PDA

View Full Version : looking for reseller input...

jr1
10-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Basically I am testing interest and looking for feedback from designers and hosts regarding reselling Windows hosting plans. Right now, we just offer hosting to our design clients, but are preparing to expand our client base online.

We have dedicated servers in which we are going to be offering to rent space to designers and hosts to resell. Would you rather rent a block of space and bandwidth for you to resell as you go or would you rather just resell plans that are already setup with features and a low price that you can mark up?

I'm also interested in what you would be willing pay for quality plans running on Windows Server 2003, packed with features and software, full support via e-mail, telephone, instant messaging and a ticket system. All running on top of the line servers with 9 backbone providers including sprint, AT&T, bellsouth, etc. Keep in mind these aren't mass linux plans you see everyone, but Windows Server 2003 which is a little more expensive and you don't see as many reseller plans. We would also offer 99.9% uptime guaranteed and a money back guarantee. Pro-rated billing so you only pay for what you actually use. Also open to other suggestions in what to offer to add to trust and reliability.

It seems people are hesitant about reseller accounts and it is hard to find quality hosting that is cheap enough for people to profit from. Thats why I was considering pushing it more as "renting space to resell." Basically the same thing, but does renting sound better than reselling? All input is welcome and thanks in advance to all those who offer feedback.