PDA

View Full Version : ******************************?

simone baxter
01-26-2007, 04:36 PM
:o im looking for the best eb hosting provider. they say that ****************************** gives the cheapest deals and packages. im planning to build my site and i need more advices.Is ****************************** really good. I seem to like the unlimited MyQSL. pls tell me what more packages is best from ******************************.

charlesgan
01-31-2007, 12:54 PM
hi, i used them before indeed. bit long time had pass, and now they offering terabytes package. price is getting cheaper as well.

Bull
02-01-2007, 04:54 AM
I suuest you check them out in different ways first of all.

Bodhost
02-01-2007, 07:39 AM
It sounds great that you have made a choice in selecing your hosting provider, however, it is always suggestive to choose from various options and then make a firm decision. Thereafter recieving good service and support and not frequently shifting to alternate hosting providers.:)

All the best.

radnam
02-02-2007, 03:36 AM
Hello,

Have been working in the hosting business for over a year now and have learned one thing dont ever go for cheap offers as they are not reliable. Look out for reliable and then cheap hosting as you want peace of mind in the end.

Regards,
Marcus G

brillomax
02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
****************************** is clearly overselling as everyone can see. However, you know they also have some big - side to them. so you might want to read up on them. But they are a big company...

globalgoods
02-08-2007, 05:21 PM
******************************s awesome.

jimmychuang
02-26-2007, 01:27 AM
I am unhappy user of ******************************, the two things that I don't like are their customer service and billing issues.

I don't want to talk too much now, but my advice for chosing "cheap" hosting plan is: chose the one has best customer service.

I have used three hosting companies for a period of time, they are ******************************, bluehost, hostgator.

****************************** has the worst customer service among them.

Hostgator has the fastest customer service, bluehost is the second choice.

I used bluehost now, but I will chose hostgator again if I plan to build a new site.

Bluehost often reply to my question within 36 hours, and the hostgator is 24 hours, ****************************** is 48~72hours, sometimes they even don't reply.

I give you three reasons why I won't chose ****************************** again.

First, they charge addon domain names fee, not including domain name itself, if you want to build more than one sites, it will be the last choice.

Secondly, they deleted my files accidently, and I submitted four help tickets within 40 days, they only replied one, and the reply massage is:
Sorry, we only keep backup for 5 days......

Third, they send out "auto upgrade" email, if you don't notice that email, they will upgrade your account and charge you 39 USD..
I have tried to opt-out that kind of "service", I finally opt-out yesterday, the point is I have clicked opt-out link at least three weeks ago, but I still been charged upgrade fee last week.

Finally, I have to say I always chose cheap hosting service because it is not neccessary to chose expensive one if you just build a personal business website.

If a cheap hosting company has good customer service which can helps you solve problem, why not chose cheap one?

Bodhost
02-26-2007, 09:44 AM
I am unhappy user of ******************************, the two things that I don't like are their customer service and billing issues.

I don't want to talk too much now, but my advice for chosing "cheap" hosting plan is: chose the one has best customer service.

I have used three hosting companies for a period of time, they are ******************************, bluehost, hostgator.

****************************** has the worst customer service among them.

Hostgator has the fastest customer service, bluehost is the second choice.

I used bluehost now, but I will chose hostgator again if I plan to build a new site.

Bluehost often reply to my question within 36 hours, and the hostgator is 24 hours, ****************************** is 48~72hours, sometimes they even don't reply.

I give you three reasons why I won't chose ****************************** again.

First, they charge addon domain names fee, not including domain name itself, if you want to build more than one sites, it will be the last choice.

Secondly, they deleted my files accidently, and I submitted four help tickets within 40 days, they only replied one, and the reply massage is:
Sorry, we only keep backup for 5 days......

Third, they send out "auto upgrade" email, if you don't notice that email, they will upgrade your account and charge you 39 USD..
I have tried to opt-out that kind of "service", I finally opt-out yesterday, the point is I have clicked opt-out link at least three weeks ago, but I still been charged upgrade fee last week.

Finally, I have to say I always chose cheap hosting service because it is not neccessary to chose expensive one if you just build a personal business website.

If a cheap hosting company has good customer service which can helps you solve problem, why not chose cheap one?

Hello,

I certainly understand your situation, however what if we challenge you of a 30 minutes Guaranteed response time (24/7 Customer Support). If not, then we will completely refund your amount without any further questions. Let me know if you have any queries regarding the same. :cool:

charlesgan
02-28-2007, 02:38 AM
if ****************************** cant met your needs, then consider bluehost or hostgator. which is bit more expensive but better support + features

NS-Icon
02-28-2007, 03:34 AM
hi, i used them before indeed. bit long time had pass, and now they offering terabytes package. price is getting cheaper as well.
Hi Charles,

Considering you advertise in your signature a list of hosting providers where you obtain a profit through affiliate schemes your review on ****************************** could be considered biased in your favour.

Please remove your signature links as we do not allow self-advertisement through affiliate schemes.

alemcherry
03-05-2007, 11:36 AM
I do not know much about ******************************, but unlimited somethign should not be areason to select a host. Just look for the resources you need - don't let the overselling fool you. Their price looks okay, but many good hosts like hostgator, hostmonster, lunar pages are also on the same range. So do your research before selecting a host.

billyj
03-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi everybody,

My church had been using ****************************** for about 2 or 3 years now, but I didn't really start to take over handling the website for them until the end of last year. Up to today I had some major issues with ****************************** hosting and their customer support.

It all started when my pastor renewed the account and added a new domain to the hosting plan. He was able to set up a username that was not compatible with the system and so FTP access to the new domain was not possible.. I was in contact with customer support regarding this issue for about a week before they realized what was wrong. And during the whole time I only got useless answers to my requests and was told something like "it will take 24 hours to work", or "3 days from now".. Later I had issues with the same domain when trying to get them to authorize me to send mass mailings via a mailing list.

The other issue I have is that the servers seem incredibly slow at times (I'm on shared hosting, and I understand it can be slower at times, but so slow that the site times out is just a little toooooo slow)

And just this past week, for now doing on my own, the DNS server had been changed for the other domain we are using. The answer I got from tech support regarding that was, that their firewall and security systems are working properly and the somebody probably hacked into the site and got into my account that way, and that I should update my php blog software, and CMS. I wrote back and told them that I don't use any CMS, or PHP blog software on that page, and therefore I doubted that this could be the reasons for the DNS change, and I asked for an explanation . THe reply I got was: "We checked your site and the page comes up without problem."
Again, vague answers or no answers at all, lousy server performance, too many issues in such a short time. I'm not happy with them and will be suggesting to my church to get out of our contract to switch to a different host.

Hope that helps

jimmychuang
03-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I just canceled my ****************************** account, I have used ****************************** for 3 years, the reason I kept using their service is because I have a big website on their server, and I don't want to switch, I am too lazy.

After they "accidently" deleted my files, and reply me "sorry, we only keep backup for 48 hours", there is no reason at all for me to use their services.

I have not checked wether they refund the "auto-upgrade fee" or not, I just want to get out A.S.A.P, sometimes a bad company will drive you mad, and lose your money, the most serious problem is, waste your time...

Martie
03-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Well there is no shortage of feedback on ****************************** thats for sure. Search by company name in any hosting forum, directory or on google.com and read feedback about this company.
After going throuh that and one still signs up...well its their choice.
Buyer beware!

maria
07-26-2007, 04:10 PM
I have just signed up with ******************************. They have been able to attend to my every need. I was also able to get help through Live chat with the Billing department which I think is great since this service is not available on other hosting company. Also I have clarified everything first with a Sales agent about the information of the package that I am currently using. They were able to deliver it to me according to what they have advertised.

Martie
07-31-2007, 10:00 PM
I have just signed up with ******************************. They have been able to attend to my every need. I was also able to get help through Live chat with the Billing department which I think is great since this service is not available on other hosting company. Also I have clarified everything first with a Sales agent about the information of the package that I am currently using. They were able to deliver it to me according to what they have advertised.

Hi maria,
Pretty much an old thread to bring up! This always raises suspicious minds as you just joined to update an old thread on ******************************? :confused: One would think you might be affiliated with the co.
Anyway, glad you are happy with ****************************** but since you just signed up it might be a good idea to review them after you've actually had time to use the service. 3-6 months you can most likely provide some good feedback.