PDA

View Full Version : rackspace $350/mo for AMD server WOW,

Khun
09-24-2004, 04:51 AM
I've just visit Rackspace. looking for a dedicated server. They don't list a price on their web site. I asked them form their live support. Surprise me!! 350/mo for AMD server. Why should i pay $350/mo for a AMD server . what is the benefit of having a rackspace.com dedicated server? I mean, why many well known sites use Rackspace.com?

dchman
09-25-2004, 03:16 AM
just visited their web site too.

They are now hiding their prices. They don't publish the prices. I think you can negotiate with them to get the prices down.

All customers not buying at the same prices. That's possible.

IMC
09-28-2004, 11:54 AM
just visited their site. Yes, the price is hiding. I have chat with their support and ask for dedicated server for $100. They invited me to visit some web site....I can not remember the name. but that site also a web hosting provider. may be they are the same owner

2mhost.com
09-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Khun,

rackspace give full managed servers, this is the costly thing

rackspace mainly sell servers for corporate business and large web sites .. i never heared some one buy from them in order to resell shared accounts.

sehyogdotnet
05-25-2007, 02:10 AM
Price :
---------
Monthly Cost : 169 $

Setup Fee : $75 [ One Time and includes all the initial installations, security audits]

For Server Management : $144 per month

Okay, lets check this out $(169+144) = $313 .. with $75 installation charges, it is $320 a month. Moral of the story: support costs real money :eek:

If you can manage your own servers, the place to check would be: nocster dot net, 1and1 dot com. There are plenty of others these being the best in terms of cost and especially nocster in terms of robustness.

Does this help?

Raj

sehyogdotnet
05-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Some real livewire comments these about Rackspace :rolleyes:

http://www.epinions.com/inet-Web_Hosting-All-RackSpace/display_~reviews

onthespot
06-10-2007, 01:50 PM
I believe rackspace offers managed dedicated servers and may provide better support in light of that.

Alcatrazz
06-11-2007, 06:48 AM
Do they charge any setup fee? Even if it's fully managed offer, cheaper options can be found, i.e. valuhost.com, nethosters.com.

Bobby
06-12-2007, 04:19 AM
valuhost.com
They do ofer really quality sollutions. But price not the main thing. You get what you pay for. Valuhost.com experenced one. The main their advantage - they provide nice customer service (Becouse of many years experience I guess).

tihomir
06-16-2007, 06:46 PM
The fact that they are not showing the price is strange. Maybe their plans are very individual to client needs? $350/mo not much reasonable price to me.

iHubNet
07-01-2007, 01:54 AM
But as I know their service good... they will take care all managements and so on.. right?

James-A
07-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Yep, you are right but we can get the same level of support and services from other hosting companies too and the price would also vary a lot.

JRBeaman
08-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Get a dedicated server from us,

Price :
---------
Monthly Cost : 169 $

Setup Fee : $75 [ One Time and includes all the initial installations, security audits]

For Server Management : $144 per month

You are rediculous. You whine that Rackspace Managed hosting charges too much and yet you are price more than them for the same thing.

Uh, add 169 to 144 and you get: $313 and you insinuate they are "expensive?":mad:

Talk about scamming and price hiding.....:eek:

JRBeaman
08-24-2007, 02:37 PM
I've just visit Rackspace. looking for a dedicated server. They don't list a price on their web site. I asked them form their live support. Surprise me!! 350/mo for AMD server. Why should i pay $350/mo for a AMD server . what is the benefit of having a rackspace.com dedicated server? I mean, why many well known sites use Rackspace.com?

I have been with rackspace for 7 years. The results are obvious.

1. I run ecommerce web sites, and all my own software.
2. I have never had one minute of down-time in 7 years.
3. I have never been hacked.
4. Technical support is the best I have ever seen, anywhere.
5. Their prices are comperable for the same configuration and
services offered elsewhere, and cheaper than centoshosting.com.

How many offer 24x7 managed hosting/support with this track record?
You get what you pay for. Heck you can get really cheap, try godaddy.com
You also get crappy service, children attempting technical support, and their best support was a promised call back in 24 hours, which turned out to be an email two days later. Like I said, you get what you pay for.

It really all depends on what you need.

Rackspace bashers are obviously neophites.

JRBeaman
08-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Yep, you are right but we can get the same level of support and services from other hosting companies too and the price would also vary a lot.

Nice claim, but you offer no information.
Same level of support? I don't think you
know what you are talking about.

dougeth
08-29-2007, 01:05 AM
Rackspace does come at a premium, but you also have to make sure you are making an apples to apples comparison. It is hard to compare "soft" items like "better customer service", but we can compare tangilble items like SLA and data center specifications. RackSpace actually outlines mean time to repair and mean time to response to trouble tickets. Also Rackspace's data centers are independently audited (SAS 70) which passes additional costs on to customers.

ASP-Hosting.ca
09-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Having dedicated server with full management is expensive if you want a reliable service. When I started in hosting a few years ago, I had cheap dedicated server with ev1, and I had somebody managing it for less than $100 a month. I had quite a few problems at that time. Now I pay premium price for server management, but I can sleep well and I know that everything is taken care of.

Ryan-Limestone
09-18-2007, 03:43 PM
I can definitely agree with rackspace costing what they do. As far as managed services go they are absolutely the best. Lately I have heard things about them falling from grace a bit and letting smaller companies fall through the cracks.

casitecenter
10-07-2007, 04:25 PM
I have been with rackspace for 7 years. The results are obvious.

1. I run ecommerce web sites, and all my own software.
2. I have never had one minute of down-time in 7 years.
4. Technical support is the best I have ever seen, anywhere.
5. Their prices are comperable for the same configuration and
services offered elsewhere, and cheaper than centoshosting.com.

Rackspace bashers are obviously neophites.

this post seems to be interesting for me
the sender has only 3 post and tell us wonder full thing about rackspace.
i have never used their services but they seems to be major company so they can provide valuable service
but be careful every one major company means good responsibility and also high rates

if you have not been hacked doesn't mean that your webhosting provider wont get hacked
this means no one wanted to hack you
no one can say that my website or my server can not be hacked
even zone-h hacked!

i belive this post has been send by one of the ....... employee :D

johnmyth
02-05-2008, 10:38 AM
hmmmm, i have got lot of information about web hosting and its packages, and determined to get two domains from the globe tech servers.
Thaks for sharing your ideas and information and you know that the forums are for the same thing.

Khun
02-05-2008, 09:27 PM
It's 4 year olds' Thread....
The price should be change by now

alemcherry
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Racspace, is for great support. If you can pay, they will give great service.

~ServerPoint~
02-13-2008, 04:41 AM
I'm sure that they have forum on their web site. Try to find REAL cuustomers and then you will have full impression.

shakir
03-09-2008, 10:35 AM
There is many others with good offer godaddy , liquid web and hostgator So forget rackspace

Friend5
03-13-2008, 09:13 AM
rackspace gives you the much needed support always.
Their prices are also so competitive for their service. So most persons tend to go there.

clint999
05-04-2008, 11:25 PM
But as I know their service good... they will take care all managements and so on.. right?

clint999
05-05-2008, 12:35 AM

clint999
05-05-2008, 08:17 PM

Callisto
05-06-2008, 04:09 AM
Yes, read a lot of their reviews at WHT, they seem to be a really good choice for a mission-critical website, though a lil bit expensive.

EnergyRecruitm
11-05-2008, 05:18 AM
We strongly believe that each IT solution is automation of business processes and needs. We employ our knowledge and expertise to provide high impact yet cost effective web solutions to our clients. We work with long-term elationships in mind; the reason our success graph is always on a rise.Our philosophy is very simple; make every solution a rewarding experience for everyone involved. Our strength is in our constantly growing team of project-managers, programmers, developers, web designers and technical experts who possess strong problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities. People at Paranox are always ready to impart their knowledge and skills even when dealing with uncertain and unrealistic expectations.