PDA

View Full Version : Network problem!!!!!!!!

thomking
05-12-2007, 04:43 AM
I’m running a Home office, I have 4 pc two of which I’m running win98 OS and other two latest one is Win 2003 server and another one Win vista. When I try to make a Network connection its showing error. I just want to know should I upgrade my two pc to win XP or win2003 the error is incompatibility. Is that the only solution for this, any suggestions! Please help.
Thanks in advance

solsnet
06-25-2007, 05:13 PM
OS upgrade may help resolve the issue.

HV | Tracy
06-30-2007, 09:10 AM
What is/was the error.

You can get a more detailed response if you can tell others what the error is.

casitecenter
10-07-2007, 04:39 PM
When I try to make a Network connection its showing error.

please when ever you need help provide the error message and number
how any one can help you when even we dont know what the problem is

i suggest you to search the error message online you will find good result

Ryan-Limestone
10-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Without having any type of error code, i strongly suggest upgrading from Windows 98. There is probably a very good chance that your hardware will not be able to sustain a more up to date operating system, but hopefully it will.

If for some reason you cannot get it to network, perhaps the hardware isnt compatible with the OS you load, i recommend migrating the data off of there and seeing about getting some inexpensive new machines to replace your old ones.

Hope this helps.

Oracle
05-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Windows Network Problem Solver

This is your automatic expert right on your computer. Define your problem by filling in the form below. Then scroll down to see the solution. Troubleshooting has never been easier. Requires Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or higher and Internet Explorer 6 or higher with scripting enabled. Partly adapted to Windows Vista.......

MagicOPromotion
06-17-2009, 06:22 PM
PC running vista was running fine for 18 months now cant see my router or anything on my network but internet works fine still. My childrens pc running xp sees all network fine still so suspect firewall but how can it change by itself?

RH1
06-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Thats the nature of the firewall - to be dynamic and prevent attacks. however that can hurt you too. Many times depending on the FW used it can see packets coming from an IP as malicous and block it. Problem is, that could have been valid packets. McAfee Security center and the Windows firewall are notorious for this.

~ServerPoint~
06-19-2009, 08:13 AM
MagicOPromotion please next time check the date of the post. Orachle uped old thread and I think that OP might longer be intersted in this topic