PDA

View Full Version : Powweb and unlimited domains...

MadHag
04-22-2007, 05:08 AM
I noticed the advert by powweb on this site states unlimited domains...

Yet I do not see the offer on their site! Is it me?

David

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-22-2007, 09:24 AM
I don't see it on their hosting plan description page either, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them offering unlimited domains. The question is at what point of disk space, CPU, RAM and bandwidth usage will they cancel your account, because you ar eusing too much server resources?

Martie
04-22-2007, 06:09 PM
I havent checked but for 5.77 a month thats pretty un-realistic (at least in my opinion) Theres probably a catch possibly that the 5.77 would be for a longer term?
Here is some hostsearch feedback:
http://www.hostsearch.com/review/powweb_review.asp

Callisto
05-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I havent checked but for 5.77 a month thats pretty un-realistic (at least in my opinion) Theres probably a catch possibly that the 5.77 would be for a longer term?

I don't think that 5.77 mo price prevents you from getting multiple domain hosting packages, I'm saying that as I've come across multiple domain hosting offer at $3 from webhostingbuzz.com

Bobby
05-29-2007, 03:47 AM
Choosing webhosting company try to compare companies suggested you.
I have never done it before. I try to do that. It seems to be interesting.
Let's compare for example webhostingbuzz.com (http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/website-hosting.shtml?host_shared-hosting) and powweb.com (http://www.powweb.com/powweb/hosting.bml)
Webhostingbuzz.com offer 30 GB Disk Space, 1000 GB Data Transfer for $3 per month.
Powweb.com offers 300 GB space and 3000 Gigs/Month
$53.31 with setup fee $30 for 3 months.

So you just have to decide. As for me webhostingbuzz.com looks more interesting.

alemcherry
06-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Hostmonster offers unlimited domains for a $7 per month account, for quite some time. Personally I wont be interested, unless they provide differnt class C IPs. That way IX web hosting is good - they offer 8 domains with different IP for a resonably priced package.

bermuda
07-06-2007, 03:06 AM
It really is interesting to know that the IX hosting offers different IP addresses for the packages offered.

If that is truly correct, I think in the near future all other hosting providers too will be offering hosting accounts with not the same IP address.

It's like having a separate hosting account for all the domains hosted.

ASP-Hosting.ca
07-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I would stay away from any hosting ompany offering unlimited domains, because they'll have overloaded servers with poor performance most of the time.

Gene Steinberg
07-08-2007, 06:46 PM
I would stay away from any hosting ompany offering unlimited domains, because they'll have overloaded servers with poor performance most of the time.

I've been on two meeting that spec: DreamHost and HostICan. They did not have overloaded servers or poor performance.

Making blanket assumptions of that sort makes no sense whatever. There are reasons why a host might have performance issues, but offering an unlimited domains program is definitely not one of them.

ASP-Hosting.ca
07-09-2007, 09:51 AM
I've been on two meeting that spec: DreamHost and HostICan. They did not have overloaded servers or poor performance.

Making blanket assumptions of that sort makes no sense whatever. There are reasons why a host might have performance issues, but offering an unlimited domains program is definitely not one of them.

Hi Gene,

I answered similar message you wrote in a different thread already. I'm sure there are companies that can manage offering unlimited domains but in my experince most companies fail to deliver performance when they offer unlimited domains.

Gene Steinberg
07-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi Gene,

I answered similar message you wrote in a different thread already. I'm sure there are companies that can manage offering unlimited domains but in my experince most companies fail to deliver performance when they offer unlimited domains.

I think that judging a company based on one aspect of their offering is unfair. It's also contrary to my experience. Also, I have no vested interest in any specific offering, whereas you do represent a host.

MorePen
07-26-2007, 11:47 AM

thats a very valid and good point..... because you have unlimited domains....people will start ab"using" it....