PDA

View Full Version : Why $6 per year hosting people also dont want to buy?

wcwong8
09-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Can some one give me a suggestion how i can increase my service
to attract more customer?: fire :

oanielsen
09-28-2004, 11:42 PM
Raise your prices!!!

The old saying "you get what you pay for". I don't know anyone that is serious about their business or their businesses website that would rely on $6/year hosting.

Khun
09-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Agreed, you have to raise your prices. What do you think if I sale Rolex for only $10

oanielsen
09-29-2004, 12:03 AM
You should probably update your web page too. Images are mis-sized, affiliates page is non-existant. You also need more links to your site. Enter your domain name into google, you can see who links to you and where your website has been mentioned.

1PlanHost
09-29-2004, 05:06 PM
I agree 100% with the previous comments on raising your prices. You may attract some kids who were looking for free hosting but that is about it.

Business professionals who are serious about their web site uptime will not take your offer seriously. Case in point, back in 1996, I approached a local fairly well known amusement park and put in a low bid for web site development for $10,000 which to me was a fair price. However, to the park, my bid was way beneath the others so they threw it out expecting low quality work and awarded the contract to another company for $75,000. The real kicker is that the job the 75K winner did was far less superior than what our company would have done for 10K. I learned an expensive lesson in business marketing practices - Perception is everything!

No offense but your offer is too good to be true and the business model leads to serious overselling of server resources and therefore decreased reliability.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

hostingconcept
10-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Hi,

I think the best way for you is, just add your site into the google sponser links and another way is email marketing.