PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best way to promote your web site?

24x7
11-09-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm working for new project of Reseller program. I just would like to ask you guys that which is the best way to promote your website? One of my collegues shared with me about Google Ad words. But I heard it's very expensive and it seems it does not work. What do you guys use for promoting your web hosting service? How about Web host directory? Does it work for conversion rates as well as brand recognition?

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-10-2004, 03:54 PM
You need a lot of cash if you want to compete with hosts advertising on Google, Overture or the big hosting directories. You need to find smart (low cost) ways to advertise, and nobody here will share what worked for him and what not :).

fawh
11-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Google Ad Words and Overture can be effective if you spend a lot of time managing your account and finding the best keyword phrase and landing page combinations.

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Google Ad Words and Overture can be effective if you spend a lot of time managing your account and finding the best keyword phrase and landing page combinations.

Yes bot Google and Overture can be effective, but to do it requires a lot of work and research...

fawh
11-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Google and Overture can be effective, but to do it requires a lot of work and research.

Yes, it does.

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Yes, it does.

Which one do you prefer, Google or Overture?

fawh
11-23-2004, 10:04 AM
I probably did equally well with each. I only used them for a few months though. The one thing I liked about Adwords is I didn't have to wait for an ad to be approved.

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-23-2004, 12:09 PM
I probably did equally well with each. I only used them for a few months though. The one thing I liked about Adwords is I didn't have to wait for an ad to be approved.

Did you bid on hosting related keyword?

fcolor
11-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Some Pay per click search engines offer low cost advertising but most of them sue to cheat.

Link Exchnage is a good free alternative but it will not bring you a lot of visitors.

Afiliate Marketing - As far as I know it is the best way to promote and sell online

Direct Advertising - It is very expensive but it helps if you can target your customers.

Regards
D.

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-26-2004, 10:03 AM
Direct Advertising - It is very expensive but it helps if you can target your customers.

Depending on the target market, direct advertising can give you a very good return.

1PlanHost
11-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Google is very effective if you tweak your keywords and do not use the default "Broad Match" setting which Google will use to match any keyword that are somewhat remotely related to your word. I like to use "Phrase Match" (place the qoutation marks around your keyword phrase) because this tells Google to show any related keyword searches that actually contain your keyword. The even more strict "Exact Match" setting is a bit too targeted in my opinion.

Choose keywords that are relevant to the products and services on your site. For example - "MySql database hosting"

Avoid using general keywords such as "web hosting"

Don't limit yourself to single keywords. (users are much more likely to type in two or three word phrases to find a product or service)

Another tip: Only use their "search network" NOT the "content network" In my experience the content network generates many fraudulent clicks (expensive) from AdSence affiliate sites who make money off of those clicks. The search network remains in the Google network of sites but offers better quality ROI.

The only way to truly get cranking with Google is just to take the risk and jump in with a set daily budget. Just be sure to monitor it closely each day and by all means use the Conversion Rate tracking tool so you can watch your ROI.

Other good advertising tools are
1. Hosting Directories (get a listing in ALL of them)
2. Web hosting forums
3. Natural (Organic) search engine optimization
4. Links on others sites
5. Affiliate Programs (very good)

Stay away from paid traffic as those programs are a total waste of money. Many of the paid banner ad programs are also a waste even on hosting related sites. They do generate some click thrus (very few) but in general do not offer a good return on investment.

As with ALL advertising, get yourself a good tool to monitor your ROI. Since 2001 I have used Bob Regnerus' Aff Manager for both our Affliate Program and Ad Tracker and absolutely could not live without it. See http://www.affiliate-management-software.com for details on Aff Manager It is much cheaper than the other professional affiliate software programs but has nearly all the same features and is extremly reliable. Bob is a super guy and an excellent ColdFusion programer

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-28-2004, 02:09 PM
A very helpful post Darrell, thanks!

Peter

fawh
11-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Did you bid on hosting related keyword?

Yes, I bid on different combinations of hosting related keyword phrases.

Jilly
12-01-2004, 06:32 AM
If my budget available for only one thing, should I go for search engine such as Google adword? or directory? By the way, noticed your guy talk most about Google, what about others search engine? such as MSN, Yahoo,... what is the result since it may require less time, effort and $$ :confused: Thanks in advance for sharing info :D

taihnd
12-04-2004, 03:12 AM
Networking your self and getting good review is the best way :(

ASP-Hosting.ca
12-04-2004, 08:54 AM
If my budget available for only one thing, should I go for search engine such as Google adword? or directory? By the way, noticed your guy talk most about Google, what about others search engine? such as MSN, Yahoo,... what is the result since it may require less time, effort and $$ :confused: Thanks in advance for sharing info :D

What is your website URL?

taihnd
12-04-2004, 03:57 PM
here is my url http://www.hostndesign.net/

ASP-Hosting.ca
12-04-2004, 04:24 PM
here is my url http://www.hostndesign.net/

Where did you but the site template from?

1PlanHost
12-13-2004, 12:21 PM
That is a nice template design I agree. It may however have trouble with organic search engine optimization though due to the use of flash and lack of keyword text in the body. Of course you could compensate with buying your keywords on Google.

ASP-Hosting.ca
12-13-2004, 01:39 PM
That is a nice template design I agree. It may however have trouble with organic search engine optimization though due to the use of flash and lack of keyword text in the body. Of course you could compensate with buying your keywords on Google.

That's true. You might want to move the stylesheet definitions into a separate CSS file, and to put a little more text on the page...

highlighter
01-08-2005, 05:16 PM
For most companies gettling listed on web hosting directories is the most effective way of promotion. It is free and helps companies introduce their plans easily to a targetted audience.

Advertising on adwords and overture is very expensive in turnover of the web hosting company is not over a certain limit to cover the high advertising costs.

Search engine optimization is also effective but hard to achieve and takes time and needs too much effort and sometimes money...

Word of mouth is maybe the most effective way but the hardest one to achieve. You have to have many very satisfied customers that will promote your company to their friends, collegues etc.

I hope this information will help to your advertising strategy...

absolut
01-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Free web hosting directories will give you something like 1 visitor per month. I think the most helpful will be affiliates. Good example of this is dreamhost. But they pay too much - $65 per one customer or 10% of recurring fee.

ASP-Hosting.ca
01-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Free web hosting directories will give you something like 1 visitor per month. I think the most helpful will be affiliates. Good example of this is dreamhost. But they pay too much - $65 per one customer or 10% of recurring fee.

Having listings in free web hosting directories doesn't help much indeed.

highlighter
01-12-2005, 03:38 PM
It helps if you periodically update your profile and your hosting plans' information.

Most directories sort their search results according to the last update time.
Therefore, the most updated you are, the most top position you are listed.
This will dramatically affect your getting found by visitors.

Also, becoming a featured host helps a lot too. You gain many special priviliges. One of them is, you can bid money to modify your search results position. Also some directories such as www.HostMarker.com sends instant notifications to featured hosts when a Price Quote is requested by a customer and allows only featured hosts to send quotes to the requests.

Using this way, hosts can directly contact with a customer that has a specific need.

ASP-Hosting.ca
01-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Most hosting directories are useless, unless you want to compete with hosts offering everything for a dollar...

DataStreamUSA
01-24-2005, 08:11 AM
If you have a hosting company I have found hostsearch's review system has been great for business. Google ads are good too but they can get very pricy.

highlighter
01-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Yes, hostsearch's reviews are good way to prove your company's creditability. However, in some cases most of the reviews are made by the hosting company owners. Therefore, doesn't always show that they are posted by real customers...

DataStreamUSA
01-24-2005, 04:58 PM
90+ reviews is more then most :)

ASP-Hosting.ca
01-26-2005, 04:48 PM
90+ reviews is more then most :)

Just curious, for how long have you been in business?

highlighter
01-29-2005, 10:15 AM
I agree with Datastream.

Having many positive reviews on your company, will help you persuade more customers if the potential customers believe that those reviews are posted by real customers...

DataStreamUSA
01-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Just curious, for how long have you been in business?

We have been in Business since 1999. Sorry for the delayd reply, I wasnt watching this post :)

taihnd
01-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Word of mouth is a good marketing for any company with any product you sell. Also have the # 1 customer services helps too. :D

1PlanHost
03-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Agreed, word of mouth advertising from happy customers is worth it's weight in gold. Reviews and testimonials on 3rd party web sites are extremely important especially if they are totally unsolicited. I am a serious student of SEO (always learning) and therefore check backlinks to our site reguarly. It never fails to amaze me how customers who are pleased with our service will brag on us to thier site customers. Folks, it does not get any better than that so the key is take really great care of your customers and they will in turn take care of you.

ASP-Hosting.ca
03-09-2005, 03:31 PM
The happy customers are the foundation of every successful business, and web hosting is no exception.

dennis123
02-14-2015, 07:39 AM
SEO and PPC are the best ways for the website promotion. SEO is totally cost effective, if you have very well knowledge about it. Yes, SEO takes time for the visibility of the website in the search engine but if you want instant result then go for the PPC option where you will get instant traffic for the website based on the targeted keywords. But PPC is the paid service because you will have to pay the search engine for each click on your ads. So as per my opinion, SEO is the best and natural way of site promotion.

Raff Harris
02-20-2015, 05:20 AM
5 best ways to promote your website.

Directory Listings
Complimentary PR
Social Media
Offer Commentary
Your Email Signature

Elena Swenson
02-21-2015, 10:40 AM
Keyword Analysis
Link building
On page Optimization
Content development for off-page SEO
Content development for new pages or editing existing pages
Paid services from sites like SEOclerks.

sanamgupta
02-23-2015, 06:33 AM
20 free ways to advertise your website:

• Increase your visibility on search engines
• Put your URL on everything
• Submit your site to every directory, specialty listing, industry organization, and yellow pages you can find
• Utilize evangelists
• Blogs
• Podcasting
• Join online communities
• E-mail lists
• Get the attention of the press
• Win awards
• Donate time or resources to a charity
• Publish information and reports about your industry
• Reciprocal links
• Reciprocal banner ads
• Coupons
• Free samples of your product or services
• Free classified ads
• Excellent customer service
• Business alliances and partnerships
• Ezine

davidweb09
02-24-2015, 06:09 AM
SEO via white hat SEO techniques is another way for website promotion that gives long term results.

webcreations
02-25-2015, 10:31 PM
facebook twitter pinterest these 3 website playing most important part in seo

wennykev
03-01-2015, 05:56 AM
1.Write useful & informative Article & Submit to the Article Directory

2. try paid services of SEOclerks.

3. Hunt for the Blogs that compliment your website. Engage their readers in the discussion & request them to publish your Article.

4. Forum participation

5. Write testimonials

6. Create Blogs & submit to the major directories.