Data platforms.

tieb
07-23-2016, 06:21 PM
I would say dedicated hosting service, just smoother

mani ge3e
07-27-2016, 01:54 AM
Free up your valuable IT resources to focus on business innovation with our managed dedicated server hosting solutions.

Focus on your business
Business success comes from your IT organization’s ability to differentiate through technology innovation. With over 600 engineers who possess hundreds of certifications, we can extend your current IT staff. We take care of the procurement, configuration and installation of servers and OS licenses, as well as hardware and OS management.

Manage your IT costs
Many IT departments are dealing with flat or declining budgets. Dedicated server hosting allows you to shift from making capital investment in hardware and software to more predictable monthly operation expenditures.

seoe
07-29-2016, 09:47 AM
Cloud Servers

These are a great option for businesses that need to optimize IT performance without the huge costs associated with purchasing and managing a fully dedicated infrastructure. For this reason they are a popular choice for small and mid-sized businesses, and those with variable demands and workloads.

Cloud servers can be configured to provide a similar level of performance, security and control of a dedicated server, but instead of being hosted on physical hardware that’s solely dedicated to you they reside on a shared “virtualised” environment managed by your cloud hosting provider, meaning that you benefit from the economies of scale of sharing hardware with other customers.

With Cloud servers you only ever pay for the exact amount of server space used, on an hourly basis, and have the benefit of infinite flexibility. You can scale up or down resources and server specification depending on demand, meaning that you can avoid paying for idle infrastructure costs when demand is low.

Dedicated servers

A dedicated server is a physical server that is purchased or rented entirely for your own business needs, making it a great solution for large businesses, those that for regulatory reasons require exceptionally high levels of data security, or organisations that have predictable demand necessitating all of their servers running 24/7/365.Businesses would typically need the IT capacity and expertise to manage the ongoing maintenance..

Whilst there is much debate as to the value of dedicated servers in the new world of Cloud, the reality is that there is still very much a need for bare metal dedicated hardware as businesses grapple with increased use of I/O-heavy applications such as databases and Big Data platforms.

seoexpert147
08-09-2016, 03:47 AM
A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting service.

A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system, and customers have superuser-level access to that operating system instance, so they can install almost any software that runs on that OS. For many purposes they are functionally equivalent to a dedicated physical server, and being software-defined, are able to be much more easily created and configured. They are priced much lower than an equivalent physical server, but as they share the underlying physical hardware with other VPSs, performance may be lower, and may depend on the workload of other instances on the same hardware node.

astrologer78
08-09-2016, 04:56 AM

Walteradams
10-13-2016, 06:45 AM
Devoted services allow you to variety your website and only your website on one web server. Devoted website hosting service is simply a web server situated in a data center somewhere in which you have complete control over you can choose www.webhostings.in is best for dedicated web server and they are providing 99.99% up-time assurance.

manoharparakh
05-14-2018, 02:58 AM
The time for the traditional dedicated server is almost over. New cloud computing (https://www.esds.co.in/enlight-cloud-hosting) technologies deliver more performance and behave exactly like a dedicated server. Cloud servers are more reliable, scalable, offer more management features, and cost less. If your dedicated server or servers are getting old I recommend you to take into consideration migrating to the cloud. Cloud migration doesn’t have to be hard or expensive. And it will bring your company efficiency, money savings, productivity and resilience.

zorbee
08-13-2018, 12:03 AM
There was a time when most of the Companies were using dedicated servers only for app hosting or to store Company data. But the trend has changed today and Companies started using cloud server instead of the dedicated server. Cloud storage has a lot of benefits and you can immediately buy the package based on your business needs.

There are cloud service providers who understand your business requirements and suggest the best solution accordingly. Also, there is no data loss or data failure issues in case of cloud server and it is highly affordable too.

roxieharvey
12-04-2018, 05:22 AM
I believe you need to select dedicated hosting service compare of cloud hosting hosting support since its better than many others. It's server which never permit you to split the server with other people so it's possible to use a fantastic area of this server. It's supply many fantastic service such as unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage area, great technical support .

juliaalan
03-18-2020, 01:51 AM
A cloud server is powerful physical or virtual infrastructure that performs application- and information-processing storage. Cloud servers are created using virtualization software to divide a physical (bare metal) server into multiple virtual servers.

Oryon Networks (http://www.oryon.net) | Best web hosting provider (http://www.oryon.net) | Best web hosting in SG (http://www.oryon.net) | Oryon india (http://www.oryon.co.in) | Best hosting in India (http://www.oryon.co.in) |Web hosting in India (http://www.oryon.co.in)

Cloudnow
02-09-2022, 07:39 AM
Cloud hosting plans provide limitable server resources based on system hardware virtualization. Dedicated server plans have a fixed allocation of isolated storage devices that can provide good performance and increased security for business applications. Dedicated servers provide hardware resources that developers can install with the programming language extensions, utilities, tools, and third-party frameworks required to program complex, database-driven web, and mobile applications.

If you looking for best cloud tech solutions then i suggest cloud now technologies. Cloudnow technologies is one of the leading cloud technology company in India (https://www.cloudnowtech.com/).

https://www.cloudnowtech.com/

Cloudnow
11-16-2022, 01:16 AM
Dedicated Server - A single machine dedicated to yourself where no one is allowed to share the hardware or resources unless you permit so.Cloud Server - It's a cluster of dedicated servers connected in a network, a shared environment with virtually unlimited resources. you are looking for best cloud migration services then cloud now technologies. Cloudnow technologies cloud migration services (https://www.cloudnowtech.com/cloud-migration-services.html) help to Migrate to the cloud platform securely without losing clients' business operations.

https://www.cloudnowtech.com/cloud-migration-services.html

ownwebservers1
08-03-2023, 01:00 PM
OwnWebServers is a powerful web hosting solution for businesses websites. This web host features maximum reliability and robust security protocols among its extensive set of additional features.

Great deal from OwnWebServers - Save 25% OFF on Cloud Servers Hosting plans (https://ownwebservers.com/vps-cloud-server/). Use coupon code DCS25 during checkout. This offer is limited time.

Cloud 1

• CPU Cores - 4 Core
• Storage SSD - 160 GB
• Memory - 8 GB
• Operating System: Centos7
• Additional IP's: Optional
• Control Panel: Optional
• Additional Disk: Optional
• Server Backup: Optional
• Server Management: Free Support

>>>> Price $21.75/mo. With using promo code DCS25 | Order Now (https://ownwebservers.com/serviceinfo/cart.php?a=add&pid=57)