PDA

View Full Version : How do you advertise your site?

apthost
01-13-2007, 12:03 AM
What advertising do you use most? What brings in the best results? And what has yielded little or no results?

Ahosting.biz
01-13-2007, 04:04 AM
Hello. I think that the best way to advertise your site is SEO. Than banners and PPC.

charlesgan
01-13-2007, 12:09 PM
seo to get my site top ranked in SE.
do directory submission as well.

then forums is my second option.

egenial
02-08-2007, 04:08 AM
Search engine marketing offers you lots of strategies to use: link building, directory submission, article submission, blogging, social networking.

eukhost
02-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Optimize your site well for top rankings in the search engines. Top rankings in the search engines for your targeted keywords is the best form of advertising for your website.

cl2
02-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Did you get a good result from AdWord?
Not for me :(

FreeMember
02-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Almost nobody doubts that SEO is the best way to advertise your company. But how much do you spend in SEO per month?

Jim2Macs
02-13-2007, 06:21 AM
apthost, everything stated already are great ideas, you can also join and become active in forums. Make sure you put your sig with a link to your site on each post. Write articles, press releases, networking.

James-A
02-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Best ways to advertise and generate targetted traffic for free are

SEO
Online Communities and Forums
Article / Directory submissions
Social bookmarking
Backlinks

James_j
02-14-2007, 02:37 PM
SEO & Google ads bring good page rank,Directory submission is also one way to advertise our website,
after we get good page rank we can grow easily..

ASP-Hosting.ca
02-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Mix of SEO and paid advertising for our company.

Mabus
02-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Affiliates programs are a great way to drive customers. Word of mouth is a nice way to get existing customers bringing in more customers. We have received a lot of our customers that way.

adsontimw
02-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Affiliates programs are a great way to drive customers. Word of mouth is a nice way to get existing customers bringing in more customers. We have received a lot of our customers that way.

How did you exactly manage it? Refferal system?

*** EDITED BY NS-ICON *** - WARNING POSSIBLE SELF ADVERTISING. - Do not include the link you posted in any future submissions please.

Ahmad
02-23-2007, 03:24 AM
We are focusing on article submission now, seems to be working fine, we've submitted about 100 article and moved to the second Google page from the 4th.

micksss
03-02-2007, 01:15 AM
We are focusing on article submission now, seems to be working fine, we've submitted about 100 article and moved to the second Google page from the 4th.

Press releases are a good idea too.

alemcherry
03-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Investing on SEO is the best bet. PPC works for faster results, if I have budget for it. Also getting banner on well known sites/forums at a cheaper rate than adsense is good.

Alcatrazz
03-12-2007, 03:44 AM
The majority of posts mentioned seo, I agree on this point, and the most effective seo techniques are directory submissionaand article submission, as well as link exchange with related sites.

visio
03-18-2007, 09:55 AM
I dont think that article submission is of great help, with the exception if all the articles you submit are really unique, and you choose the right directory. I find that for a starter buying some links, a mixture of hight google PR and some sites with a lot of traffic is the best. The hight PR sites will pass along their PR to your site and a site with a lot of traffic and you pay for a nice banner on top, normally brings you some traffic.

sharon
03-21-2007, 05:45 AM
I think that exchanging link with relevant sites count most for SE.Buying links from prominent sites is always good. Not only for new sites but for established site to.If prominent site is relevant to your site your link will count even more.

trexhost
03-23-2007, 09:16 PM
We have always worked hard on making sure our customers are completely happy, as word-of-mouth is the best advertising power. SEO definitaly plays a big role in advertising your website, as well as getting the word out by advertising, so the potential customers know about your services
James

darkestnight
04-05-2007, 10:47 AM
its all about word of mouth!

A1isp.co.uk
04-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Investing on SEO is the best bet. PPC works for faster results, if I have budget for it. Also getting banner on well known sites/forums at a cheaper rate than adsense is good.
I found playing around with META name was much better for getting higher ranks in google than META tags. I am on the first page on Google on all my chosen search criteria now.

JJ A1isp.co.uk

Mark07
04-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Optimize your site well for top rankings in the search engines. Top rankings in the search engines for your targeted keywords is the best form of advertising for your website.

Yeah what eukhost has mentioned is perfectly true and I concur with it.
Coming on top for the most intensive keywords which the visitors type in for their searches can get your site great results.

D-host
05-03-2007, 05:01 AM
We focus onSEO, Paid ads in good PR directories and High pr websites, forum and directories submissions , posting

Connie
05-07-2007, 07:43 PM
If you purchase links, you need to do it for the ROI and not for potential gains in the SEs. Google in particular is really attempting to devalue paid links. They are even asking webmasters to report paid links.

Link exchanges are fine, if they provide value to a sites visitors. Keep in mind that you are responsible for who you link to. If a site you link to becomes a bad neighborhood, it could affect your rankings.

I don't syndicate our articles. I would rather have the content on my site. I admit the flip side of that, is a syndicated article could produce a lot of targeted traffic. I wouldn't do it for any perceived benefit in the SEs.

Create content on your site that others will want to link to. A natural one way link from a PR1 site may carry more weight than an exchanged link with a PR5 site,

I do a little PPC with Google.

Good customer service is important, for both return customers, and for word of mouth.

XpIndia.Com
05-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Submit to search engines. Optimize your keyworks using seo and you will do fine in ranking:)

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Submit to search engines. Optimize your keyworks using seo and you will do fine in ranking:)

You can also look into paid advertising, because your search engine rankings might be gone without any logical reason whatsoever. You will need a more relaible source of customers that just free search engine traffic...

XpIndia.Com
05-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Yes.

Use xenu its a freeware link checking software.
optimize links in ur index page and make sure there are no dead links for 5tyres down. google will have to pick up ur sites, no matter if they like it or not.

UR mete tags should mean what page data n keywords say.

Bigger fonts get more ranking

marquee on top works better for ranking.

make index to follow in meta tags

dont put pop ups, spiders dont like them

edit .htaccess so that the desired engine can browse password protecte data
with your permission.

Make sure the spiders have members permissions if you r running forums.
dont let them feel like spiders. they hte to be called spiders

Need more :D

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes.

Use xenu its a freeware link checking software.

How does this software work. Do you schedule it to run daily on your server or something like that?

XpIndia.Com
05-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Its a freeware, I use it from time to time to validate sites linked to hyperlinks on my site. This way google ranking is maintained as googlebot then knows that links are authentic and that it has to spider them.

reg
05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
PPC, Affiliates, Press Releases, and some SEO....

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Its a freeware, I use it from time to time to validate sites linked to hyperlinks on my site. This way google ranking is maintained as googlebot then knows that links are authentic and that it has to spider them.

Thanks,

It sound interesting and I'll check it out later today. I have to check all my link exchanges, because lots of people remove the back links to your website after a few weeks.

TSHOST
05-21-2007, 04:28 PM
I agree with trexhost, just be good to your customers and make them feel like family rather than account numbers because that always makes people feel good, talk to their friends and bring good word of mouth business.

lewis1
05-24-2007, 06:07 AM
hi

Search, Search Engines, Search Engine Submit, Submit,
Website Submit, Submission, Website Submission, Webpage Submission
Ranking, URL Submit, Traffic, Free Traffic, search engine ranking
, Google ranking, Meta Tag Builder, Free Download, Yahoo, Rank,
Affiliate Program, FFA Submitter, FFA, Link Popularity Check"
http://www.thesubmissionzone.com (http://www.thesubmissionzone.com)

trendyhost
05-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Hi,

What about Email marketing and newsletter? any idea on how well it works,

TrendyHost.

Shonky
05-31-2007, 05:06 AM
Personally I use mostly SEO techniques, with a little Adwords here and there, generally I only use Adwords to test traffic levels for new projects I am working on.

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Personally I use mostly SEO techniques, with a little Adwords here and there, generally I only use Adwords to test traffic levels for new projects I am working on.

Can you share what SEO techniques do you use? Do you actually run AdWords ads or you just use the AdWords tools to estimate traffic?

Thanks

Shonky
06-01-2007, 09:48 AM
The SEO side of things is fairly simple, good on page SEO to start with, only obtaining quality on topic back links whenever possible, and very selective anchor text for those back links.

As for Adwords, I only use it to test a new niche I'm looking at, initially I'll set up a landing page, point Adwords towards it and use that to gauge traffic levels, from this I then decide if it is worth building a site for that niche. It costs a little initially, but the hours it can save if I don't need to build a site far outweigh the initial cost.

Nirvana
06-01-2007, 01:10 PM
What advertising do you use most? What brings in the best results? And what has yielded little or no results?

The ways that have worked for me are:

1. Article Marketing(adding content and building backlinks to my site from article sites)

2. Search Engine Optomization(the proper use of off page and on page optomization such as keywords in articles and link text on other sites.)

3. Adding my website to directories.

4. Traffic Exchanges(building a big downline and helping them build theirs so I don't have to surf for credits I can then direct to my website or build my list)

Auroin
06-14-2007, 04:23 AM
Hi apthost,
There are different web based promotional techniques that you can follow to get targeted visitors for your website. As a professional SEO Services provider, we can recommend you some useful SEO techniques which can help you to get optimum result for your website, such as:link campaigning, keyword analysis, unique content and more. You can visit the following URL to get detailed idea,

http://www.auroin.com/seo-topics/seo-strategy/web-based-promotional-techniques.htm

We have also applied these SEO techniques for our clients and have got success.

Mr Goodhost
06-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Posting on forums and blogs

ASP-Hosting.ca
06-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Posting on forums and blogs

Posting on forums and blogs is good, but they have to be relevent to the websites you are promoting in order to benefit from those links. This is valid for both search engine ranking and for the visitors that will see your links.

ASP-Hosting.ca
06-27-2007, 04:05 PM
good domain best seo

It's good to have a domain that has your target keyword phrase in it, but this is not enough to rank high for this phrase. The most important thing is to have relevant links back to your site.

MorePen
07-26-2007, 12:05 PM
SEO is a good bet ofcourse.....since google is god nowadays......but forums can be helpful too......wouldnt recommend something like adwords though.....

ASP-Hosting.ca
08-01-2007, 10:14 AM
I've started doing press releases for some of my new sites, but the results are yet to be seen. I've read several articles on how to promote sites with press release and I think I'm on the right track. Anybody else care to share their successes/failures with PR?

Sabir
12-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

emaderam
01-31-2008, 02:09 AM
Link building, directory submission, article submission, blogging, social networking. Any more?!

Good Luck

edwindane335
12-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Optimize your site well for top rankings in the search engines. Site optimization is an effective thing that we can do with our site.

Raycruise
12-02-2011, 01:22 PM
When it comes to advertising and marketing online, there are many, many ways, products and companies that you can use or buy, but these can vary dramatically in cost and effectiveness.If you cant afford the marketing company and see what the SEO company will do for you.

yong1515yong
12-05-2011, 02:10 AM
In net way, do SEO such as

Link building, directory submission, article submission, blogging, social networking.

and some computer tech.

bryantrace2568
12-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Link building, directory submission, article submission, blogs, social networking: Search engine marketing offers many of the strategies to use to you.

nelsonmark85
12-09-2011, 03:14 AM

jaidenford131
12-10-2011, 12:20 AM
The most important part of this thing called site advertising will be the optimization features that you will be getting to use of it in general terms.

skiman
12-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Ads, Seo, social networks

JerrickYeoh
12-12-2011, 01:41 AM
I use PPC . It bring me the higher exposure and traffic .
What i focus more is in Google Adwords and Place banner ads on related site to target my market.

johngomes160
12-12-2011, 11:17 PM
SEO and Google ads bring sensible page rank, Directory submission is additionally a method to advertise our web site and after we tend to get sensible page rank we will grow simply.

johnnyS
12-14-2011, 10:48 PM
I'll go for social media sites. Second is the article submissions.

oliviaskye
12-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Search engine optimization is the best way for advertising our site because SEO provides many techniques like on-page and off-page factors or link building techniques(blog commenting, forum posting, article submission, blog submission, social bookmarking etc).

michaeljohn
12-15-2011, 01:22 AM
Throw Face book, Twitter, Digg and Stumble upon. These are good technique of site Advertising.

Jacob6080
12-15-2011, 06:19 AM
With link building, directory submission, article submission, blogging, social networking you can advertise your website.

---------------------------------------
medical practice management software (http://www.datanetsolutions.org/)

DanielChew
12-15-2011, 09:47 AM
the most basic term , you can probably make it on social networking site as fan page such like facebook / twitter / blogging.
beside that ; back link , google adwords , place banner in forum , neither post in forum.

I've tried few method before , and its work pretty good for me.

Openxcell Inc
12-16-2011, 12:54 AM
I mostly prefer to advertise over the facebook and Google Adwords. It is too cheap and help me to get more ROI percentage. It is too cheap and help me to get more customer and client to my promoted product and services.

jacksonsmith17
12-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Google and SEO ads provide good PR. directory submission is a method to advertise site after we acquire excellent PR and we can develop without hassle.

christophersmit
12-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Once we get a good PageRank we can grow easily, SEO & Google ads will have a good page rank, directory submission, is also one way to promote our website...

smith29
12-21-2011, 06:10 AM
Very simple!!!!!!!! We advertise our website in text, picture, sound and video on the other website or search engine which publish by SEO and PPC.

James-A
12-21-2011, 08:25 AM
The best way to market the website is through article submissions, blogging, social bookmarking and social networking.

Babar
12-22-2011, 07:00 AM
Anything from SEO to paid advertising.

benmark481
12-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Directory submission is also one way to advertise our website. SEO & Google ads bring good page rank.

Abbott123
01-03-2012, 05:32 AM
Search engine optimization offers you lots of strategies to use: link building, directory distribution, writing and submitting articles, blogging, social media.

jack12
01-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Listing distribution is also one way to promote our website. SEO & Search engines ads bring good pr.

ajaykr
01-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Hi, i am doing SMO on our site .

josephadams48
01-04-2012, 03:31 AM
Investing on SEO is the best bet. PPC works for faster results, if I have budget for it. Also getting banner on widely known sites/forums at a less pricey rate than Adsense is nice.

jacksonmartin29
01-04-2012, 11:18 AM
The advertise your site are:

Forum posting
Blogging
Artical submission
Social bookmarking

jordanjohnson11
01-09-2012, 02:07 AM
Once we get a good PageRank we can grow easily, SEO & Google ads will have a good page rank, directory submission, is also one way to promote our website...

ryanharris369
01-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Search engine ranking for your targeted keywords is the best form of advertising for your website.

lukeevans595
01-15-2012, 11:57 PM

sanfrancisco
01-16-2012, 12:20 AM
PPC is the best way to advertise the website.Website that uses PPC will display add of your website on its page.PPC can divert targeted customers to your website and its a low cost method.Nowadays PPC is in great demand.

fernandodevin23
01-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Optimize your web page well for top ratings in the Google. A top rating in the google for your focused key terms is the best method of marketing for your web page.

aditd
02-05-2012, 01:12 PM

The best for me is automated posting to Twitter.
For manual uses the best way is to make forum posts.
Also making a site that is needed ( so people will look for what you have ) will get hi in rankings.

haydentalon474
02-08-2012, 03:23 AM
Advertising your own site is not as easy as it sounds as under the category of advertisemtn falls many things that you need to notice.

Mikeleonard
02-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Their are the difference types of way for advertising a sites seo keywords ranking , classifieds posting , ppc advertising , Video advertising are also helpful for it .

rahul123
02-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Me do all work related to off page SEo but Directory submission is best..........

alexisrois
02-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Link exchanges are excellent, if they offer value to the websites guests. Keep in mind that you are accountable for who you link to. If a site you link to becomes a bad community, it could impact your ratings.

chasekade68
02-24-2012, 03:29 AM
Investing on SEO is the best bet. PPC works for faster results, if I accept account for it. Also accepting banderole on able-bodied accepted sites and forums at a cheaper amount than adsense is good.

antonylong74
04-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Even with these new changes in SEO link building, the old rules still hold. Linking from high ranking PR website will always give you more link juice than linking from a low PR website.

sabrinasai
04-25-2012, 12:12 AM
link building, directory submission, article submission, blogging, social networking are some of the tips to advertise your site.

micahcobb89
04-29-2012, 11:45 PM
In apthost, every idea is great; you can also join and be active in forums. You must ensure that you have put your sig with a link to your site with each post. You can also write articles, press releases, networking.