PDA

View Full Version : Yet another iPowerWeb-sucks rant

the_canuck
01-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Now this is funny. I came in search of webhosting forums on which to spread the anti-iPowerWeb word, and the previous thread happens to be all about that!

Well here's what I wanted to say anyway:

iPowerWeb sucks. They lied to me.

I was an iPowerWeb customer for about two-and-a-half years. As it happens, I only really used their hosting during the first year of that; we'd changed both domain names and hosts after that, and I maintained the iPowerWeb account out of habit (and perhaps as an eventual backup).

Recently I decided to cancel my account finally. To my shame, I waited until the day before the next three-month billing period to cancel; despite the late notice, I was assured by the iPowerWeb rep I spoke with on the phone that I'd been cancelled just in time. I then received an email saying, essentially, "We're sorry you want to cancel. Is there anything we can do? If you don't answer within 3 days, we'll ASSUME YOU'RE NOT CANCELLING AND KEEP BILLING YOU ANYWAY."

Now I'd already cancelled with them, right? So I think I'd be forgiven for merely glossing over this email and perceiving it as nothing more than something an after-the-fact request for info on why I'd cancelled. But that's not what this was -- it was negative billing, pure and simple: tell us NOT to bill you or we WILL bill you.

Do NOT use iPowerWeb.

BTW for two years I've had multiple accounts with unitedhosting.co.uk and have been very happy. No phone support, but their email response is extremely fast and they actually seem to give a damn about their customers. There are plenty of good hosts out there, but if you haven't found one yet, you could certainly do worse than UH.

It sure felt good to rant. :)

mikelc2
01-20-2007, 05:55 PM
That was a good rant.

That's just one of those pathetic marketing schemes hosts like that... penny hosts... they use it to keep as much business as possible, and make every last cent off a cancelling customeer.

Needless to say, if they charged me again I would ask for a refund. If they didn't, I would keep calling their stupid little toll free number until they do.

Then I could go to my credit card company!

radnam
03-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Welcome to Hostsearch. You will find many people to share your rant's.

rosesmark
08-31-2012, 12:27 AM
Interesting things you share in this forum..