PDA

View Full Version : sensitive hosting question/request

theglimmerman
02-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi folks,
I've attempted to post this to the 'hosting requests' forum but it would seem that new members looking for hosting don't have access to that facility ... anyway ...

I'm looking for a host who will look after a single web site for me.

The site is sensitive in that it is a site that deals with my attempt to track down someone who defrauded my company some time back.

There is nothing unprovable in the content (which basically just tracks past correspondence between us and the person who defrauded us) and the only photograph is a head and shoulders portrait of the person we are trying to track.

Nothing rude, defamatory, obscene, hateful, not as much as a four letter word.

It's just there to:
1) shame the person into paying us the money they owe us
2) make it difficult for them to conduct Internet business while the debt is outstanding

Why not use the courts? The culprit changes address, business name and country so as to avoid the numbers of people he has defrauded.

I can't spend real money on this so a tiny basic Linux plan for little cost will be fine. I don't need state of the art hosting.

A key requirement would be that the site won't be taken down just because the person who defrauded me decides to make an anonymous complaint. I suppose I either need a host who is willing to stand by their client or who couldn't care less and ignores any hassle, maybe some offshore solution, certainly not UK based.

Complicated :-)

Your thoughts?

Regards,
The Glimmer Man

NS-Icon
02-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi,

You shouldn’t find it hard to locate a provider allowing you to host such a site as long as it is not rude, defamatory, obscene, hateful and does not include false information.

You can use our standard Bronze hosting plan to host such as a site; we are a UK based hosting company with servers in the UK and should not have a problem with you hosting such a site.

Best of luck with your venture,