PDA

View Full Version : OScommerce

raj_kumar
01-25-2007, 06:10 AM
osCommerce is an online shop e-commerce (http://www.ccsgroupindia.com/website-design/ecommerce-website-shopping-cart-providers.htm)solution that offers a wide range of out-of-the-box features that allows online stores to be setup fairly quickly with ease, and is available for free as an Open Source based solution released under the GNU General Public License.

Today, osCommerce has been taken to the next level, moving towards an e-commerce framework solution that not only remains easy to setup and maintain, but also making it easier for store administrators to present their stores to their customers with their own unique requirements.

The success of osCommerce is secured by a great and active community where members help one another out and participate in development issues reflecting upon the current state of the project.

James_j
02-27-2007, 02:26 AM
I also osCommerce cart to buy online products,osCommerce is provide better security than other carts.
I suggest osCommerce for online businss providers who are looking Linux and osCommerce It saves our money I hope osCommerce is very useful for who are starting samll online business without huge investment..
Regards,

trexhost
03-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Dont know why, but never was a fan of OScommerce. I always tell our customers to go with Zencart, one of those things where once you learn it, you wouldn't go back

casitecenter
03-30-2007, 06:02 AM
it's up to you to chose with one but both of them are ok
you can check opensourcecms.com to learn more about osc2nuke , osCMax , osCommerce, phpShop, Zen Cart

solsnet
06-25-2007, 04:49 PM
The CRELoaded version of OSCommerce is much better. Gives you more options.

ASP-Hosting.ca
06-27-2007, 12:34 PM
A friend of mine is planning to use OScommerce for his ecommerce site and I was wondering, how secure is this application? Does it have a lot of security issues and are they releasing patches fast enough to prevent problems?

Thanks,

Peter

Ethan D
06-29-2010, 02:52 PM
I personally with all my experience with these think Magento is the best thing for eCommerce but that is just me especially with the new plugin for it.

CKDavid
11-25-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm not a fan of OSC as well, I'm opted for Shopping CArt Elite (http://www.shoppingcartelite.com), but of all open source cart i would prefer Zen.

racyhall11
11-26-2010, 05:02 AM
osCommerce is the most comprehensive and popular open source Shopping Cart system in existence. osCommerce has attracted a large and growing community that consists of over 240,500 store owners, developers, service providers, and enthusiasts who support and work with each other on their online business. osCommerce Online Merchant is a complete online store solution that contains both a catalog frontend and an administration tool backend which can be easily installed and configured over a web-based installation procedure.

alexfrued
08-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi !

OScommerce is one of the best Ecommerce cart, but there other good shopping carts like Magento, Zencart, phpshop etc so don't ignore it. They also are good ecommerce cart and according to me magento is one of the best ecommerce cart.
Thanks for sharing !

jesicawillss
12-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Yes, osCommerce is a good e commerce shopping cart. According to your purpose one can choose it for online shopping business. Apart from this, magento and zencart is also popular e commerce shopping solution.

mobileapplover
12-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Actually I agree with jesicawillss and this really good question. Keep it up!!

John karner
01-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Do not know why, but never was a fan of OScommerce. I always tell our clients to go with Zencart, one of them where once you master it, you wouldn't go back

willstock351
07-23-2012, 01:18 AM
Don’t know why, but never was a fan of OScommerce. I always tell our customers to go with Zencart, one of those things where once you learn it, you wouldn't go back.

nelsoncobb447
07-31-2012, 04:17 AM
I don’t know why, but then again I never was a fan of OScommerce. I at all times tell our clienteles to drive with Zencart, as a suggestion they can go for.

dennywills75
11-07-2012, 03:52 AM
I did not every hold fascination for OScommerce. As per my advice, Zencart always makes a better choice. You can always benefit by learning the same.

lennonrowen
11-08-2012, 06:44 AM
I think It's open source shopping template that you can use for online store.

css4me
11-14-2012, 08:21 AM
I agree OScommerce is a nice technology which provides so many features like :
1.Object oriented backend
2.User friendly framework
3.Secure transactions through SSL

williammichael0
05-19-2015, 02:28 AM
There are mixed reviews, which you are likely to come across, while dealing with OScommerce solutions of all time and with effective results, for your needs.