PDA

View Full Version : Where do you geographically prefer to host your site?

apthost
01-12-2007, 11:53 PM
I would like to know if people prefer to host in their own country or if it does not matter. I have hosted my sites with both US and Canadian servers and it does not really matter to me, but what do you think?

Ahosting.biz
01-13-2007, 04:06 AM
I think it depends on their business's needs. But most of our customers prefer to host their sites in their own country (I mean USA)

charlesgan
01-13-2007, 12:10 PM
for international biz, i will only host it at USA.
this is primary of the SEO issue, also the page access time delay. i dont want my visitor to wait extra 1 sec to view a page pulled from taiwan etc.

D-host
05-03-2007, 05:15 AM
No doubt. USA servers.

Connie
05-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I prefer the US because that's were I live and the main country my business targets. However, from an SEO perspective, if you have a .com TLD, and want SE advantages for a specific country, it helps to host in that country.

If you have a country specific TLD, such as .uk then it wont make any difference where you host.

Bodhost
05-08-2007, 09:21 AM
The geographic location are variant depending upon one's choice. However, there are many factors that are looked into also. We provide hosting based in US as well as in UK giving customers a option to select their own location. :)